SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Disturbing reports in the Josh Bent accident

One of them is lying, and either way, its really disturbing.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2012...gged-him.html/

A witness to the aftermath of Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent’s car crash has come forward and says she had to beg Brent to rescue his teammate and friend Jerry Brown.
    Brown was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Brent is now facing charges of intoxicated manslaughter.
    “Jerry was alive. He was hurt. He was calling out and his own friend walked away,” she recalled in a phone call on Monday.
    Josh Brent

Brent’s attorney, George Milner, refutes her account.
    “That is absolutely false,” Milner said in an interview on Monday afternoon. “That’s not even consistent with what the police said when they came up on the scene. What I’ve been told is that Jerry Brown was never conscious after the accident. She’s a nut and she better be careful with this one.”
    The witness, who lives in Irving, was driving home from her birthday party on early Saturday morning when she saw Brent’s 2007 Mercedes upside-down and starting to catch fire near State Highway 114 and Loop 12. She pulled over her car and got out to help Brent, a man who she didn’t recognize. And what she saw haunts her, she said.
    “I jumped out and ran out toward the wreck and Josh Brent was standing to the side in the grass,” she said. “And I yelled to him, ‘Are you ok? Are you ok?’ And he told me he was fine. I was relieved because I thought it’s just a single car accident, nobody’s hurt. And then fire sparked up from the car and got bigger and I started to hear screams.”
    As the fire grew, she says she begged Brent to help the car’s passenger. She shouted to him from the left lane, as he stood on the right lane. The damaged, burning car was between them.
    “He looked at me and said, ‘He won’t get out of the car.’ And I said, ‘Get him out of the car. You have to save him.’”
    She says she continued to plead with Brent, but he wouldn’t listen. She ran to her car to get her phone, so she could call 911. When she returned to the scene of the crash, Brown was lying in the middle of the far right lane and Brent had walked away.
    “He did nothing,” she said. “He didn’t say come on, hang in there, hold his hand. That’s what upsets me the most at this point. He abandoned him.”
    She said that Brent was likely in shock following the accident, but said she found his actions to be disturbing. “I’m sure he was because he is human,” she said. “He may have been in shock, but he was very coherent at the time.”
    She said she was about 20 to 30 feet from Brown and could not get closer because the car was ablaze and she feared it might explode. He seemed to move his head and arms, but did not respond once emergency responders arrived.
    “It was like something out of the worst horror movie you can imagine,” she said. “I knew he was dying and there was nothing I could do.”

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

wow seriously fukked up if thats true

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Hopefully its not true. Will be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

it sounds made up

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Doubt it. He will have his day in court.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

weird

not sure why she would make up a story like that

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Am I the only one who reads BROWN WAS LYING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RIGHT LANE, while she is claiming he was screaming out from inside the car and that Brent didn't want to get him out? So he magically made it out of the car. Drama queen bitch. Guy is absolutely a fukkhole, but so is this bitch apparently.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    it sounds made up
    Could be, people always looking for 15 minutes of fame.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

I doubt her story Jerry was his close boy and how else did he get out of the car if it wasn't for Brent. The poor guy has to deal with causing his fiends death, ruining his career, and now people saying he's a coward and asshole for not helping Jerry out. Brent needs all the support he can, hopefully this won't haunt him to do something stupid to himself.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Am I the only one who reads BROWN WAS LYING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RIGHT LANE, while she is claiming he was screaming out from inside the car and that Brent didn't want to get him out? So he magically made it out of the car. Drama queen bitch. Guy is absolutely a fukkhole, but so is this bitch apparently.
    I do not believe her story. I think if she is lying, its really fukked up, but I believe she is implying that he did eventually pull him out of the car.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    weird

not sure why she would make up a story like that
    Ya, strange.
    As a former first responder, you see weird action or in action at accident scenes.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    she went to her car to get on her phone and then when she came back the guy was in the road, no reason for her to make all this up, likely Brent moved Brown to the road when she went for the phone

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

If he way laying in the road how was he in the car? Can't be 2 places at once if she said his buddy didn't help him. Which one was it? That should settle the argument right?

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Breaking news she was the one driving, now let Brent play again. He will be playing for himself and Jerry now.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    she went to her car to get on her phone and then when she came back the guy was in the road, no reason for her to make all this up, likely Brent moved Brown to the road when she went for the phone
    yeah because a broad has never made a wild accusation about a pro athlete before

EaglesPhan36

I also like how she says he was very coherent. Sounds like a bitch who wants to be involved in the trial so she can make a buck.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fourth hand account of nobodies business.

Typical.

southpaw74

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    yeah because a broad has never made a wild accusation about a pro athlete before
    If she just rolled up I wouldn't think she knew who he was. It's not like he's jordan or Lebron that are more recognizable.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

She must think she can make money off this some how

I beleive the medical examiner when they say he was never concusious over some lady coming home from a birthday party at what time in the morning again? She wasn't intoxicated? Did she drive away before the police got there? How come the police didn't have this statement? Come on now how could anyone say these things I can't imagine what Brent is going thru knowing he killed his best friend that shit is unimaginable and I wish it upon no one.

EaglesPhan36

The interview of this bitch is from a phone call Monday from the newspaper. She has had plenty of time to realize who it was and what she can gain out of this. This isn't like her actual reaction straight after the wreck ...

olemissbydamn
    olemissbydamn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe I misread all of this but couldn't we just find out if the passenger sustained heavy burns from being left in the car versus being pulled out and suffering less serious burns? Forgive me if I read it wrong, but that was my first thought.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

As terrible as this situation is.....I can't help but feel bad for Josh Brent.

God only knows how many times back in the day I drove me and my buddies home when I had no business doing so. I shudder to think how easily this could've been me in this situation.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional, and Ron29301

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by olemissbydamn View Post
    Maybe I misread all of this but couldn't we just find out if the passenger sustained heavy burns from being left in the car versus being pulled out and suffering less serious burns? Forgive me if I read it wrong, but that was my first thought.
    This won't even make ESPN as everyone knows how much bullshit it is its pathetic that someone is trying to bash someone going thru this like Opie just said everyone has done this before

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    She must think she can make money off this some how

I beleive the medical examiner when they say he was never concusious over some lady coming home from a birthday party at what time in the morning again? She wasn't intoxicated? Did she drive away before the police got there? How come the police didn't have this statement? Come on now how could anyone say these things I can't imagine what Brent is going thru knowing he killed his best friend that shit is unimaginable and I wish it upon no one.
    MINNY

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    MINNY

and how did he get out of car?

musta been pulled clear

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw74 View Post
    If she just rolled up I wouldn't think she knew who he was. It's not like he's jordan or Lebron that are more recognizable.
    something about a 25 year old 350 lb black guy driving a benz probably tipped her off

and the story says she's come forward, i.e. apparently this thing has developed before she said shit

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Nice try Ben Roethlisberger.

EaglesPhan36

Doesn't say police asked her to come forward or that she has even talked to police .... she chose to talk TO A NEWSPAPER first. Smells absolutely dirty to me. It's not likely going to matter in the end unless she recants later so Brent can sue her ass. Otherwise, there's not going to be any evidence to prove or disprove what she says, so not sure what her point is for all of this other than getting some notoriety in the media.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

That bitch that is saying that shit should go to jail for 50 years

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Sounds like she's making it up. According to the first police that arrived on the scene, Brent was dragging Brown from the car. She also said that she was 20-30 feet from the car because it was "ablaze" and feared it would explode. The police spokesman said there was a fire, not a large fire nor was it engulfed and that the police officers themselves put out the fire. Doesn't sound "ablaze" when a cop with a portable fire extinguisher put it out. She certainly doesn't sound credible.

Here's the news video. At about 2:20 is where the police spokesman describes what happened and what they saw when they arrived at the scene

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/video?clipId...autoStart=true

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Fukk that loser

EaglesPhan36

I hope Brent's attorney lets this bitch get up on a witness stand and perjure herself.

southpaw74

How do these idiots crash with no other cars around? There weren't even trees to hit. Just an open hill and a Mercedes that are about as solid and safe a vehicle as you can have. Sad story...he'll have to live with killing his friend for no reason.

EaglesPhan36

Curb man. My girl flipped her car over on a residential street going UNDER 30 because she popped off a curb. Easily possible.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Here's news video of the woman telling her story and what she saw

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...ry-brown.html/

I find it interesting in the video, she says another woman had gotten out of another car and told her that she had already called 911, when she arrived on the scene. In the article it states she ran to her car to get her cell to call 911.

It was also reported that the police have told her to stop discussing the case and her Facebook posts about the accident have been removed.

12 Last