Kyle_Fitta
    Kyle_Fitta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

San Francisco 49ers vs Atlanta Falcons Breakdown and Prediction

Well, I thought my successful season might end because I jinxed myself by posting my picks on here. However, that wasn't the case. I went 3-1. If you don't know, I took the Niners-3, Seahawks+2.5 (good thing I took the points), Patriots-Texans OVER, and sadly Broncos and Patriots in a 6.5 point teaser, which should have cashed in. Oh well, take the good with the bad I guess. This week I only like one game so far. That being the Falcons and 49ers. I do believe the Patriots will win. I just don't like the spread right now. Perhaps if it falls lower, I will make a play on it. It's a good teaser game, though.

Advantages:

QB: This should be Matt Ryan by default; however, I'm a little undecided right now. Colin Kapernick has played phenomenal in big games this year with his most recent achievement being lighting up the Packer's defense. One of Kapernick's downfalls in college was his accuracy. However, as of right now, he is completing over 60 percent of his passes. Perhaps this is because of the brilliance of John Harbaugh, who is infamous for coaching Andrew Luck and revolving Alex Smith. Kapernick's biggest strengths are his arm strength and speed. The guy is a difficult match up for anyone. Matt Ryan, on the other hand, is a surgeon. If Peyton Manning and Tom Brady retired, I would say he is one of the best line of scrimmage adjusters in the game. His ability to read defenses is just simply amazing. He seems everything like its in slow motion. The one thing you can say about Matt Ryan is sometimes it seems as if the pressure gets to him. After all, he won his first playoff game in 4 years by the skin of his teeth. And at first his offense was clicking, but as time went on, as the lights got brighter, he started making elementary mistakes that are uncommon for him; for example, forcing it into tight coverage and not realizing it was what I would call bait coverage by the safety, meaning he's daring the QB to throw that way because that's exactly what he's reading. Ryan should have saw this coming, especially because the Seahawks did the same thing to a much less experienced RGIII last week. I might get heat from Falcons fans, but I'm calling this match-up even.

Running Back: The Niners are better than the Falcons in this department. This time stats speak for themselves. They are 4th in the league in rushing, and now that they got Kapernick running like a deer being chased by a bear, they might be number one. The Falcons are only 29th in running the ball. However, the offensive line and running backs were the factors in the Seahawks game. The offensive line DOMINATED one of the most psychical defenses and the Falcons running backs ran like they were on a mission. If the Falcons bring that intensity running the football to this game, they have a good shot of winning. Edge: Niners.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: The Falcons win this match up; however, not by a landslide. I really am starting to believe in this 49ers WR/TE core. Of course we all know what Davis brings to the table, but the other WRS are stepping it up. Harbaugh and others realized quickly that the WR position was lacking and then did something about it over the off-season. That's what you're supposed to do: fix the glaring holes on your team to give yourself a better shot at winning, something the Bear's GM never understood. The Falcons WRS, though, might have the best WRS/TE in the league. White and Jones are deep threats (though very versatile than just a deep threat) and Tony Gonzalez can eat cover 2 and the middle for breakfast. The way the Falcons set up this offense is just incredible and if they can acquire a running back over the off-season, this might be the best offense in the game. Edge: Falcons.

Offensive Line: I like both teams offensive lines. The Falcons did an excellent job of protecting Ryan and run blocking for the backs, while the Niners have been good all season too. I'll call this a tie.

Defensive Line: This easily goes to the Niners. They are one of the best pass-rushing and run-stopping teams in the league, and it's mainly because of the penetration they are able to get up-front. The Falcons have a decent defensive line; however, if Abraham cannot go, they might be in big trouble winning the battle vs the Niners offensive line.

Linebackers: Yet again, this goes to the Niners. They have physical linebackers who can play every aspect of the position. Edge: 49ers

Secondary: I love Samuel, but I have to give this to the Niners again. 4th against the pass vs 23rd speaks itself. Edge: 49ers

Special Teams: I'll give it to the Falcons, because David Ackers is having his worst season this year.Edge: Falcons.

Coaching: I love everything about the Niners coaching staff. They say your team is what your coach is, and the Niners are a in-your-face, physical, punch-you-in-the-nose kind of team. Just hard-nose and blue-collar all the way.

Who wins? It should be a close game. The Falcons are great in that dome. Their only loss came to the Buccaneers in a meaningless game. In order to win though, the Falcons need to establish the run and be able to stop Niners explosive run game as well. For the most part, they were able to do it against the Seahawks. I just don't see them doing it against this well-rounded Niners team. Plus,yet again, the Falcons struggled against a mobile QB. Kapernick might be the best mobile QB in the game. And I believe the injury to Clemens really affected the Seahawks ability to win the battle at the LOS. The Niners, in general, have better pass-rushers and stoppers. The Falcons are a talented team; I believe Matt Ryan and his WR core can put up points, but I just believe the Niners offense will have their way with the Falcons defense and be able to control the game. 31-21 Niners (-3.5)

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

I tend to agree with you. When I watched Atlanta this year, they didn't really impress me much. Examples: Carolina in both games, Raiders, Lions, and Cardinals, even though they won 5 of those 6. The Raiders game stuck out to me, they didn't play very well both got the win, a lot of luck this year but it's all about the wins.

We will see if a rookie QB can lead his team to a Super Bowl. I like SF but that .5 point scare me. May buy it down to -3. Best of luck

GoeGurt
    GoeGurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 966

i think the 49ers win easily I believe there offense is better then the atlanta defense and I believe their defense is better then atlantas offense

DirtyBird1500
    DirtyBird1500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by Jakenv21 View Post
    I tend to agree with you. When I watched Atlanta this year, they didn't really impress me much. Examples: Carolina in both games, Raiders, Lions, and Cardinals, even though they won 5 of those 6. The Raiders game stuck out to me, they didn't play very well both got the win, a lot of luck this year but it's all about the wins.

We will see if a rookie QB can lead his team to a Super Bowl. I like SF but that .5 point scare me. May buy it down to -3. Best of luck
    You dont get lucky 14 times in the NFL. They earned every win, close or not.

But this will be a real tough game Sunday, not because ATL has been lucky all season, but because its the NFC Championship and SF is a good team.

Kyle_Fitta
    Kyle_Fitta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Yeah, it's time to give the Falcons some respect, DirtyBird1500. They won 13 regular season games. Give just about any other team their schedule and I guarantee they don't win those games. I don't know why the Falcons get no respect. Maybe because the fact that they've done this before and lost in their first playoff game. Now, however, they not only did that, but they also beat one of the hottest teams in the NFL. My prediction has nothing to do with me believing the Falcons are frauds, but more so that the Niners look like the most complete team in the NFL right now.

DirtyBird1500

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_Fitta View Post
    Yeah, it's time to give the Falcons some respect, DirtyBird1500. They won 13 regular season games. Give just about any other team their schedule and I guarantee they don't win those games. I don't know why the Falcons get no respect. Maybe because the fact that they've done this before and lost in their first playoff game. Now, however, they not only did that, but they also beat one of the hottest teams in the NFL. My prediction has nothing to do with me believing the Falcons are frauds, but more so that the Niners look like the most complete team in the NFL right now.
    Absolutely. If SF plays like they did on Saturday, I don't really see how ATL can have much of a chance (or how any team would have much of a chance really).

I just feel like we are hearing all of the same "fraud" and "lucky" crap from some people that we heard all last week and we saw how that turned out. Even after blowing a big lead and being totally back up against the wall they still found a way to pull it off and get the win. To me, if anything, that shows that all those other close wins during the season were not lucky at all because they keep doing it.

enzopizzaman
    enzopizzaman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBird1500 View Post
    You dont get lucky 14 times in the NFL. They earned every win, close or not.

But this will be a real tough game Sunday, not because ATL has been lucky all season, but because its the NFC Championship and SF is a good team.
    Quit being a homer..... honestly man, have you watched the Falcons at all this year being a fan?? it may force my hand with all the San Fran money coming in but shit... their the worse #1 i can remember... come on Dirty

DirtyBird1500

Quote Originally Posted by enzopizzaman View Post
    Quit being a homer..... honestly man, have you watched the Falcons at all this year being a fan?? it may force my hand with all the San Fran money coming in but shit... their the worse #1 i can remember... come on Dirty
    Yes I watched every single game from beginning to end. How is saying that it will be a real tough game and they might lose being a homer?

Black Hills
    Black Hills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Great write up Kyle, I see the line moved up to 4 1/2 some places....

enzopizzaman
    enzopizzaman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBird1500 View Post
    Yes I watched every single game from beginning to end. How is saying that it will be a real tough game and they might lose being a homer?
    Because i always see you on here talking them up to the forum. I'm sure i'm as big of Steelers fan as you are Falcon fan, but shit i took Cinn at +4.5 on the road in week 16 in Pittsburgh. Why you ask, because the Bengals were a more complete team. I'm not saying the Falcons can't win because i think they can especially with the Line moving the way it is...

DirtyBird1500

Quote Originally Posted by enzopizzaman View Post
    Because i always see you on here talking them up to the forum. I'm sure i'm as big of Steelers fan as you are Falcon fan, but shit i took Cinn at +4.5 on the road in week 16 in Pittsburgh. Why you ask, because the Bengals were a more complete team. I'm not saying the Falcons can't win because i think they can especially with the Line moving the way it is...
    Right, I get that, but I don't even know if I am taking ATL myself yet. All I am really arguing is the point that they are a "fraud" or "lucky". None of my posts ever said anything about them covering. And the only reason I feel the need to talk them up on here so much is because 90% of the posts seems to be writing them off like they are some shit team that has no business even being there.

I took them yesterday, but at -1 when the line first came out. I would not have taken them any higher than 3 yesterday because I thought it would be a close game.