Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

Niners will stomp St. Louis next Sunday

Wow - that -6.5 is too good to be true. What am I missing?

The Niners defense got embarrassed by St. Louis when they tied a few weeks ago. They're going to have a major chip on their shoulder. Worst defensive game by a Harbaugh Niners team.

At stake? Niners hanging on in the race for NFC championship home field advantage against Atlanta, who plays New Orleans on Thursday. Whether Atlanta wins or loses, the Niners have to win to keep pace, and you know that's what Harbaugh has on his mind.

They will figure out a way to shut Amendola down (he killed them last time). They will figure out a way to rattle Bradford's cage this time around. They will bottle up Stephen Jackson.

When I look into the crystal ball, I see local news guys showing highlights of Bowman and Willis all day, and see a potential goose egg or 3, 6 or 10 point outing from St. Louis.

My only concern is the Niners offense continuing to roll at the present pace. It feels like Kaepernick could be due for a mistake or two and a general stinker, and if that happened here, it's the only way I see this thing staying close.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

kaepernick will be just fine against rams d, his speed is to much so even if they get pressure he will break contain and davis will murder lambs in the middle of the field (think the rg3 vs stl gm)..i agree sf will light rams up,,over prob low and it will more than likely go over....

Dirty Bay Player

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    kaepernick will be just fine against rams d, his speed is to much so even if they get pressure he will break contain and davis will murder lambs in the middle of the field (think the rg3 vs stl gm)..i agree sf will light rams up,,over prob low and it will more than likely go over....
    This is one of those lines that just sticks out as absurd - it's too good to be true. There has to be some sort of hidden angle.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

NE as well...take my chances with them vs Miami....

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1860

The same line as a few weeks ago against the Rams.

tripled83
    tripled83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

Rams suck, they are built like most teams to win the division. And that's all they are good for, division games, they are undefeated in the division at 3-0-1. Take St. Louis and the points, there is a reason 9ers d didn't play well last time and they won't this time either.

Dirty Bay Player

Quote Originally Posted by tripled83 View Post
    Rams suck, they are built like most teams to win the division. And that's all they are good for, division games, they are undefeated in the division at 3-0-1. Take St. Louis and the points, there is a reason 9ers d didn't play well last time and they won't this time either.
    Based on what, exactly, is your point that the 9ers d won't play well? I'd argue that last St. Louis game was the fluke. What's more likely - that St. Louis runs all over the niners again, or that they get completely stuffed? Sure seems like the odds favor the latter.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bay Player View Post
    This is one of those lines that just sticks out as absurd - it's too good to be true. There has to be some sort of hidden angle.
    A bad line really? They are laying 7 on the road against a team they just tied with a few weeks ago and a Ram team that just had an impressive win, granted it was against the worst current team in the NFL. What do you want the line to be -10.5? They were only favored by 12 or so at home against the Rams. You probably do have the right side though but theres no way I will be betting them as the Rams defense is so much better than the Saints and there is now 2 full games of Kapernick to study tape.

15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

Kap looked sensational in last 2 games, if he continues on the same path look out Rams. Also based on recent performance he appears to throw the ball on a par with Griffin & Luck. As a dual threat though not as fast as Griffin he's more swivel-hipped and elusive, with Luck in this respect not even in the conversation.

Kap makes SF a likely Superbowl team!

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Feel bad for Alex but yeah I dig SF defense and running game and Kaps plays with some excitement, etc

Dirty Bay Player

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    A bad line really? They are laying 7 on the road against a team they just tied with a few weeks ago and a Ram team that just had an impressive win, granted it was against the worst current team in the NFL. What do you want the line to be -10.5? They were only favored by 12 or so at home against the Rams. You probably do have the right side though but theres no way I will be betting them as the Rams defense is so much better than the Saints and there is now 2 full games of Kapernick to study tape.
    I already made a huge bet on SF, and I'm not trying to convince anyone. But yeah, it does seem like a bad line. I'm a moderate homer, but I've watched every niners game and consider that previous St. Louis game to be a total anomaly. The defense was awful - gave up tons of big plays and created no pressure on Bradford. That won't happen again.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1860

Great Call.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK you Frisco!!!! Rams offense does not produce shit all day then with a min left you let them march dowen and tie. Have these fukkin clowns -1.5 teased with Pats

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Frisco gets an early 7 then goes limp on offense rest of game. Someone give these guys a blue pill so they can win this fukker in o.t.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Don't have game on so could somebody explain to me what these fools are doing?? Going for it on 4th instead of kicking a 50 yarder in a godd*mn dome?!?!?!

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Look what happened 3 plays ago, Akers missed a 51 yarder that would have won it in overtime. I think that is what was on Harbaugh's mind.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

My bet is toast thanks for the info samda. Fukk off Akers and fukk you Harbaugh for not having faith to give the guy a 2nd chance!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Glad they lost that is justice for crapping the bed. Was gonna say hope their plane goes down but that's a bit harsh haha!

double
    double's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 263

Maybe the arrogant penetrate Harbaugh will admit his penetrate up on benching Smith?