goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

vince young is gonna start this week

just saw it on the crawl of the osu iowa game

good idea IMO cause tenn ain't doing jack this year

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

ths should throw this line all out of whack now. I think were going to see those double digits now.

If I was Fischer, why not start Young this week. After all I think he sees it's going to be a rebuilding type year anyways, so why not see what the kids got.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I dont see anything wrong with this move. It will make Young grow as a NFL quarterback. No matter how bad he does. Gives him gametime under his belt. I dont think he can do any worse then Collins at this point.

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

It could backfire. Sometimes QB's that are thrown into the mix too soon lose their confidence and fail to develop. As for Vince Young and his low IQ and crooked ass release, I am not sure it mattes. They might as well play him while he has some spring in his step and can make plays with his feet, because when those skills diminish and he has to rely on his arm and brain.....he is done.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

IMO, this move is a very bad one.
    It was done because of team dissent.
    Had they not signed Kerry Collins, they wouldn't have had to rush Vince in...
    I hate to say it, but, Fischer ain't dealing with losing very well. He's a premier NFL coach with no talent to work with... I know he's trying to speed the process, but Vince has the ability to be special.
    He is not even close to NFL ready. Sure he picked apart Green Bay's 2nd stringers/3rd stringers 1 time in the pre-season, but it was not as impressive as the stats would lead you to believe.

He's a mega-talent potential guy - or mega bust. I don't think there is much grey with his unorthodox delivery and (right now) weak decision making.

I just know he ain't ready. I pouned the Boys at -9 when I heard of the move. It's a no-brainer... I kinda wished I hit the ML hard, but something about Ten being at home and it being his first game.... I dunno.
    I got 1 unit that says he gets smoked, though.:>

anthon9283
    anthon9283's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only disadvantage I see to starting Young is the chance of some freak injury happening. But overall I think its best to start him to get some experience and it is not like the Titans are looking for the playoffs at this point.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

You never know how things will go with QBs - but with a talent like that, I think it's a HUGE mistake to take the chance in their first year. There's waaay too much risk.

When people talk about him not being 'nfl ready', they're talking about the fact he was only given 1 or 2 receivers to look for in COLLEGE every play - and if it wasn't there - run.
    Pitt did this with Big Ben even into his 2nd season - but this is the Pros... Not college.

If a QB can't read a coverage and scan the field in college - it's going to take a LOT of work to do it in the NFL, especially the way some coordinators disguise their blitzes, cover 2, etc, etc.

If he's slow to learn basic things like coverages, he's never going to go anywhere... I'm not him, I don't work with him, I can't say definitively either way. However, I can say that it's impossible to learn the things he's going to have to in 6 months - and playing NFL QB can't be improvisational all the time. Also, Vince's speed is not even close by comparison to how he stacked up in college. He can move, but I don't see him being much quicker than say -- Culpepper when he was younger -- alright a bit faster than that, but not a lot more.

I guess the points I'm trying to get at here are this:
    1- Fischer knows better than this. To me, it seems like despiration to try and correct the dismal handling of QBs in the off-season. His job is in jeopardy, even if the team is one of the worst in the NFL. They are paying STILL for a lot of solid years down there. Maybe Jeff knows something here...

2- A QB that is not even close to ready to play in the NFL, regardless of talent, can lose confidence, press too hard and regress. Pressure is a big big deal at the QB position. In many cases, when young QBs are rushed, it's like spinning your tires in sand.

I hope he does well, though. He's an exciting talent, for sure. Tennessee is going to lose the rest of the way, anyway - I just don't see that as being of help to a young QB. Losing begets losing... You don't want a talent like that to adopt a loser attitude.

I just think this is an unneccesary gamble for the Titans.

sportsfun
    sportsfun's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5175

well might be good chance here for young, cowboys have the t.o. issues going on.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love that classic throwing motion. Can't figure out if he's throwing a football, javelin, or shotput.