Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Thinking about putting 10 units on Ravens to win it all

My units are 50$, so 500 at +880, would be a return of 4,400$.

Thoughts on this? Anyone thinking about doing the same thing at this point?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Save your money, put it on props. There should be some juicy ones this weekend and SB weekend.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Save your money, put it on props. There should be some juicy ones this weekend and SB weekend.
    What props are you expecting to see? The juiciest one I see right now is the Ravens to win the superbowl.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    My units are 50$, so 500 at +880, would be a return of 4,400$.

Thoughts on this? Anyone thinking about doing the same thing at this point?
    And this will be your highest yielding fruit bearing investment of the year

PAULYPOKER

Harbaugh Superbowl?

All my info,links and wagers on Baltimore in this thread

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    And this will be your highest yielding fruit bearing investment of the year
    Do you really believe in this investment or are you a big Ravens fan?

PAULYPOKER

Do you really believe in this investment or are you a big Ravens fan?
    I am a die hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan who knows the Ravens capabilities like the bible itself...............

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Geez, why not just take the 7/2 ML for them to beat the Pats. How would the Ravens be able to compete with San Fran?

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

i got
    Ravens +9 vs Pats
    Ravens +310 vs Pats
    Ravens +800 to win Championship

i would be very pleased to cash the first 2. however, if they get passed the Pats how the fukk can they be sold at +4 vs 49ers or pick vs Falcons?

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

I am a die hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan who knows the Ravens capabilities like the bible itself...............
    The only reason I'm second guessing is because I'm a die hard Ravens fan and I just wanted to be sure my thoughts were not out of control.

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post
    i got
    Ravens +9 vs Pats
    Ravens +310 vs Pats

i would be very pleased to cash the first 2. however, if they get passed the Pats how the fukk can they be sold at +4 vs 49ers or pick vs Falcons?
    LOL, If I had a dollar for every person I saw taking Ravens ML and Ravens to win the SB I would be a much richer man.

chopperocker

i got
    Ravens +9 vs Pats
    Ravens +310 vs Pats

slacker00

What props are you expecting to see? The juiciest one I see right now is the Ravens to win the superbowl.
    Here's an example of one already available in the SF-ATL game:
    Will a special teams or defensive TD be scored
    1011 Yes +160
    1012 No -200

Going by this year's stats, ATL got 2 and SF 4, neither team had a PRTD or KRTD. That's 6 in 34 games combined.
    Also, both teams are near the top in fewest offensive giveaways. SF gave up the only PR/KR TD.

So, that's better than an 80% chance of "no" cashing. Given the odds, that's great value.

I play dozens, if not hundreds of props like this every week, but don't have time to write them all up like this.

This time of the year props get even better, with more available and they are easier to beat.

My point is, don't go "all-in" on one bet with no value, diversify your bankroll between a lot of profitable bets.

PAULYPOKER

I just wanted to be sure my thoughts were not out of control.
    No they are not,Ray Lewis is the real Father/Coach of this team...........FACT..........

This is the KEY difference maker for the Ravens chances this year.......................

Think of the Chuck Pagano's emotional effect on the Colts this year, now add Elephant Steroids...........
    Points Awarded:

Wrecked gave PAULYPOKER 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    LOL, If I had a dollar for every person I saw taking Ravens ML and Ravens to win the SB I would be a much richer man.
    And the line isn't moving because?...

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Here's an example of one already available in the SF-ATL game:
    Will a special teams or defensive TD be scored
    1011 Yes +160
    1012 No -200

Going by this year's stats, ATL got 2 and SF 4, neither team had a PRTD or KRTD. That's 6 in 34 games combined.
    Also, both teams are near the top in fewest offensive giveaways. SF gave up the only PR/KR TD.

So, that's better than an 80% chance of "no" cashing. Given the odds, that's great value.

I play dozens, if not hundreds of props like this every week, but don't have time to write them all up like this.

This time of the year props get even better, with more available and they are easier to beat.

My point is, don't go "all-in" on one bet with no value, diversify your bankroll between a lot of profitable bets.

I see I see!!
    But 500 isn't all in for me, just a good return of investment margin in my opinion.

Slimpickens

And the line isn't moving because?...
    Where do you want the line to move to? 7.5 to 9.5 not much difference generally in football games.

chopperocker

+800 is worth the value. if i cash the first 2 tickets the 3rd is irellevent cuz i already made a profit. these are 1% bankroll bets. im looking for what i personally believe are mispriced wagers. the only reason Falcons are +600 and Ravens are +800 is cuz the Ravens have to get passed the Pats, which i do not find impossible.

i profit long-term, not short-term.
    Last edited by chopperocker; 01-16-13 at 06:59 PM.

Slimpickens

You dont see that books are absolutely begging people to take the Ravens at 8-1 to win the super bowl? You guys have got to be kidding me what were we born yesterday?

PAULYPOKER

cuz the Ravens have to get passed the Pats, which i do not find impossible.

The way I see it the Ravens already got passed the best team in the NFL and would of won the Superbowl Broncos.........

Slimpickens

+800 is worth the value. if i cash the first 2 tickets the 3rd is irellevent. these are 1% bankroll bets. im looking for what i personally believe are mispriced wagers. the only reason Falcons are +600 and Ravens are +800 is cuz the Ravens have to get passed the Pats, which i do not find impossible.

I will wish you good luck sir as I am certainly not a Patriot fan, quite the opposite I have been bashing them all year. But to me the numbers just dont add up to take Ravens ML or especially SB.

PAULYPOKER

You dont see that books are absolutely begging people to take the Ravens at 8-1 to win the super bowl? You guys have got to be kidding me what were we born yesterday?
    No I see what is actually happening, very small action on the ML in this game.............

The -9 line is there to feed the public an illusion that the Ravens don't have a prayer to win the game............

Vegas is simply playing the clueless square headed public like a fukkin

slacker00

I see I see!!
    But 500 isn't all in for me, just a good return of investment margin in my opinion.
    Future props are a terrible investment, partly because of the insane juice built into them.

Plus, in a spot like this, I would rather bet game-by-game so I ran evaluate the matchups with each week, etc.

If you putting 10% of your bankroll on one play, you are gambling, not investing. "Risk of ruin" is very high.

Slimpickens

The way I see it the Ravens already got passed the best team in the NFL and would of won the Superbowl Broncos.........
    I normally wouldnt say something like this but I truly believe that Denver was never going to win that game. Books needed either the Pats or Broncos to lose outright and thats exactly what they got. John Fox should have been fired on the spot for that dispicible coaching effort.

Slimpickens

No I see what is actually happening, very small action on the ML in this game.............

The -9 line is there to feed the public an illusion that the Ravens don't have a prayer to win the game............

LOL, maybe.

slacker00

I normally wouldnt say something like this but I truly believe that Denver was never going to win that game. Books needed either the Pats or Broncos to lose outright and thats exactly what they got. John Fox should have been fired on the spot for that dispicible coaching effort.
    Fox deserves the ax. I could not believe Peyton kneeled to end the 1H, but same thing to end 2H?! My jaw just dropped.

slacker00

Is that what they did to you last week with the DEN ML, Pauly, played you like a violin?

Slimpickens

Fox deserves the ax. I could not believe Peyton kneeled to end the 1H, but same thing to end 2H?! My jaw just dropped.
    Its was absurd. They worked all season to get to that game and to lose like that, just terrible.

PAULYPOKER

Is that what they did to you last week with the DEN ML, Pauly, played you like a violin?
    I never knew you were sooooooooooooo dense Slacker but I guess your handle confirms it....................

chopperocker

I will wish you good luck sir as I am certainly not a Patriot fan, quite the opposite I have been bashing them all year. But to me the numbers just dont add up to take Ravens ML or especially SB.
    Note that prices are a reflection of anticipated liability. Not a sole reflection of what the true line should be. I made my line Pats -7.5 so I gotta take the Ravens plus 9.

chopperocker

Falcons plus 600 is the sucker bet, Ravens have a history of winning playoff games by margin. Should be reversed future prices at the least.

chopperocker

These prices are ridiculous and geared to the public mind. They will find plenty of morons to lay 1-1 or 2-1 with pats/49ers. I'd rather lay -110 today than wait 3 weeks for shit odds. You can bring in a 22-1 at the track on occasion. Ravens plus 800 has great value.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

If u think Ravens are winning the Super Bowl I think the better bet or at least a good bet would be Flacco SB MVP +1600. If Ravens do win the SB chances are MVP would be Flacco right? if the Denver game was the SB Flacco woulda been MVP for sure.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by SEKTAUR View Post
    If u think Ravens are winning the Super Bowl I think the better bet or at least a good bet would be Flacco SB MVP +1600. If Ravens do win the SB chances are MVP would be Flacco right? if the Denver game was the SB Flacco woulda been MVP for sure.
    I got the Ravens+2300@5Dimes within minutes of Lewis announcing retirement.........

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

400 Ravens win SB 100 Flacco MVP sounds pretty good

12 Last