sharper2
    sharper2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6817

Ravens line

The ravens line opened at +3.5, crossed over the+3 mark eventually and then went to +2.5 which means lots of money came in on the ravens, not sure if it's sharp or square. Now the lines +1 at pinnacle while other books are holding on to +3 and +2.5, what the hell is going on with this game?

Do either team have much to play for? I'm pretty sure if the ravens won they would go no where unless the pats lost to miami which isnt very likely considering new england is trying to get a top seed so they can get a bye for the first week of playoffs.

tep
    tep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

I have been doing a bit of research on this game since I am using it in a pool. The line is down 2.5 or so because of early sharp money. I read that the MGM Grand received limit bets on Balt as soon as it came out. I also heard other odd makers say Balt is getting sharp money as low as +3. I also read one say that the public is staying away from this game and it is basically only sharp on Balt. Rumors and innuendos. I don't think the NE angle has any legs because the help that NE needs will be the early games. If and most likely the early games don't go NE way they may sit everyone. Their game is at 4. This is one reason the line and total for that game has come down some. Balt wins they play Cinn again if they lose they play Indy I believe. I think Balt will want to play Cinn and Dalton rather than Indy and Luck.

tep
    tep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Forgot The pinnacle line is +1 with heavy juice

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by tep View Post
    I have been doing a bit of research on this game since I am using it in a pool. The line is down 2.5 or so because of early sharp money. I read that the MGM Grand received limit bets on Balt as soon as it came out. I also heard other odd makers say Balt is getting sharp money as low as +3. I also read one say that the public is staying away from this game and it is basically only sharp on Balt. Rumors and innuendos. I don't think the NE angle has any legs because the help that NE needs will be the early games. If and most likely the early games don't go NE way they may sit everyone. Their game is at 4. This is one reason the line and total for that game has come down some. Balt wins they play Cinn again if they lose they play Indy I believe. I think Balt will want to play Cinn and Dalton rather than Indy and Luck.
    The number 4 seed is much better than the 3 seed unless Houstion loses. So are you saying if Baltimore wins and New England loses it would be Baltimore the number 3 seed? If this is the case and the Ravens and Texans win the Pats should play to lose.