lid73
    lid73's Avatar Become A Pro!

Week 12 plays and discussion

Nice week 11 going 3-1. Brings my total to 36-33-3. Apparently 3s are wild. I have the last two games of a teaser tonight with Jags +3.5 and O30.5, so I will be making two small bets on NYG +4, and U39 to try to middle it. No real action on tonight's game. These are not "official" plays for the record, as they were unposted.

Right now, I am definitely betting the following for next week:

NO +3 ATL - This is a play on NO because I just feel that they are the better team. I know ATL will have the revenge factor, but Brees has been playing really well of late. NO lost this week due to turnovers, and I feel they will do a much better job of protecting the football next week. Also, Vick has not had success against NO. He can still run like hell, but he can not become a pocket passer, which NO can limit him to. NO has the speed and discipline on defense to keep Vick in check. That being said, this is also a huge rivalry, and ATL should be pissed about getting worked on national TV.

Other games I am considering, but have not made up my mind on:

SF +6 STL - SF is coming off an apparently impressive win. Seattle played like ass. SF plays excellent at home, and not so great on the road. STL should be getting desparate to win at this point, especially after the Panthers thumped them this week. I think this is a good spot for STL.

Mia -3 DET - If I were at all superstitious, I wouldn't bet against Detroit on Thanksgiving. But, I am not. Miami has played solid football. Detroit has no fire. They could'nt even take care of business in Arizona. I think Miami defense has the dogs to shut down Detroit completely.

Car -4 Was - Wow, I am a little surprised this line did not open at 7. Carolina handed the Rams their ass this weekend, and is only favored by 4? I guess the 3 point home field is in play here. Anyway, the Panther D should be WAY too tough for Washington to handle. Washington is decimated on defense, and I can't see them hanging with the Panthers here.

lid73

Have decided to add all three of the other games. Locked in Mia -3, and STL -6 at plus money. Waiting on the NO line to move a little. Carolina I got at -109, but should be had for a better price now.

RyanLappell
    RyanLappell's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lid73
    Nice week 11 going 3-1. Brings my total to 36-33-3. Apparently 3s are wild. I have the last two games of a teaser tonight with Jags +3.5 and O30.5, so I will be making two small bets on NYG +4, and U39 to try to middle it. No real action on tonight's game. These are not "official" plays for the record, as they were unposted.

Right now, I am definitely betting the following for next week:

NO +3 ATL - This is a play on NO because I just feel that they are the better team. I know ATL will have the revenge factor, but Brees has been playing really well of late. NO lost this week due to turnovers, and I feel they will do a much better job of protecting the football next week. Also, Vick has not had success against NO. He can still run like hell, but he can not become a pocket passer, which NO can limit him to. NO has the speed and discipline on defense to keep Vick in check. That being said, this is also a huge rivalry, and ATL should be pissed about getting worked on national TV.

Other games I am considering, but have not made up my mind on:

SF +6 STL - SF is coming off an apparently impressive win. Seattle played like ass. SF plays excellent at home, and not so great on the road. STL should be getting desparate to win at this point, especially after the Panthers thumped them this week. I think this is a good spot for STL.

Mia -3 DET - If I were at all superstitious, I wouldn't bet against Detroit on Thanksgiving. But, I am not. Miami has played solid football. Detroit has no fire. They could'nt even take care of business in Arizona. I think Miami defense has the dogs to shut down Detroit completely.

Car -4 Was - Wow, I am a little surprised this line did not open at 7. Carolina handed the Rams their ass this weekend, and is only favored by 4? I guess the 3 point home field is in play here. Anyway, the Panther D should be WAY too tough for Washington to handle. Washington is decimated on defense, and I can't see them hanging with the Panthers here.
    I like those plays and might copy you.

I'm slightly concerned about NO, though. I was told they were a lock on Sunday so I stuck them in a parlay with 7 other teams. The other 7 hit, but NO let me down and I was quite a bit annoyed. I'm willing to give them another chance, because I've had a soft spot for the Saints about Katrina, but if they let me down again...

The SF/STL game has me a bit worried too, since both teams actually suck quite a bit. The 49er's, though, have gotten lucky a bit too often for my comfort, so I might hold off and get a few more opinions before I lock in my bets for STL. Any other opinions on putting green on STL on Thanksgiving?

The other plays, though, I'm quite happy with.

lid73

I think the key in STL is going to be Frank Gore. If the Rams can keep him in check, they will do just fine. Bulger has played well, but they need their running game to improve. Bulger has only thrown 2 picks this year, and I think both were to the same guy. STL plays fairly mistake free, and does not give the ball away on interceptions. I think the Rams at home will score too many points for the niners. the Niners' defense looks completely schizophrenic at home vs. away. By the way, the SF/STL game is on Sunday, not Thursday.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14497

I'm with you on STL . . .

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

This weeks theme is teams trying to keep pace in the race for the playoffs, so I'm leaning towards:

Cincinnati -3
    New England -3
    San Diego -13

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14497

Quote Originally Posted by RageWizard
    This weeks theme is teams trying to keep pace in the race for the playoffs, so I'm leaning towards:

Cincinnati -3
    New England -3
    San Diego -13
    slightly 'lesser' teams are starting to eye up wc spots as well.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also like Carolina as well but I just watched the game from sunday and even though they won and shut out St. Louis, it looked very unstable to me. If Washington comes up with some defense I think they could be a spoiler in this one.