Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

Can the Buccs win SU in Min?

I view this game similarly as the Lions/Bears game. Line is 7 with the home team giving points. Looking at a possible ML play on the Vikings. Thinking the same outcome as the Bears game where the Vikes win SU but don't cover. Harvin will have a field day against the Buccs shitty secondary and ground and pound with All Day. Plus the Vikings D is legit and should be able to contain Freeman.

Is there something I'm missing on a Tampa angle? Or do the Vikings roll on TNF?

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am in on the Vikings -7 on some small parlays. I have a vibe that the Vikings are going to roll, especially so, since Quarterback Christian Ponder had such a bad game this past Sunday, which I watched, and Percy Harvin did not do much either. No worries about the Viking defense, as they are solid. On the other hand Tampa Bay is struggling, so based on this, I am liking the Vikings as one of my favorite NFL plays this week. An added element, is that they are a very good home team.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Yea, I'm a little weary of this one cuz I've cashed on favorites my last couple plays. Thinking something crazy might happen here. Or maybe I'm over thinking it. My initial feeling is Vikings ML and Buccs plus points. Think it will be another close game. Don't know yet, I guess I'll think this one over the next couple days.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

ponder has been making some seriously suspect decisions lately, not just last week....tb matches up well with this team and man for man is prob more talented overall,,keep laying this ml chalk in nlf and it gonna hurt, ask brock.. gonna be close and low, tb may have problems with pass d but they limit teams in red zone, have a strong run d, and stopping one guy a lot easier than stopping brees and his gang of wrs.. gl but to me you take the points or even the dog ml or pass (and of coarse under as it is thur night after all!)

Hawaiianwarrior
    Hawaiianwarrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers714 View Post
    I view this game similarly as the Lions/Bears game. Line is 7 with the home team giving points. Looking at a possible ML play on the Vikings. Thinking the same outcome as the Bears game where the Vikes win SU but don't cover. Harvin will have a field day against the Buccs shitty secondary and ground and pound with All Day. Plus the Vikings D is legit and should be able to contain Freeman.

Is there something I'm missing on a Tampa angle? Or do the Vikings roll on TNF?

I can see Freeman having trouble moving the ball through the air with Vikes cover 2 defense, maybe mostly dink and dunks. And i think if they score it will be in time consuming fashion.....As for Vikes if Ponder plays a good game and AP gets going it will open up Harvin...Throw in the fact that Thurs nite football games with Ron Winters favs have gone 5-0 ats since 2008!

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiianwarrior View Post
    I can see Freeman having trouble moving the ball through the air with Vikes cover 2 defense, maybe mostly dink and dunks. And i think if they score it will be in time consuming fashion.....As for Vikes if Ponder plays a good game and AP gets going it will open up Harvin...Throw in the fact that Thurs nite football games with Ron Winters favs have gone 5-0 ats since 2008!
    Yup, not gonna be a big play but I posted my Vikings -6 play in my thread. BOL

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I didnt like this game much (I have a feeling it might be close), so I did a teaser bet on this Vikings for the win + under 48.5) However as soon as I placed the bet I was thinking I should have done TB + 13 and the under 48.5 in-case TB pulls off the opposite. Ponder has definitely been struggles and if for some reason the vikes fall behind, they will be in trouble (just my opinion).

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles27 View Post
    I didnt like this game much (I have a feeling it might be close), so I did a teaser bet on this Vikings for the win + under 48.5) However as soon as I placed the bet I was thinking I should have done TB + 13 and the under 48.5 in-case TB pulls off the opposite. Ponder has definitely been struggles and if for some reason the vikes fall behind, they will be in trouble (just my opinion).
    That's why it's not a big play. Went back and forth like probably many people on here but decided to go with my original lean.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Really like TB here, think its a very close game. Ponder has been horrendous as of late and that won't change tonight.

celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2814

love TB here... alot of situational and matchup factors in favor of TB. It is the Thursday night game which has led to sloppy play and ineffective offeneses all year... when there's not a lot of points scored and ugly play you typically want to take the points. TB has been solid vs the run all year - I believe off the top of my head they are ranked #3 in rushing yds allowed per game (top 5 for sure) and they have faced some solid rushing attacks but none as good as Peterson running behind the Minny o-line. Nonetheless run D is strength for TB. And lets face it Minny has a weak passing attack. If Minny is unsucessful on 1st down and get in 2nd and 3rd and long situations they really haven't been tested this yr in these spots and im one to believe they are unsuited for pass-only situations. TB's defense looks bad because their pass D is suspect and they do get lit up against passing attacks like NO and NYG but Minny only has Harvin (who is their #2??) so I think TB can hide their weakness here. On offense TB has weapons on the outside and a decent QB - easily the best QB-WR combo that Minny has seen all year. Minny's strength is run D but TB has shown they can throw the ball so I expect them to exploit the Vikings secondary tonight. My biggest worry is that Tampa's coach is an idiot so we could some poor play-calling and game mismanagement but I ended up playing this at +6 (-102) for the game, +3.5 (-110) for the first half and sprinkled some on the ml at +235 and +270