imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

*imgv94* NFL WEEK 5 Picks and Writeups (YTD: 35-27 +9.44 Units)

imgv94 NFL RECORDS
    Preseason: 13-3 +14.44 Units -81%-
    Week 4: 8-6 +5.62 Units -57%-

Reg.Season YTD: 35-27 +9.44 Units -56%-

Well I guess I can say I am pretty damn happy to be ahead almost 10 units this year considering we were down over 10 units at one point in week one, a 19 unit turn around is always a great thing..Another thing that is great is "you people" who give me you're opinion on the games. I really think we have a great thing going here and if we put our minds together anything can happen. This point of the season I always find the most interesting because there are still some teams we haven't figured out yet.

Here is a list of teams I still haven't figured out yet
    Redskins
    Panthers
    Vikings
    Chiefs
    Steelers

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these teams in or out of the playoffs. If you have any strong opinions of these teams please let me know thanks...

WEEK 5 PLAYS:

2* EAGLES -1 -111
    Like the Eagles and the home field advantage here!! The City of Philadelphia will be loud and will cause problems for mistake prone and slow Drew Bledsoe. T.O can only be as good as his QB. The Eagles want payback for what T.O did to them obviously and these 2 teams are evenly matched here..Why not take the home team who seeks revenge for what happened last season? What makes the Cowboys better than the Eagles? I can't figure it out. I thought this line was going to be -3, -1 is a gift IMO..
    Good luck and would love you're thoughts................................ .

1* TEASER 6.5 pts -110
    Vikings -0.5
    Balt/Den Under 40

I'll be adding more plays during the week.. Good luck and take care..........

twotall
    twotall's Avatar Become A Pro!

To me the Philly/Dallas game will depend on Westbrook. If he plays I will take Philly, if not I will pass.

John Galt1
    John Galt1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would take Dallas +3 if it goes that far

imgv94

Eagles are now -2.5 ..

naloboy
    naloboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 561

it look like a set up game. philly started slow then wham everything clicked. look fishey to me.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

The line that looks most enticing to me right now is the
    Patriots(-9.5).

I left them for dead 2 weeks ago after they lost a 5 team parlay for me on Sunday night against the Broncos. I then proceeded to bet against them this past Sunday against the Bengals to which the Bengals fell flat on their faces.

The Dolphins are absolutely horrible, losing to the LOUSY TEXANS on Sunday. The Patriots win this game easily, probably by 20+.

Also, I like Kansas City(-2.5) @ Arizona. The Chiefs looked like they got back on track @ home this past weekend and the Cardinals have look terrible as well. Edgerrin has been ineffective with their lousy line and Kurt Warner can't hang on to the ball.

imgv94

ADDING:

1.5* KC -3 -125
    AFC conference is better than NFC conference. ARIZ is in shambles right now. Getting no play from the QB position at all. Leinart being thrown to the wolves is enough reason for me to take the Chiefs in here. Line should be -4 soon so I am getting on this right now.. Would love you're thoughts..

naloboy

i like kc,sf,dal,chi,no . . . lets not forget new orleans is at home as well as chi. and kc is back on track the battle of the golden gate sf and philly has played to much close games to give them the edge dal with t.o.

imgv94

This one is for Naloboy!!!

ADDING:

1* 4 Team 13pt Teaser -120
    Chicago +2
    Jax +6
    Indy -5.5
    Den/Balt Under 46

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

KC is now -3 (-130) what the hell does that mean?

I don't think I have ever seen that before.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by dave11486
    KC is now -3 (-130) what the hell does that mean?

I don't think I have ever seen that before.

Books hate moving off 3 so instead of moving the number they try to move the price first. Been doing this for quite a while now, moving off 3 is very dangerous for a book.

I wasn't around early but didn't this game open KC -2? If so they wrote all KC, once they move to 3- they will get hit with people taking the other side and opening themselves up to be porked if the game lands 3.

Very dangerous number to move through if you're a bookie. Some of these games where all you write are losers can just cripple you. Lot of people not wanting to see this game land, many places already at 3-.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Good luck IMG, nice season so far.

imgv94

Thanks McIrish...

Adding 1/2 unit on
    KC -3 -125
    so play should now read
    2* KC -3 -125

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

The Dolphins are absolutely horrible, losing to the LOUSY TEXANS on Sunday. The Patriots win this game easily, probably by 20+.

Dolphins are terrible but they always play New England tough! Although I think Miami will lose I think the line is too big for Intra Divisional rivals; Pats 24 Phins 20

imgv94

Happy Boy put something on KC -3

Here is why.......

I like the AFC-NFC factor..

Also I know this is school boy handicapping but check it out

SF 17
    ARI 24

SF 0
    KC 41

I think at this point of the season KC is on the improve and Ariz is on the decline. I believe KC to be an above average team and nothing ARIZ has done yet has showed me anything special..

ARIZ
    Beat SF by 7,
    lost to Seattle by 11,
    Lost to Rams by 2,
    Lost to ATL by 22..
    Seems like they are going in the wrong direction...

On the other hand look at
    KC
    Lost to Cincy by 13
    Lost to Denver by 3
    Beat SF by 41
    Seems like they are going in the right direction..

Two teams going in two different directions..

HB all I know is that the Pats will win the game. There is a trend that goes back 6 years that has the Pats 16-0 SU..

Miami is horrid.. Love you man.. Would love more thoughts from ya..

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

There are some crazy high spreads this week. Indy -19, Patriots -10, Bears -10.5, Panthers -8.5; Those are a lot of points to lay in the NFL. What I would usually do in this situation, is take the underdogs in a 3-team teaser. Something like this;

Titans +29
    Dolphins +20
    Bills +20.5

That almost looks like College spreads. Though anything is possible in this league, I would take that bet.

imgv94

Titans might lose by 40

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

not sure buffalo will score this week...would want at least +22

naloboy

teaser looks to easy, lets look at straight up gms. indy i don't think so cause when it looks to easy something up especially with indy they did it last year and they'll do it again. remember owners need to make their money back and more.

sjelveh
    sjelveh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Titans might lose by 40
    you might be right

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey IMG, I've been thinkin hard about maybe droppin a few on the Skins ML or the Ravens ML. The Skins have really impressed me over the last few weeks ever since they looked absolutely terrible against the Vikings in Week 1. The Giants have not impressed me at all. Brunell has been gunnin to Santana the last few weeks and Portis has been running real strong. Any thoughts are welcomed...

Thanks and GL to everyone this weekend!

Pioneer
    Pioneer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Happy Boy put something on KC -3

Here is why.......

I like the AFC-NFC factor..

Also I know this is school boy handicapping but check it out

SF 17
    ARI 24

SF 0
    KC 41

I think at this point of the season KC is on the improve and Ariz is on the decline. I believe KC to be an above average team and nothing ARIZ has done yet has showed me anything special..

ARIZ
    Beat SF by 7,
    lost to Seattle by 11,
    Lost to Rams by 2,
    Lost to ATL by 22..
    Seems like they are going in the wrong direction...

On the other hand look at
    KC
    Lost to Cincy by 13
    Lost to Denver by 3
    Beat SF by 41
    Seems like they are going in the right direction..

Two teams going in two different directions..

HB all I know is that the Pats will win the game. There is a trend that goes back 6 years that has the Pats 16-0 SU..

Miami is horrid.. Love you man.. Would love more thoughts from ya..
    Imgv94 (or is it IMG) looks good to me bro. It's important to note that Arizona has not covered all season. I don't think it starts here.

JNagz21
    JNagz21's Avatar Become A Pro!

How Good Does This Teaser Look

New England PK
    Chicago PK
    Jacksonville +3.5
    3 very solid teams and i dont expect any of them to lose sunday.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    Hey IMG, I've been thinkin hard about maybe droppin a few on the Skins ML
    The Skins have really impressed me over the last few weeks ever since they looked absolutely terrible against the Vikings in Week 1. The Giants have not impressed me at all. Brunell has been gunnin to Santana the last few weeks and Portis has been running real strong. Any thoughts are welcomed...

Thanks and GL to everyone this weekend!

[/QUOTE]

I would be shocked if the Giants lost. I will be playing the Giants hopefully at a good #. I know 2 guys that are really sharp that are over the Giants.. I actually think the Giants might be the best team in the NFC.. GL

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    Imgv94 (or is it IMG) looks good to me bro. It's important to note that Arizona has not covered all season. I don't think it starts here.

I agree 100% thanks for that stat.. I think Arizona is going to have a long season..

imgv94

2* 3 Team 10 Pt Teaser
    CHI PK
    NE PK
    BALT +14

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by JNagz21
    New England PK
    Chicago PK
    Jacksonville +3.5
    3 very solid teams and i dont expect any of them to lose sunday.
    Looks solid as a rock!!!

imgv94

JNagz...

ADDING:

1.5* 3 Team 10pt Teaser
    NE PK
    CHI PK
    JAX +3.5

This teaser looks like gold as well. JAX can lose by 3 and we still win.. DAMN

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Careful with KC. I know they look good in the stats against Arizona, but this is game 5... Pretty much the last chance for 1-3 teams to get back into the mix.

Remember that Arizona would 'normally' have beaten STL, and probably suffered the mental consequences in the next game. If they're going to get back into the season it will be in this game. Point is that public underestimates Arizona, and after last week's blowout now overestimates KC. If any of this trickled into the mindset of the KC players, and how could it not?, Cardinals should be ok.

I think it's a mistake to throw in Leinart (Green is an expert at undermining the confidence of his players, and needs to go...), but Arizona had some success with McCown last season in a similar spot. ARI O-line should come in with a life-or-death attitude. They've been destroyed on the field and in the press, and they know that KC will go after their rookie QB.

Season is on the line for Arizona in this game. Motivational angles point at Cardinals. It's now or never. But then there's those pesky stats...
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 10-06-06 at 06:57 PM.

imgv94

Trust me DH, you know me man I look at every game from every angle and I thought of the angle you mention and it still isn't enough for me to not to take KC.. KC wants this game too.. KC is 1-2 and would probably not survive going 1-3...

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

GL with the game, brother.

It's going to be EXTREMELY loud, for the KC offense.

imgv94

That is true with the new stadium and all, but the Rams were able to play through it and I think KC is alot better off than the Rams.. Thanks I would really like to win this cause I actually have more than 2 units on this one.. Accidently wagered on this game twice.. HAHA

Has that ever happened to you? Probably not you are so sophisticated..

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Green is out. I would have to see how well Huard deals with the noise. It almost cost STL the game in the end, and really should have.

Definitely the most interesting game this week from a motivational perspective. I may play it live.

Sophisticated? In a rush to get a bunch of bets down, I've bet on the wrong team.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

1.5* 3 Team 10pt Teaser
    NE PK
    CHI PK
    JAX +3.5

Solid pick - I like it a LOT. I'm defintily going to make a lot of plays like this one.

Jets are still a wild-card, I don't think they could cover the 3.5 points - if they win, it'l be by less, most likely.

JohnII
    JohnII's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=Peyton2MarvinN06]The line that looks most enticing to me right now is the
    Patriots(-9.5).

I left them for dead 2 weeks ago after they lost a 5 team parlay for me on Sunday night against the Broncos. I then proceeded to bet against them this past Sunday against the Bengals to which the Bengals fell flat on their faces.

Culpepper is currently listed as questionable. This whole year he has looked questionable, befuddled, confused, lost. I've seen all that Miami games and he is just awful. The best thing that could happen is if Harrington started. I never thought I would say that.

12 Last