tshafer117
    tshafer117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Before you bet on the Ravens, Read this Story behind Joe Flacco

Joe Flacco has been on the wrong end of quarterback talks during the 2012 NFL season. These talks got me thinking, why?

Joe Flacco has been an impressive quarterback since his rookie season in Baltimore but has failed to produce a Superbowl win. Flacco, however, has brought the team to the playoffs for the last 4 seasons and has never lost his first game.

In 2008, Joe Flacco won 2 playoff games. The first game was against the Miami Dolphins in which Joe Flacco struggled tremendously. He was 9-23 with 135 yards. Flacco rushed for a touchdown but the game was won off of defense and the running game. His second win was against Tennessee where again Flacco didn't even reach the 200 yard passing mark. He only had 11 completions but did throw for his first touchdown in the playoffs in his career. The final score of that game was 13-10. In the AFC Championship game Flacco lost to the Steelers. Flacco was 13 for 30 passing with 3 interceptions and 0 touchdowns. In his 3 games to start his playoff career he failed to throw for 200 yards even once.

In 2009, Joe Flacco was right back into the playoffs with the Ravens. In his first game of the playoffs he faced off against New England and was 4 for 10 passing for 34 yards. The Ravens used the running game behind Ray Rice and McGahee to win the game. Flacco threw for 0 touchdowns and 1 interception in his first performance since his dismal 08 playoff run. Flacco went on to play the Colts in his second game of the playoffs in 09. Flacco was 20-35 passing with 189 yards. He threw 0 touchdowns and 2 interceptions and they failed to score a touchdown as an offense. The Ravens would lose to the Colts 20-3.

In 2010, Joe Flacco again made the playoffs. He was proving he could get there. In the first game of the playoffs he squared off against Kansas City. Flacco had his first productive playoff game throwing for 265 yards, 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. The Ravens had 26 first downs and were looking promising going into their second game. Flacco would get his second chance against Pittsburgh in his playoff career and he would lose again. Flacco struggled again going 16-30 with 125 yards passing. The Steelers would beat the Ravens 31-24.

In 2011, Flacco had his best regular season. He earned a bye week and looked like he might compete for a Superbowl. In the first round Flacco played against Houston. Flacco would win this game but again struggled. Flacco went 14-27 passing for 176 yards. This time Flacco threw for 2 touchdowns however without throwing an interception. Flacco was now only one game away from finally making the Superbowl. Flacco would get to play New England again who he had already beaten in the playoffs. Flacco would lose this game, however, he played one of the best playoff games of his career. Flacco finally got to 300 yards in a game in the playoffs but was only 22 for 36. New England would win 23-20 and go on to lose the Superbowl to the Giants.

Joe Flacco in 2012 looks to win a playoff game for the 5th straight season. Flacco's numbers during the playoffs have been horrible even though he has found a way to win. This season Flacco will look to change his numbers and bring the Ravens into the Superbowl. Flacco's wins in the playoffs have kept skeptics from talking about him underachieving but the numbers don't lie. Flacco has played in 9 playoff games which is great for a young guy. Only once has he thrown for 300 yards which is surprising for a guy with big numbers during the regular season.

As the Ravens defense gets older, Flacco needs to take advantage in 2012. This is the season that Flacco has a chance to do damage. Playing the Colts in the first round against a rookie opens up the door for Flacco. If he can win against the Colts they would take on New England again if Houston won there game against Cincinnati.

No matter how the playoffs turn out Flacco needs to find a way to change in the playoffs. No matter how successful he is in the regular season will mean nothing if he cannot come up with a way to make the Superbowl. So far Flacco has been inconsistent but he's been to the playoffs 4 times. 5 playoff wins isn't a bad number, Flacco needs to turn his multiple chances into multiple rings.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

wrong, they win they play Denver not NE... do you know how seeding works?

tshafer117

Yes I know how it works, somehow wrote that wrong.

qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

What is your point? In his last 3 games he has played good. Was within a drop of getting to the super bowl last year. The ravens will come out motivated and will pounce all over Luck and Company. This will be the last win I need in a four teamer and it is bound to happen. Flacco doesnt need to be exceptionally good for them to win either.

DirtyBird1500
    DirtyBird1500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Colts defense is probably the worst of any of the teams he has faced in the playoffs so far though. Both against the pass and the run, which should help open things up even more for him.

tshafer117

My point was Flacco has played in 9 playoff games and has played well in one of those games. People seem to think he has played great since he has never lost in his first game but has only thrown for 300 yards once in 9 playoff games and his turnover margin is tremendously high.

DirtyBird1500
    DirtyBird1500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Its definitely good info and worth considering when making your pick for tomorrow. But I just see the lack of defense for the Colts as a bigger factor and a reason for this trend to come to an end.

qb1789

The info is alright. I get that he has not been statistically great in the playoffs thus far. But that does not and will not matter tomorrow.

tshafer117

Yeah I think the Colts defense is worse than any team he has ever played in the playoffs in his career. Just was surprised on how bad his numbers were in the playoffs since his record was really good. Sometimes wins don't show the true stats. His completion percentage in his 9 games has to be one of the worst I've ever seen. Also since he has so many 300 yard games in his career and in the regular season I was surprised that he only has had one game over 300 out of the 9 in his playoff career. Pretty good info when making a bet.

tshafer117

Not saying the info will matter tomorrow just wanted to give everyone an idea on how he has played in the playoffs plus I'm writing my own blog now thought I would share some info that I found

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

If the games were played on paper we would all be millionaires. Sure the Ravens should win but sometimes things can happen to teams that are "supposed to dominate." Playoff history is littered with the "corpses" of teams that were supposed to be superior. The Colts have found a way to win this year. They have some intangibles that you can't discount. This team really rallied around the situation of Coach Pagano and sometimes the extra emotion can do wonders. I will not be shocked if Ravens lay an egg at home tomorrow. You can't totally count on Andrew Luck falling to pieces. This Colt team can be dangerous if they get any breaks at all.

tshafer117

I completely agree, I picked Indy ML for my bet tomorrow. Good Luck

qb1789

Quote Originally Posted by tshafer117 View Post
    I completely agree, I picked Indy ML for my bet tomorrow. Good Luck
    Your out of your mind. Throwing money away.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Joe Flacco has been on the wrong end of quarterback talks during the 2012 NFL season. These talks got me thinking, why?

Joe Flacco has been an impressive quarterback since his rookie season in Baltimore but has failed to produce a Superbowl win. Flacco, however, has brought the team to the playoffs for the last 4 seasons and has never lost his first game.

In 2008, Joe Flacco won 2 playoff games. The first game was against the Miami Dolphins in which Joe Flacco struggled tremendously. He was 9-23 with 135 yards. Flacco rushed for a touchdown but the game was won off of defense and the running game. His second win was against Tennessee where again Flacco didn't even reach the 200 yard passing mark. He only had 11 completions but did throw for his first touchdown in the playoffs in his career. The final score of that game was 13-10. In the AFC Championship game Flacco lost to the Steelers. Flacco was 13 for 30 passing with 3 interceptions and 0 touchdowns. In his 3 games to start his playoff career he failed to throw for 200 yards even once.

In 2009, Joe Flacco was right back into the playoffs with the Ravens. In his first game of the playoffs he faced off against New England and was 4 for 10 passing for 34 yards. The Ravens used the running game behind Ray Rice and McGahee to win the game. Flacco threw for 0 touchdowns and 1 interception in his first performance since his dismal 08 playoff run. Flacco went on to play the Colts in his second game of the playoffs in 09. Flacco was 20-35 passing with 189 yards. He threw 0 touchdowns and 2 interceptions and they failed to score a touchdown as an offense. The Ravens would lose to the Colts 20-3.

In 2010, Joe Flacco again made the playoffs. He was proving he could get there. In the first game of the playoffs he squared off against Kansas City. Flacco had his first productive playoff game throwing for 265 yards, 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. The Ravens had 26 first downs and were looking promising going into their second game. Flacco would get his second chance against Pittsburgh in his playoff career and he would lose again. Flacco struggled again going 16-30 with 125 yards passing. The Steelers would beat the Ravens 31-24.

In 2011, Flacco had his best regular season. He earned a bye week and looked like he might compete for a Superbowl. In the first round Flacco played against Houston. Flacco would win this game but again struggled. Flacco went 14-27 passing for 176 yards. This time Flacco threw for 2 touchdowns however without throwing an interception. Flacco was now only one game away from finally making the Superbowl. Flacco would get to play New England again who he had already beaten in the playoffs. Flacco would lose this game, however, he played one of the best playoff games of his career. Flacco finally got to 300 yards in a game in the playoffs but was only 22 for 36. New England would win 23-20 and go on to lose the Superbowl to the Giants.

Joe Flacco in 2012 looks to win a playoff game for the 5th straight season. Flacco's numbers during the playoffs have been horrible even though he has found a way to win. This season Flacco will look to change his numbers and bring the Ravens into the Superbowl. Flacco's wins in the playoffs have kept skeptics from talking about him underachieving but the numbers don't lie. Flacco has played in 9 playoff games which is great for a young guy. Only once has he thrown for 300 yards which is surprising for a guy with big numbers during the regular season.

As the Ravens defense gets older, Flacco needs to take advantage in 2012. This is the season that Flacco has a chance to do damage. Playing the Colts in the first round against a rookie opens up the door for Flacco. If he can win against the Colts they would take on New England again if Houston won there game against Cincinnati.

No matter how the playoffs turn out Flacco needs to find a way to change in the playoffs. No matter how successful he is in the regular season will mean nothing if he cannot come up with a way to make the Superbowl. So far Flacco has been inconsistent but he's been to the playoffs 4 times. 5 playoff wins isn't a bad number, Flacco needs to turn his multiple chances into multiple rings.
    What site did you copy/paste the info from?

tshafer117

I didn't copy and paste it I wrote it. NFLplayoffs2013.blogspot.com is my blog.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

I didn't copy and paste it I wrote it. NFLplayoffs2013.blogspot.com is my blog.
    Interesting. How come it's in Helvetica Neue Light/10... a font that isn't even an option on this wite, while your replies are all in Arial/9?

tshafer117

I don't know I copied and pasted it straight from my blog and that's how it came out?

stucker78
    stucker78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 666

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post
    Interesting. How come it's in Helvetica Neue Light/10... a font that isn't even an option on this wite, while your replies are all in Arial/9?
    You Tell Him!! Helvetica Neue Light/10 Sucks!! --- Ariel Rounded MT Bold 12 is the only “smart” option!!

brewersMKE
    brewersMKE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

WHO GIVE A FUK ABOUT FONT AND SIZE, were talking football here, aswell as who cares if this guy took it from his blog or someone else's the information is acurate take it as you please. DAMN!!!! Ravens all day!!! BOL
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: chabooky386

qb1789

The info was fine but did not mean anything for this game as I tried to tell him.