r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

broncos qb situation

i honestly think shanarat goes with cutler next week here. I look at this way. Jake has not added value to the broncos offense. In other words, you can't point to one game this year (maybe the pats early) that he was the reason they won the football game. He hasn't neccessarily hurt them in their wins, but he certainly has helped either. The losses though, a good chunk of those mistakes are the reason we have lost 4. should have been able to score a td or two in the rams game, kc final drive chokes again, san diego chokes again. He hasn't WON a single game that is attributed to his play. once again, more INT's than TD's this year. Story of this guys career.

Cutler in my opinion can do no worse, yet possibly better. The defense needs to continue to win games for the donkeys, but with cutler, i think you give your offense a shot of winning some games. Jake also is not as mobile as he once was, and that offense needs a mobile, throwing qb.

we shall see.....shanarat aint' afraid to mix things up though...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you here Plummer's comments after the KC game on Thursday night. He ripped the media a new one, and said he didn't read anything they print.

I think all Shanny has to do is look at the success that Dallas has had with Romo, and act accordingly.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Cutler should be in. Just plain and simple. Denver cant be any worse with him in there.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I think all Shanny has to do is look at the success that Dallas has had with Romo, and act accordingly.
    Dan,
    I think these are two entirely different situations. Romo had been around for four years learning from Vinny and Drew. Cutler has been in the league about a minute and a half.

I'm not saying Cutler can't come in and have Romo-like success, but I just don't see how you pull Plummer at this point when you're still in the playoff hunt.

If Shanny does make the move, it will be interesting to see how it works out.

Doc JS

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Romo beat 2 slop teams and 1 team in indy that beat themself
    had simion rice been in the game romo would have eaten dirt a few times and 5td's wouldn't occur.
    cutler should come in since plummer is playing like shit although it was only preseason cutler had some good stats.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Honestly, I really believe this Cutler/Plummer nonsense has to do with Shanahan. Shanahan has always fancied himself a genius. I think throwing Cutler into this situation is a bit unfair. He hasn't had real game action in 3 months and yet he is the savior because all Shanahan has to do is put in an interchangable part because his "system" wins ballgames.

The real mistake was not starting Cutler at the beginning of the year or at least giving him the starting job in Week 4. I know starting Cutler at the beginning of the year would have been a real, real tough sell. Hindsight being what it is, I just think Plummer has been unbelievably overrated ever since he came into the NFL.

I will say that the Rose Bowl Plummer was in (can't remember the year) was unreal. That, to me, was his last great moment. He has been a putrid NFL QB.

E