Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Bengals @ Jacksonville

I'm going to keep it simple....its a passing league and Dalton is pretty good and Gabbert isn't.

Red Dalton has thrown for 646 yds and 6 tds in their last 2 games. AJ Green, Gresham, and the speedy new guy Andrew Hawkins are too much for avg/bad defenses like Jacksonville. Jay Gruden (O-coord) is really coming into his own also opening up last week w/a trick play TD pass to Green. Jax on the other hand has to be the most BORING team in the NFL. MJmidget up the middle....repeat...repeat....repeat....r epeat.
    Gabbert had a whopping 75 yds passing last week vs Indys bad defense up until the lucky late TD against a blown coverage.

Bottom line...Cincy won here last year 30-20 and is still the much better team. They have way too much firepower for Jax who won't be able to run MJD nonstop since they'll be behind. I'm going to play Cincy -1 (+juice)...only thing that worries me is the shitstorms of rain that Jax receives at times. If the weather is decent Cincy wins by atleast a TD again.

freewinners4u
    freewinners4u's Avatar Become A Pro!

ehh jags got a decent d, and dont let dalton fool you hes not good going deep

Mr Handicapable

The Jags are 28th defensively...or 29th? AJ Green is a top 5 WR and Hawkins is another Sproles pain in the a$$ type thats the real deal. Cincy covers unless MJD goes for 200

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

almost 90% on cincy.
    ill take the home dog.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i agree gabbert sux (watched him at mizzou and could not believe a team took this clown in top 10), that said cincy secondary has been awful to the point im pretty confident i could pass on them....

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Jags might be able to run the ball and control the game. Cincy is weak on defense so Jags offense could all of a sudden come to life.

Mr Handicapable

Weather forecast...no rain

Bengals are the square play but they'll win. Look at it this way....Jax played Indy (gave up 41 to Cutler)...MJD busted a long TD run and they got a 80 yd TD pass & only got 22 pts. Cincy is missing some people on D but they're still better than Indy and the offense (8th in the NFL) is much much better than Jax.

Bengals 27-16

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Lets not forget the Bengals defense got abused by rookie QBs Brandon Weeden and RG III the last 2 weeks.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

I played bengals s/u in my work pool, but I was honestly torn.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Weather forecast...no rain

Bengals are the square play but they'll win. Look at it this way....Jax played Indy (gave up 41 to Cutler)...MJD busted a long TD run and they got a 80 yd TD pass & only got 22 pts. Cincy is missing some people on D but they're still better than Indy and the offense (8th in the NFL) is much much better than Jax.

Bengals 27-16
    Jags or no play its simple

nrok2118
    nrok2118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Actually I like the Jags, got a spread generator using 5 different power rankings and while most of the "value" leans are pretty square, it likes the Jags, and with no one on them as a home dog Im all over it!

Mr Handicapable

I'm only 9-2 in my last 11 with most of them posted on here but have at those Jags if you must! Blaine Gabbert DOESN"T even look downfield most of the time....checkdown, throw away, or sack but have at it. AJ Green is GREAT but don't worry about him....Cincy was a playoff team last year but don't worry about the difference in talent between these 2 teams.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Like the Jags plus the points at home. Think they control the game with MJD toting the rock.

Mr Handicapable

Cincy -1 here....there is no points really. If Jax wins the Over will have to hit because Cincy will score. 30-20 last year in Jax....so it could be a parlay winner too.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

UNDER 43.5. Bengals allowing 5.8 yards per rush so MJD will run all day to eat clock, Dalton had a career day vs. an injury-riddled Skins defense, he may not have another 300-yard passing game the rest of the year.

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    UNDER 43.5. Bengals allowing 5.8 yards per rush so MJD will run all day to eat clock, Dalton had a career day vs. an injury-riddled Skins defense, he may not have another 300-yard passing game the rest of the year.

If Jax had RG3 running the option like Washington then I'd be worried. I kept hearing about Blaine Gabberts improvement from preseason so I watched every play of Indy/Jax....HE STILL SUCKS. The worst thing about him (and their playcalling) is he doesn't even LOOK downfield. Indy's D completely sucks and Gabbert had 75 yd passing til that last lucky TD. Don't get me wrong Cincy is beat up on defense but defending Jax isn't that hard...just put 9 in the box. LT...I also think you're a little off on Dalton too. He's pretty good...better than Flacco and many others at this point plus AJ Green has much more help this year. Gresham is a very athletic TE and Andrew Hawkins has TDs in both of their last 2 games and 8 catches vs Balt in their opener....very very quick Sproles type of athlete. This is isn't a monster play for me like Cincy/Wash over last week but Cincy is much better.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    If Jax had RG3 running the option like Washington then I'd be worried. I kept hearing about Blaine Gabberts improvement from preseason so I watched every play of Indy/Jax....HE STILL SUCKS. The worst thing about him (and their playcalling) is he doesn't even LOOK downfield. Indy's D completely sucks and Gabbert had 75 yd passing til that last lucky TD. Don't get me wrong Cincy is beat up on defense but defending Jax isn't that hard...just put 9 in the box. LT...I also think you're a little off on Dalton too. He's pretty good...better than Flacco and many others at this point plus AJ Green has much more help this year. Gresham is a very athletic TE and Andrew Hawkins has TDs in both of their last 2 games and 8 catches vs Balt in their opener....very very quick Sproles type of athlete. This is isn't a monster play for me like Cincy/Wash over last week but Cincy is much better.
    I wasn't criticizing your Cincy play at all, I was merely giving support for my 'under' play, I do think you are overestimating Dalton though and he is NOT better than Flacco.

LT Profits

And agree that Gabbert is ASS.

Mr Handicapable

I wouldn't say he's better than Flacco today....just saying he's progressing faster than Flacco or most top ten level QBs early into their 2nd season. I give Jay Gruden some props there too....Grudens know offense.