Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never in my life have i seen the chargers so shafted by the refs, oh wait ed hochuli!

Wtf was that 2nd half?????!

compsmoker
    compsmoker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1550

They were shafted. However, with all games penalties are called in placed that they should not be and vice versa. Part of the game. I had a 4 game parlay and the chargers where the last game of that. So I lost out from it. However it's in every game if you are looking for it. This game just showed a little more because the announcers where all over it.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I don't like the fact the Chargers got shafted but nobody with a voice is saying anything to bring attention to it. Nobody wants to bad mouth the regular refs.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    I don't like the fact the Chargers got shafted but nobody with a voice is saying anything to bring attention to it. Nobody wants to bad mouth the regular refs.
    well said man, I'm glad there are some OBJECTIVE ppl on this forum.

ANYONE, ANYONE with a brain would have seen this game as ANYTHING BUT A Fair!!!!
    Last edited by Jago2008; 10-07-12 at 10:59 PM.

tomseaver286
    tomseaver286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    well said man, I'm glad there are some OBJECTIVE ppl on this forum.

ANYONE, ANYONE with a brain would have seen this game as ANYTHING BUT A Fair!!!!
    Having the Chargers win the game did not fit the NFL's narrative. Go buy the book The Fix Is In. You'll see. There was no way the NFL was going to let Brees beat the record held by Unitas and lose the game on national television. Wasn't going to happen.

The NFL steers things as it seems fit. The illusion of parity is what the league wants so that fans buy more stuff and pay more attention.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Chargers lost that game early when they took the chipshot FG after failing to push the ball in on 2nd and goal at the 2. Two straight passing plays when their run game had been rolling along. The late penalties definitely hurt them as well, but you can't attribute most losses to the final drive while ignoring missed opportunities earlier.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    The Chargers lost that game early when they took the chipshot FG after failing to push the ball in on 2nd and goal at the 2. Two straight passing plays when their run game had been rolling along. The late penalties definitely hurt them as well, but you can't attribute most losses to the final drive while ignoring missed opportunities earlier.
    I agree with you King I think there are several reasons the Chargers lost this game, and with that said the Chargers shouldn't allow the game to come down to perhaps a bad call or two or... 5. What agonizes Charger fans (and yes I'll assume the soapbox and preach ATM) is the lopsided calls. Seemingly the Chargers are always at the receiving end in these games. People like to reflect about the "game-changing" moments or a plays that made the game swing one way or the other, but the fact that several of those were based on the decision of referees makes me shake my head.

The sad thing is that almost any bettor of experience is attuned to this, such is the way. Basketball, football, any major sport is wrought with these calls, one can only assume they follow the flow of money.

Aquaplex
    Aquaplex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Chargers lost the game when their rookie hit Brees on the chin.