dnwjdl
    dnwjdl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

I have two live Super Bowl future bets. Should I let it ride???

I made some future bets before the season, and two of them are still in the playoffs. I have BAL to win 20 units and ATL to win 15 units. It would be the best if they play each other in the Super Bowl, but it is highly unlikely, I think. Should I just let it ride???

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 699

That sux.....better put money on NE and SF for SB.

GP
    GP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

hedging will significantly cut into your potential payout, since MLs for next weekend are NE -410 vs. BAL and SF -190 vs. ATL. SB weekend MLs are NE -250 vs. ATL and SF -180 vs. BAL.

your decision to let it ride this weekend, and/or next weekend, depends on whether you want a sure thing, albeit much smaller payout.

specifically, how confident are you in the 3 of 4 potential outcomes in the 2 conference championship games that will allow you a hedge opportunity for the SB? GL! whatever you decide.
    Last edited by GP; 01-14-13 at 12:35 AM.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

letting my sf future ride..

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dnwjdl View Post
    I made some future bets before the season, and two of them are still in the playoffs. I have BAL to win 20 units and ATL to win 15 units. It would be the best if they play each other in the Super Bowl, but it is highly unlikely, I think. Should I just let it ride???
    Let Ravens ride and cash in,

ATL won't even make it there...........

dnwjdl
    dnwjdl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    hedging will significantly cut into your potential payout, since MLs for next weekend are NE -410 vs. BAL and SF -190 vs. ATL. SB weekend MLs are NE -250 vs. ATL and SF -180 vs. BAL.

your decision to let it ride this weekend, and/or next weekend, depends on whether you want a sure thing, albeit much smaller payout.

specifically, how confident are you in the 3 of 4 potential outcomes in the 2 conference championship games that will allow you a hedge opportunity for the SB? GL! whatever you decide.
    Agreed! It's too expensive to hedge. I might hedge a little live if an opportunity presents itself, but other than that, I won't. Thanks for the reply!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Only hedge if you've made a bankroll mistake in the first place and don't want to have so much risk.

If you've changed your mind and prefer an opposite play, just make it a standard play in the other direction.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: steady hustlin

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

You appear to be drawing dead with the 2 teams you are live too. Congrats on getting this far though. Maybe next year.