C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

What did you learn week 6

1. The Ravens run defense sucks. If you haven't watched games the last 2 weeks you would never think the mighty ravens run defense sucks but they were awful 2 weeks in a row. D. Murray was gashing them for what seemed like at least 5 yards per play. At least. Dallas ran all over them, KC ran all over them last week. I don't think I've seen a worse run D by any other team all year.

2. It seems like any QB and their mom threw for over 300 yards this week. The passing stats in the NFL are getting so watered down. You can't just look at YARDS, TD/INT to judge a QB because they all get yards now.

3. I've been watching more Carolina this year and I think Cam Newton has a fumbling problem and isn't very good. He's certainly below average ( worse than 16th best) QB in the league at this point. He still has potential but ever since the 2nd half of last year I haven't been impressed.

4. Alex Smith is who we thought he is. Good QB's don't rotate.

5. Eli Manning won a tough game on the road in SF. He had 2 backup lineman at Tackle and got rid of the ball quickly and took no sacks. 9/9 at one point. Aggressive making Alex Smith play from behind. Eli was also very accurate in this game.

tshafer117
    tshafer117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Alex Smith is who you thought he was? What a 13-3 QB last year and a muffed punt away from making the Super Bowl? He has one tough game against the Giants and you write him off? We didn't learn anything new with Eli, he is consistently doing what he did this Sunday.

I think the number on thing we learned is the Patriots are not the best team in the AFC East this year, and that's pretty pathetic to say that.

Also I think we learned that home teams will win when the two teams who are playing aren't very good. (Miami, Cleveland, and Tampa Bay)

Number one thing I learned this week-Always take Moneyline for Atlanta and Ravens when they are at home- just unbeatable at home

C-Gold

Does anybody know if the Ravens switched to a 2 gap system on D? I'm watching the Ravens/Chiefs game from week 5 and the Chiefs are pushing the Ravens D-Line back 4 yards every play! Charles will run 4 yards to the line and then slice right through for multiple 10 yard runs. How are these guys getting blown up so bad 2 weeks in a row? The Chiefs and cowboys were re-establishing a new line of scrimege 3/4 yards down field

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by tshafer117 View Post
    Alex Smith is who you thought he was? What a 13-3 QB last year and a muffed punt away from making the Super Bowl? He has one tough game against the Giants and you write him off? We didn't learn anything new with Eli, he is consistently doing what he did this Sunday.
    The difference is that early in Eli's career he was calling his own plays in shot gun.

Alex Smith is in a QB rotation right now. Does Ryan Mallet come in to run wild cat for Tom Brady? Does anybody come in for Aaron Rodgers? Do the Giants have a black QB run some college football plays for Eli Manning?

A lot of Eli's early career "struggles" were poor WR play. He was running his own offense. Smith runs whatever his coach tells him to run. He knows exactly which player he's throwing to before the ball is snapped. TE DRAG, or WR Screen, or Short come back route. Maybe once or twice per game they take a shot downfield. That is totally different than running your own offense and calling the plays. It's mechanical and robotic.

Trent Dilfer won a SB doing that crap. Do you think he was any good?

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

I learned that Philly won't go to the playoffs

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I learned to remove the "defensive genius" tag from Bellichek.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I learned that it usually pays to take points in the NFL. Don't be shy with some teams laying the lumber in College.

Defense and coaching very important. To much emphasis usually paid to offense and last weeks performance.

Some guys on this forum are legendary go against guys. Sometimes I wince and wonder how much they might have lost? Real or imaginary? Hopefully it was just air and $5 parlay cards. Even those bets must be demoralizing.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I learned that the Seahawks are unbeatable at home