Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

NFL Week 8 Predictions: Seattle Seahawks vs. Detroit Lions (Video)

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

I've only seen a little of each team and my take away was that both teams have a decent D and neither one has a good passing game. I think it goes beyond just the QB's and to the passing plays (neither team seems to have well designed routes and plays) and receiving corps, both teams seem marginal to me. Wilson doesn't look like he can pass from the pocket as he is short and inexperienced and Stafford was sailing the ball against the Bears. Seattle at least has a running game though I question whether Lynch can make it through the season in one piece with his running style and the way he's being used. Detroit has no running game, which allows defenses to focus on stopping Stafford.

No bet on either team for me here but the Under in a teaser is tempting in spite of the Stafford big play potential.

Jeff Grant

Detroit Lions receiver Calvin Johnson did not practice Wednesday, MLive.com reported. Johnson suffered a knee injury against the Chicago Bears on "Monday Night Football."

The Lions adjusted their schedule and held a walk-through Wednesday. Some light will be shed on the severity of the injury if Megatron is held out of usual practices Thursday and Friday.

Jeff Grant

Seattle Seahawks vs. Detroit Lions

-Three games against some of the best throwing QBs in the league (out-gained through the air by 292 combined yards)
    -Extra rest coming off a Thursday Night loss against the 49ers
    -Underdog is 7-0 ATS in Seahawks games
    -Seahawks are 7-0 ATS versus teams averaging 235-plus yards per game
    -Secondary can match up with Calvin Johnson

-Matthew Stafford - “I am glad it’s a short week, I don’t want to be sitting around talking about this one too much longer.”
    -Lions won and covered their last two opportunities as a home favorite of three or fewer points (Stafford, 7 TDs, INT), both went OVER the total
    -Middle of the pack rush defense - but have faced teams that have capable running games (Rams, 49ers, Titans, Vikings, Eagles, Bears)
    -Only home game during a five-week period
    -Over is 6-0 in the Lions last six games versus good rushing teams (averaging 130-plus rushing yards per game)

-Motor City will be fired up this weekend, Tigers hosting the World Series
    -Like the Lions even more due to over 80 percent of the action coming on the UNDER - yet the total has moved up from 43 to 43.5 in the market
    -Lions are 6-1 ATS at home with a total of 42.5 to 45 points, 5-2 OVER

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Logic seems to scream under but I don't like totals. SEA and the points has my vote if you figure that CHI definitely looked like they let up in their last game with the Lions. Cheers