m3xtreme
    m3xtreme's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ryan Matthews and Fantasy Football - What to do ???

So I am in the 4th year of my keeper league and i have the great pleasure of having Ryan Matthews on my team.

My keeper lists includes:

Drew Brees
    Ryan Matthews
    Victor Cruz
    Dez Bryant
    Jimmy Graham
    Stephen Jackson

I can only keep 4 players and so far i am keeping Brees, Graham, and Jackson...

Since Matthews went out the other day it has changed my whole plan and really messed it up..
    Now i don't know whether to keep Cruz or Matthews.. and i still have Dez as an options..

Wanted to hear what you guys (and girls) think about this situation and what you think i should do?
    I was champion last year and have the last pick in the draft and since its a snake draft i get two players back to back starting with picks 50 and 51 (since we have 4 keepers, the first four rounds are taken out of draft).

Cheers and thanks for your suggestions (good, bad or just plain nasty)

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

I'd keep Cruz before Steven Jackson...to me, your decision is between Jackson and Mathews..

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Id keep SJax and Dez Bryant....especially in a PPR league.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

that's crazy how you have the option to keep stephen jackson in an nfl fantasy keeper league when he plays in the nba

m3xtreme

Yea im definitely keeping Jackson after researching more but not it's between keeping Matthews or picking between Cruz and dez ??

Everyone knows this years drafts the RBs are most valuable commodity .. So maybe keep Matthews n pray?

m3xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    that's crazy how you have the option to keep stephen jackson in an nfl fantasy keeper league when he plays in the nba
    My bad wise guy... Just trolling for a good time huh?

So I'm guessing no opinion on the whole post u clearly wasted time reading ?

oldschool02
    oldschool02's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would rather keep cruz than dez. similar situations for both teams as they lack a truly no. 3 receiver imo, but dallas has big concerns on the o-line what should effect the passing game when they dont come together and romo faces pressure each and every game. bryant hasnt had a 16 game season so far (injuries, off field trouble) and hasnt played up to his potencial, too. cruz looked solid against the jaxx, made a nice catch and run. many expect a soph slump for him, but i dont think so. cruz over bryant.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

talentwise, Dez Bryant is a no-brainer....what worries me about him is him being suspended or injured ...

m3xtreme

But do u guys agree that RBs are more valuable that WRs this year ???

There's a lot more good WRs that you can pick up late in the draft .. The top 10 RBs r good but the top 25 WRs are good as well..

oldschool02
    oldschool02's Avatar Become A Pro!

yah, its hard to find solid running backs in late rounds. rb > qb > wr > te, my opinion.

m3xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool02 View Post
    yah, its hard to find solid running backs in late rounds. rb > qb > wr > te, my opinion.

well put!!! I agree 100% but even more in this years draft due to the so many good WRs.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

sorry bro total troll city you're right i was just mad cause you seem like you know a lot and i'm just a rookie. you're right you gotta keep your rbs way too valuable this year. m3extreme, do you have any early leans for week 1 of the regular season?