JuniorAnalyst
    JuniorAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

J.A. 2012 NFL Picks and Goals

Hello Forum,

My names Andrew I am 18 going on 19 and ready to break through my immature betting styles.
    I have had a lot of trouble since i was 16 betting on sports and even some poker and its time to change that.
    On this thread i will be keeping track of my picks/predicitons and also some goals i have set in my lifestyle and in my gambling. I have seen this work well for poker players and thought i would try and bring it into sports handicapping and that is setting goals. Here are some inspirational quotes that help me see this, as a necessary step.

Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.
    Denis Watley

Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination.
    Fitzhugh Dodson

I feel that the most important step in any major accomplishment is setting a specific goal. This enables you to keep your mind focused on your goal and off the many obstacles that will arise when you’re striving to do your best.
    Kurt Thomas

You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures.
    Charles C. Noble

In life, as in football, you won't go far unless you know where the goalposts are.
    Arnold H. Glasgow- Arnold H. Glasgow

I will be setting goals both long term and short term to help me achieve some success in sports handicapping.

JuniorAnalyst

My Goals for 2012

Short Term Goals (Month of July)

Lifestyle
    [ ] Pay off all my creditors
    [ ] Develop a plan for gym and eating habits

Gambling
    [ ] Dont gamble, Period. (Added July 8th)
    [ ] Keep up to date with as much NFL stuff as possible (Added July 8th)
    [ ] Research everything, from teams weaknesses and strengths to strong trends and in depth statistics (Added July 8th)
    [ ] Prepare for Preseason (Added July 8th)

Long Term Goals (New Years)
    Lifestyle
    [ ] Create myself a healthy lifestyle (Added July 8th)
    [ ] Drop 40 lbs. From 215 to 175 (Added July 8th)

Gambling
    [ ] Have a winning 2012/2013 NFL Season (Added July 8th)
    [ ] Profit over $1000 (Added July 8th)
    [ ] Never put myself in financial trouble (Added July 8th)
    [ ] Don't bet on sports I don't know well (Added July 8th)

Will have more to add and will be updating often
    Last edited by JuniorAnalyst; 07-08-12 at 01:02 PM.

JuniorAnalyst

Using this post spot to keep random stats i find that i want to keep track of

Kansas City
    -Allows 20 or less points 5 of 6 times after allowing 30+ the previous games 2011 season
    -Allows 20 or less points 3 of 3 times after allowing 30+ the previous games 2010 season
    -Allows 20 or less points 8 of 9 times after allowing 30+ the previous games Last 2 seasons

New England Patriots
    -In the last 10 seasons Tom Brady is 38-7 in L5 games of each season 18-2 (2012-2007) 20-5 (2006-2002)
    -Tom Brady is 16-0 in 2011 and 2010 2nd half of the season games

Cleveland Browns
    -In the last 2 seasons they are 1-9 in the L5 games of the season
    Last edited by JuniorAnalyst; 07-13-12 at 10:37 PM.