Update your status
    jillmark's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5121

nfl week one

One unit (0-0)(even)
    Two unit (0-0)(even)
    Three unit (0-0)(even)

OVERALL SEASON (0-0)(even)

Dallas +3½ vs NY Giants (one unit)…………..If seems like everybody is on the Giants tonight. For that reason alone I am taking Dallas. Dallas has a lot to prove this year. I am still not convinced the Giants are what people think either. Their QB shows up in big, important games and this is not on of them. I think Dallas gets the cover. Only one unit though for me.

Good Luck Everybody!!

jillmark
    Update your status
    jillmark's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5121

One unit (1-0)(+1.00)
    Two unit (0-0)(even)
    Three unit (0-0)(even)

OVERALL SEASON (1-0)(+1.00)

Nice start to the season with a winner. I called the outright upset and Dallas came through.

Miami +12½ vs Houston (three units)……………Giving double digits in the NFL is a scary thing to do. After all, these are all professional teams. Even though Miaimi sucked last year, after their 0-8 start, they were one of the better, more consistent teams in the league. So much is expected from Houston this year, and rightfully so, but I think Miami will hang with Houston. Maybe even playing on the road will take some of the pressure off them having to win in front of the home fans. Miami plays defense, has a running game and if both play well they can certainly play to within single digits. I just hope this is my head talking and not my heart.

Pittsburgh +1½ vs Denver (three units)…………I know this one is not with my heart because I cannot stand the Steelers. The whole world is rooting for Manning to come back strong and lead Denver to the Super Bowl. That would be a great story, but that does now always happen. Pittsburgh’s defense should be right up there again this year and they will put all kinds of pressure on Manning. He will not be able escape like Teebow did. Steelers go into Denver and pull out the win. Home field will make this a close game, but Pittsburgh will find a way to win.

Green Bay -5 vs San Francisco (two units)……………I am not completely sold on how great everybody thinks the niners are. I even get the feeling this one will not be close. I am not passing up Green Bay at home laying less than a touchdown. I think they win by at least ten.

Cleveland +8½ vs Philadelphia (two units)………….Last year the dream team was l lock to go to the super bowl. After last years nightmare season, they still have the same talented team, but not the pressure. I think they are a very dangerous team. In fact when I was in Las Vegas last month I put a bet on them to win the Super Bowl. I see them getting the win, but winning in the dog pound never easy. This game will be close.

Jets -2½ vs Buffalo (one unit)…………….Yes the Jets were horrible in the preseason, but so was Buffalo. Jets still have a talented group and just need to get their heads on straight. Even though this is the first game, it is a very important game to set things straight in New York. I think the Jets put it together this week and get the win.

Detroit -7½ vs St Louis (one unit)…………….I usually don’t like to lay more than a TD in the NFL, but St Louis is really bad while Detroit can just pound you at home. I think this is the one game that could get ugly to start the season, then again we always have that one game that you say on Monday morning how did that happen? Hope this isn’t the one.

That is probably it for me unless I add some teasers. Two games Monday night, so I will be back for those at least.

Good Luck Everybody!!