innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

NFL Divisional round***** my take

Denver by 11

While one would think Manning vs Flacco is the determining factor here. I believe this game will be won in the trenches. Baltimore is not the run stopping defense they use to be and if you give Fox and Manning the ability to get big chunks of yardage on the ground its going to open up his Tight ends and receivers for big plays as well. While the Broncos definitely have the advantage of stopping the run and home field kicking advantage too. The case can be made that Broncos strength of schedule was soft but that has nothing to do with Manning or Fox and the goals they are seeking.

49rs by at least 4

No doubt Rogers and company want revenge and are facing a unproven QB who is yet to be proven in playoffs. The fact is niners dominate this game because they have the best pass defense at home. They only allow a average of 166 passing yards per game, fewest yards per catch, and hold opposing teams to the lowest passing first downs per game at home. The average opponent team pass rating is 74. This doesn't bold well for even Rogers and his multiple options. Green Bay ranks 28Th against yards per carry and that's a average of 4.5. The Niners have the thunder of Gore, the speed of James, and a well coached young QB. This is going to exploit the GB defense and eat the clock keeping Rogers watching for a majority of the game.

Seahawks by 10

I figure this to be one of the more lopsided games this weak. Again this game is going to be determined by the team that can run the ball effectively. Big advantage for Seahawks here. Atlanta is giving up 4.8 yards per rush and Seahawks average 4.9 per carry. Atlanta also loses the 3rd down battle and will struggle to get their defense off the field. Seahawks allow a league low 5.4 yards per completion and I just don't see how the Hawks are going to stop the run and keep thier defense from getting worn out by late in the game.

Houston by 3

Unlike last time I believe the attributes that Texans have will manifest themselves into a unthinkable road win at NE. While I do admit the NE defense is much better this year and Brady can be virtually unstoppable. I have to side with the team that is better equipped to run the ball effectively and chew up the clock. Houston leads the league in TOP which keeps the defense fresh and is a sign of a good running game that opens up play action. This won't be a popular play but I do believe Houston has all the ingredients to get to the Superbowl this year.

Good luck with whomever you chose.
    Last edited by innovation; 01-09-13 at 01:49 PM.

stucker78
    stucker78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 666

Why do you keep calling Atlanta the "Hawks"?

JohnnyBrooklyn
    JohnnyBrooklyn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Texans SUCK!! BRONCO's AINT CHYT!! Balt and NE will win ,BIG!!

innovation

[QUOTE=stucker78;17430078]Why do you keep calling Atlanta the "Hawks"?[/

Old inside joke.

McDabs
    McDabs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

Why use an inside joke on a forum?? lol probably just got confused with NBA...btw hate your picks. I would fade every one actually..GL and hope your not betting real money on these.

innovation

To each their own. Your opinion is like mine it doesn't mean squat. In the grand scheme of things we are all just pawns except I choose to go against the flow.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Seahawks by 10

I figure this to be one of the more lopsided games this weak. Again this game is going to be determined by the team that can run the ball effectively. Big advantage for Seahawks here. Atlanta is giving up 4.8 yards per rush and Seahawks average 4.9 per carry. Atlanta also loses the 3rd down battle and will struggle to get their defense off the field. Seahawks allow a league low 5.4 yards per completion and I just don't see how the Hawks are going to stop the run and keep thier defense from getting worn out by late in the game.
    Why is this game determined by the run team? This game is in a dome, it's arena football.

Matt Ryan will put the SEA D to the test. I'm thinking back to how Stafford cut up SEA, only more precise. Look back at Ryan's 2 games in SEA in '11 in '10. He did well on the road against this emerging D, I look for that trend to continue.

I agree that the running game matchups favor SEA, but Matt Ryan is an ace up the sleeve that seems to be ignored.

innovation

Well that's just it isn't it. Are the books suckering people like me? In that case Atlanta backers should take Atlanta alternate lines. They have a very talented receiving core and Bryant looked more composed this year. The books know Seahawks travel distance and early start time as well as they know all about the weaker passing teams Seahawks have faced this year. So if Atlanta backers are right and Bryant is going to exploit this defense. I would think the value would be in pushing the line up to say -5 or -6 and get a nice reward on your investment.
    Odd however this dome game with such passing threat has one of the lowest totals of all the games this weekend and the short spread gives me the impression not to fade the hottest team in the NFL right now. Like it or not up to last week that is the Rookie QB driven Seahawks.

Good question and my opinion is just that.
    Last edited by innovation; 01-09-13 at 09:22 PM.

slacker00

I'm not sure what you mean about the totals. GB-SF is 45, BAL-DEN is 46, SEA-ATL is 46, Hou-NE is 47 1/2.

But I'm thinking about parlaying ATL and over, the higher the score the more I like ATL and vice versa.

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Bryant? You mean Julio Jones or Roddy White or are you talking about Matt Bryant the kicker? WTF

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardfister View Post
    Bryant? You mean Julio Jones or Roddy White or are you talking about Matt Bryant the kicker? WTF
    I think he means Matt Ryan. But I'm also confused about most of what he wrote there.

innovation

Grammar police

Bash away lads.

The thread said "my take"

At least I am not one of the millions parlaying NE/Denver. Real genius thinking of that combo.

I went 3-1 +7.06 units last night and yes that's real money. Nobody wins every bet but I make sure the reward is great and I think outside the box.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

I like seattle ats and ml
    Denver ats
    Hous Ats Ne ml
    Sf ats and ml

Good Luck Go SEAHAWKS

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    I like seattle ats and ml
    Denver ats
    Hous Ats Ne ml
    Sf ats and ml

Good Luck Go SEAHAWKS
    Ahh, neat, going for the middle in the Hou-NE game, eh? I used to go for middles, but now I just pick the best one and go with it, so I'm not betting against myself and paying double juice. But, gl with it, nothing wrong with it if it hits.