SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Rose: Detroit Lions +5.5

Mike Rose: Detroit Lions +5.5

We backed the Lions in week 1, and was handed over a solid win when they battled the Seahawks till the last minutes of the game only to fall by a FG.

They’re 11-5 ATS the L/16 times they’ve been installed as road pups, and the Rams fall into the SU dawg win last week fade this week scenario that comes in more times than not. Look for both offenses to be showcased here as the Lions put up a valiant fight and possibly pick up a rare road victory.

The Rams earned their second victory of the season last wee, but it came in gift-wrapped form. The Cardinals tripped and stumbled all over themselves throughout that game, and fumbled away the opportunity of kicking the game winner late in the fourth. The Cardinals passing game ripped St. Louis’ defense apart through the air, and I’m looking for more of the same with the Mike Martz led offense. If anyone knows the tendencies of this underachieving squad, it’s Mr. Martz. Sure, they’re under new leadership, but they’re still the same players.

Look for the Lions to have the upper hand in this one as they’ve got the blueprint on where to attack this Rams outfit.

Game Time: 10/1/2006 4:05:00 PM

Play: Detroit Lions +5.5

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would lean towards the Lions in this game myself.

The Rams are not a good team at all really. This team definately has some issues on both sides of the ball.

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree. I will be on the side of the Lions + the points. I hope it reaches 6 by gametime however. The public loves the Rams in this one, and I am not sure why. This is two crap teams. Detroit is getting desperate, however, and will hopefully come away with a win here.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Bulger is 14-2 at home (I believe) and Detroit has shown little to no fight.
    They aren't quite a caged animal yet (which means you can't ever tell what they'll do), so I doubt they'll win -- but sheesh, it's very hard getting your money in on such a horrible team with a 'backup' calibur QB.

Also, I've noticed, Detroit hasn't gotten rid of their loser attitude. I know they stuck around last week vs GB - but it wasn't so much that the Lions weren't trying - it's just the Packers are very very bad.

I favor the Rams by 10+ in this one, but I hate making plays on 2 crappy teams. They both are going nowhere... And Detroit is just wasting their potential and need to get Millen fired ASAP, clean house and rebuild. They have waaaay too much dead weight and play with almost no heart. Kitna is about the only guy with heart on that team.

They need a win, but it's going to take a lot more than 5 1/2 points IMO. They actually have to play real hard and make good decisions. GL getting that out of the Lions consistently.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

You think Martz returning to St.Louis could factor into anything here? Maybe he wants to prove something?

I dont know, but I would have to take the points in this one. As they both arent that great of a team, but I think the Lions have more upside to their team.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your right about that looker. The one thing Martz does know about the Rams, is there weakdefense. I feel he should exploit that weakness pertty good too on Sunday.