innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Sportscenter just implanted the seed to bet on Washington.

The seed: Cowboys record in week 17 2-10 Since 2000

While I can't say the Cowboys don't deserve it. This should be plenty of motivation.

Its very obvious the powers to be each week implant little thoughts into the general public's head to help them lean one way or another.

Perfect example was the nonsense during Nuggets/Clippers game where the announcer spent some time making everyone aware of how late the Nuggets would be getting back to Denver and that LA would already be waiting. Not that any person with half a brain couldn't figure this out on their own. However they said nothing of Denver's ability to run. Denver at home ranks #1 in fast break points while Lakers rank last in the League in allowing Fast break points.

My point is the Dallas Cowboys are getting ranked lower than any NFC playoff contenders. Even the Giants are being ranked ahead of Cowboys.

While I do enjoy RG3 and the excitement he brings to the field. I do think that the secondary of Washington is garbage.

Every team in the league realizes this and that's why Washington ranks dead last in opponents passing attempts per game at 39.
    Washington also allows opponents a 65.62 first down pass completion percentage. They rank 30th in allowing passing touchdowns per game at a average of 2 per game.

Long story short the pass defense is atrocious.

While we all remember how terrible Romo can be especially in crunch time. He has become quite a bit more consistent as of late.

If Joe Flacco can go on the road to Washington and light up that defense and almost get a win then I don't see why Romo with a much more talented receiving core can't do better.

Dallas is ranked #3 in passing yards per game. Advantage Dallas.
    Romo is ranked #3 in gross pass yards Flacco was #11
    Romo is Ranked #6 in pass completion percentage Flacco #20
    Romo is ranked #2 in completions at 405 Flacco #13

I think you get my drift here. While we can all say we don't trust Romo and the past definitely can back that up.

This is the present and Romo should easily put up some gaudy numbers and win relatively easily especially with a Demarco Murray mixing it up.

My fear is in the coaching and ownership but I do believe this is Romo's time to shine and get into the post season from there on......who knows.

btw One of the few teams Dallas did beat in week #17 was the Redskins.

Dallas wins SU and the wrong team is favored.
    Last edited by innovation; 12-28-12 at 09:13 AM.

mnwild11
    mnwild11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4005

great write up

innovation

Love how the media is slandering Romo and the boys.

while Romo is 1-5 in win or go home games.

give me Witten, Austin, Bryant , and Ogletree.

Romo is going to have a field day vs washingtons secondary.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

Agree on all points, but Dallas has a similarly bad pass defense, 25th in the league in YPP passing. Washington's is 27th, but they are better than Dallas both passing and rushing, and have a better run D. How does Dallas stop Morris/Griffin?

innovation

You are correct they may not stop them. However Dallas is ranked #8 in rushing first downs allowed at 5 per game. The last 3 weeks this band aide defense allowed 3.7 or 15% rushing first downs. Granted that could be more because of a shootout than anything. They also have a slight edge in red zone % allowed and average .6 less offensive touchdowns per game than skins. My hope is the Cowboys bend but don't break.

The odds are -180 that the Cowboys will go 2-11 instead of 3-10 in week 17 since 2000 and the same odds that Romo will be 1-6 instead of 2-5 in do or die games. Doesn't seem to be very stiff to me for the law of averages and I am gambling against that.

Especially when a team (even as popular as the Cowboys) is being undersold by the talking heads of the media.

Parity in the NFL. Even Romo has to catch a break sometimes. Ware, Witten, Romo are all aging it could be now or never.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

What makes you think this game will have a different outcome than last month's game in Dallas????

Why did Dallas struggle to score then?

innovation

Thanksgiving day ==== $$$$$ on the boys. I had skins only because line was low for the way Dallas dominates on Turkey day.

If you want to include past history then figure this in. Since 1961 these two divisional teams have met twice every year except one. In all that time there have been 20 sweeps (one team won both games) in one year.
    The redskins have swept Dallas 4 times in 50 years.

While I can't say now isn't a great opportunity for RG3 to do it. I'll take my chances.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Does anyone agree that the over is probably the play.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

OVER, P'nP said.

Pick'nParlays

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    OVER, P'nP said.
    Lets get it

Glad you're on it HTX

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Interesting. I liked your post, then did some of my research and have Washington as CLEARLY the winner of this game according to my analysis. RG3 is back, even if he wasn't, Cousins looked great! Wash is +14 in the turnover ratio while Dallas is -10. So far, the only mistake I've seen RG3 make is not sliding when in a rushing situation. I think this line should be 6.5 instead of 3.5. Good value to parlay the ML as well.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

all of sudden everyone trusts Romo on the road to win a meaningful game I can't wait to bump this thread after skins whoop that a$$

Pick'nParlays

Quote Originally Posted by ClimbSomeRocks View Post
    Interesting. I liked your post, then did some of my research and have Washington as CLEARLY the winner of this game according to my analysis. RG3 is back, even if he wasn't, Cousins looked great! Wash is +14 in the turnover ratio while Dallas is -10. So far, the only mistake I've seen RG3 make is not sliding when in a rushing situation. I think this line should be 6.5 instead of 3.5. Good value to parlay the ML as well.
    Dude liked the over?