r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Matt Lepsis Out for season with Torn ACL

That certainly doesn't help the broncos O line. Ouch. Any thoughts on this will effect the game sunday. I would think the ball is going to be run to the right side more (since he was a left tackle). Thoughts?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anytime you lose a key member of the offensive line it's a big loss, especially in a game like this one. The problem is Denver basis it's offensive scheme around there O-Line, which does scare me a bit. However, I don't think this loss will be that big of a deal this weekend against the Colts.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

We arent really expecting big things from the Broncos offense anyway, are we?

The Broncos defense is key to this game, if they can slow down Manning and company, they should be in a position to win that game. But that is going to be a tough task, with out a offense to manage time of possesion.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I think Denver's chance at a Superbowl run are probably over with this injury. Lepsis has been on the field pretty much every game over his career. While he isn't the best Left Tackle in the NFL, he's probably the 2nd best LT as far as 'fit' for system (Walter Jones is probably the best player overall in the NFL - so he automatically wins in any system).

Lepsis is one of the quiet keys to the Broncos with that O Line. It's a devastating injury. Hopefully their backup can play - because Lepsis is good enough to be at worst on the fringe of the pro-bowl every year, but because Bronco lineman keep a virtual code of silence, no one knows about them. He definitly never gets the credit he deserves.

You're going to have to wait/see how it impacts the run game, IMO. I think Shanahan is as good at coaching the line (with his staff) as anyone in the NFL.. But you'll see HOW good when you lose a premium player. I'll definitly be watching how he addresses that side of the line against the pass rusher with the quickest burst, in Freeney, on Sunday.

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    I think Denver's chance at a Superbowl run are probably over with this injury. Lepsis has been on the field pretty much every game over his career. While he isn't the best Left Tackle in the NFL, he's probably the 2nd best LT as far as 'fit' for system (Walter Jones is probably the best player overall in the NFL - so he automatically wins in any system).

Lepsis is one of the quiet keys to the Broncos with that O Line. It's a devastating injury. Hopefully their backup can play - because Lepsis is good enough to be at worst on the fringe of the pro-bowl every year, but because Bronco lineman keep a virtual code of silence, no one knows about them. He definitly never gets the credit he deserves.
    You're going to have to wait/see how it impacts the run game, IMO. I think Shanahan is as good at coaching the line (with his staff) as anyone in the NFL.. But you'll see HOW good when you lose a premium player. I'll definitly be watching how he addresses that side of the line against the pass rusher with the quickest burst, in Freeney, on Sunday.
    my thoughts exactly sir. nicely said.