Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Steeler Fans Check In - Breakdown of TV Schedule

http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedule
    http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

If you look at the complete NFL schedule this year with all the time slots listed and the projected games from the 2nd link above, there will be a good amount of Steeler games on national TV, so good news for those that live out of market and don't have the DirecTV Sunday ticket.

So do you live out of market like me (I live in CO) and want to know what games you'll be able to watch? Let's go through each week

week 1 Denver - Yes, SNF
    week 2 New York - Yes, Projected main late game on CBS (See my note at bottom of post)

week 3 Oakland - No (Unless you live in the local market)
    week 4 - Bye Week
    week 5 Philadelphia - Maybe (3 Games on at same FOX time slot, so depends on your area where you live and what FOX chooses to show)
    week 6 Tennessee - Yes, Thursday Night Game NFL Network
    week 7 Cincinnati - Yes, Sunday Night Game

week 8 Washington - No (4 games on at the same FOX time slot and we play the Redskins)
    week 9 New York - Yes, Projected game on CBS and only game at that timeslot
    week 10 Kansas City - Yes, MNF
    week 11 Baltimore - Yes, SNF

week 12 Cleveland - No (5 games on during the same CBS time slot and it's the Browns)
    week 13 Baltimore - Most likely, (Projected main late game on CBS)
    week 14 San Diego- No (5 games on during the same CBS time slot)
    week 15 Dallas- Most likely (Projected main late game on CBS)
    week 16 Cincinnati - No (6 games on during the same time slot)
    week 17 Cleveland - No (6 games on during the same time slot)

So 6 for sure games everybody nationwide will be able to watch, and 3 more games most of us that live out of market we'll be able to watch. So I'm gonna say your average person that lives out of market will be able to watch around 9-10 Steeler games this season.

To watch the other games you'll have to get DirecTV Sunday ticket or go to a place like a bar that has it. Or stream the games from one of the many websites that do that, quality isn't the best on alot of the free streaming sites from my experience last year, but at least you can still watch the game somewhat.

Note: Don't forget to see what other games are being played at the same time slot of the Steeler games to see if it's your regional team. Like for example in Week 2 we play the Jets at 4:25PM and it will be broadcast on CBS. But the Titans and Chargers game is on at that same time slot, so if you live in Tennessee or California you will not see the Steelers game.
    Last edited by Nittany Lion; 08-01-12 at 07:31 PM.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Also, for those of us that don't have the DirecTV Sunday Ticket, what do you guys suggest is the best streaming site for NFL games?

I used these streaming sites last season with decent results, sometimes the feeds were jittery/froze but that might also be because of my slow internet:

firstrowsports.eu
    atdhe.eu