rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

Mixed league parlay = winning tonight

Limited action in each league tonight.. Why not mix it up for some added value!

4 play parlay

KC/SD(OV35.5)
    Virginia Tech -1.5
    OKC Thunder +2.5
    SD-4.5 (First Half)
    @+830
    x$100

vinhxnguyenx
    vinhxnguyenx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by rainman416 View Post
    Limited action in each league tonight.. Why not mix it up for some added value!

4 play parlay

KC/SD(OV35.5)
    Virginia Tech -1.5
    OKC Thunder +2.5
    SD-4.5 (First Half)
    @+830
    x$100

Where did you find the over 35.5 for kc/sd?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I was thinking a 3 teamer
    Spurs
    Hokies
    Chargers

rainman416

KC/SD(OV35.5) is on Bet365 in the "Alternate Totals" section. AKA Teaser

By itself the odds are -300.. I think the obvious play here based on recent performance is the UNDER but I think it's unlikely that SD will play their offence THAT poorly twice in a row, and considering that last week's "Awfense" was caused in part by nasty rain, and KC's D isn't great.. SD should take off early, maintain at least through the first half, and likely give up some points along the way, hence the first half spread pick and the total

rainman416

Big Bear why do you like spurs?? I'm new to NBA so not really challenging you're pick as much as trying to figure out more about this terribly difficult to handicap sport.

I took OKC because I started watching NBA closely during last years playoffs and really liked what I saw in OKC + Spurs didn't cover their first spread, and now will be playing part 2 of a back to back at home against a season opening (fired up) OKC.. If OKC was favoured here by -2.5 or more I may have stayed away but with them being able to lose in a close one and still cover at +2.5 it just made sense to go with them.. Not a lock by any means but good value imo

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

B/c the Spurs match up well with the thunder. They are strong at home.
    This is a revenge spot from last years playoffs. the Majority of bets are coming in on the Thunder.
    I think the loss of Harden will hurt the Thunder atleast initially until
    The new guys mesh with the team.

and last but not least the Spurs have a game to knock some rust off.

nemisis12
    nemisis12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

how do you get plus 830 picking only four teams with one team being negative 300 hundred????

rainman416

Quote Originally Posted by nemisis12 View Post
    how do you get plus 830 picking only four teams with one team being negative 300 hundred????
    Name:  4playcap.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  6.5 KB

The lines have altered slightly since I made the bet with my local guy, but this is what it currently adds up to.. makes sense if you consider that the standard -110 multiplier gives you:
    2 play = +264
    3 play = +596
    4 play = +1228

This play offers one at -300 bringing the 4 play total down from +1228 to +803 or +830 depending on when you made this play.. this morning I got it at +830.. now it's adjusted a bit to +803

rainman416

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    B/c the Spurs match up well with the thunder. They are strong at home.
    This is a revenge spot from last years playoffs. the Majority of bets are coming in on the Thunder.
    I think the loss of Harden will hurt the Thunder atleast initially until
    The new guys mesh with the team.

and last but not least the Spurs have a game to knock some rust off.
    I gotta disagree with 2 points here..
    Majority of bets coming in on Thunder does not change the likelihood of their winning, outside of the "gamblers paranoia" element. There are some cases where I think that would apply, i.e. the house always wins etc. but in many cases I think their is a reason that a team is a heavy public favorite and it's simply because they are more likely to win. I typically put more weight in that stat when the spread is larger.. in close to pick-em spreads I think the public's pick is a good one ...

- and isn't the pre-season where the players "knock some rust off"? imo - OKC's rust = knocked.. and their mind-set = we know Spurs are pissed about last post-season and we're going to comeinto the game prepared for that. while the spurs will be playing keep up all night I think OKC will be playing Get up all night

BOL to the tail'ers here, I have a good feeling about this whole play, aside from the NCAA pick.. that.. could be the ruiner here...