McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

The Official Eat Crow - "I Bet on Indy" thread

It was going to be a MASSIVE day. The moons alligned and everything went to gameplan. It all came down to Indy losing by NO MORE THAN 6 (Yeah, I could've bought that extra 1/2 point in the teaser - I push, oh well).

Welp, I had Indy +1, +7 and +11 in many various bets that were perfect.... Until Dallas just flat out won.
    Respect to everyone on Dallas. I have to admit, they got sick pressure on Manning and that was the difference. They got a lot of good bounces and good calls/non-calls, but in the end - they flat out won. That's all that matters.

I will officially eat crow for betting Indy, showing no faith in Dallas and being critical of the pressure they get on the QB. Bill got that team ready to play... And they sure as hell did.

I really didn't think Dallas had a chance and damn I blew it. Thank god for the +10 point 3 team teasers, they bailed my arse out today.

So anyhow, score one for the sharps. They were ALL on Dallas. So now us squares are 1-1 with Indy in a HUGE game.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

At least you can admit it. Its the idiot sqaures that say Colts are easy money that really irk me. Peyton threw for 254 yards I believe and that is why they lost. As poor as their run game is, Peyton needs to have 300+ days passing for them to win. Props to Dallas, but beware of the letdown spot next week for the Boys.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with your comments AustinTx05. Manning can't do it all himself ya know, as todays preformence clearly showed.

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6773

Put the big "L" on my forehead. While you're at it, give me a double L for being influenced by those who I thought could predict the outcome of this game better than I could.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I got so much shiit on other forums from people that thought I was crazy for betting the Cowboys..

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i had the big D

but i was due for a win

I have had my share of crow this month
    Last edited by goldengoat; 11-19-06 at 08:12 PM.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

heh - to be honest, the colts are the difference between eating off the $1 menu at McD's and eating a proper meal for me.
    I usually go HEAVY on them on the moneyline. I didn't this week... I broke even after they screwed me.

I did get SD right last year - but Dallas this year absolutely devastated me. I still am in disbelief... But that's how it goes sometimes. You WANT to ride a pony that's paying you off on the ML EVERY week and eventually you get burned. Chicago losing to Miami and Dallas beating Indy this year, by FAR, have made my ability to do this for a living TOUGH.

No biggy, it ain't the first time and certainly ain't the last. I just have to stop betting close decisions and get it in when it's easy. I have to admit - NE over GB today was kind to me.

However, I still am in shock that Dallas beat Indy.
    When I go over the tape, I'll be even more shocked. That Indy team is horrible on the D side - but damn, how many picks can you drop?? How many first down catches can you drop?? It doesn't matter now - but it was a damn good game. Dallas looks like they are on the fast track to taking the East now that the NYG are more or less done due to injury.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to admit taking the colts because of their past ATS record in previous simular situations, I should have listen to just about everybody who said that dallas would cover.

I still say that Vanderjackoff sucks and I can count on him to miss a big field goal kick in pressure situations. He is the "Anticlutch".