oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

Leftwich is NOT a good backup!!

I need to stop reading this in every thread about the pitt/bal game. Hes inaccurate in passes of every distance. Hes barely played in 3 years. HE was terrible on monday night and was praying to god that Crennel would receive in OT, so he wouldn't have to go out and embarrass himself further.

But most importantly, hes slow, both in his release and with his mobility. Unlike the unbelievable poise and elusiveness Big Ben demonstrates on third downs, Big Byron will be demonstrating how to have your helmet driven into the turf. Leftwich will not be converting on 50% of third downs (1st in the League and the saving grace of this offense). Balt will stack it up against the run on 1st and 2nd downs. Pitt will have to have a radically different playbook/gameplan from Haley to get this guy to move the ball.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would have been nice to get Baltimore +4 in this game

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

-- to add. I bet baltimore at +140 during the KC/Pitt game when it looked like Big Ben Might be seriously injured. I still see value in baltimore as ML favs, tho would not touch them at -3 or -3.5.. not saying this game is gonna be a blowout, just that leftwich disables that offense enough that they lose a tight game.
    The best value left of the board is Baltimore to win the division, which can still be found on some of the european books at -120 or better.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by oddtodd View Post
    -- to add. I bet baltimore at +140 during the KC/Pitt game when it looked like Big Ben Might be seriously injured. I still see value in baltimore as ML favs, tho would not touch them at -3 or -3.5.. not saying this game is gonna be a blowout, just that leftwich disables that offense enough that they lose a tight game.
    The best value left of the board is Baltimore to win the division, which can still be found on some of the european books at -120 or better.
    lets say balty wins this gm, they go up 2 in div but still have another gm with pit, you can almost pencil them in for a loss @ sd if they win this gm and id imagine even if rapeburger out next week they find way to beat brownies in a ugly gm,,,really depends if big ben up and running by next meeting,,all assuming balt wins this week which we agree wont be easy... schedule wise depending on health of ben and brown who is his 3rd down go to guy i dont think it a huge stretch to say they could drop this gm and still catch ravens (no idea what or where tiebreaker is/stands as obviously in this scenario they be tied head to head)....