Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Chris Simms in critical condition in hospital

Story is moving on google news wire. I watched most of the game and didn't think he took that many hits, but he did land very hard on his back on the TD run. Sad news.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlot...s/15599873.htm

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is sad news. I hope the kid is ok.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Turned out he had surgery for a ruptured spleen. He's currently in stable condition in a FL. hospital.

What really amazed me about this injury, is the fact he played thru it. You gotta give that kid credit for playing thru that pain.

anthon9283
    anthon9283's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hopefully he makes a quick recovery, it is never good to hear news like that.

I didn't see the game but it seems like he got beat up pretty bad. That kid is strong for sticking in there like that.

rezster
    rezster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23023

His spleen was removed, he is ok but will remain in the hospital for a few days.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I remember back in the early-mid 90s when this happened to Brett Hull.
    It's no joke when that happens.... Your window to live is almost nothing.
    Thank god he got the best treatment possible. It's scary he kept playing in the game (I thought he was dehydrated or something - like most people).
    I hope he recovers and to hell with how it impacts Tampa - I'm just happy, as a huge fan of the NFL, that he is OK.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    Turned out he had surgery for a ruptured spleen. He's currently in stable condition in a FL. hospital.

What really amazed me about this injury, is the fact he played thru it. You gotta give that kid credit for playing thru that pain.
    I agree with you Dan. I'm a Bucs fan and have cursed him a few times this season but I tip my hat to him for playing through that. His Pop was tough as hell too, I remember him taking just a brutal shot to the chin once. Couldn't believe he got up let alone played out the game.

Get well Chris, good luck in the recovery.

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

wishing him a speedy recovery! always sad to hear about big injuries.

Tricky
    Tricky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bucs have been cursed this year. If Simm's injury wasn't enough now the team will be under scrutiny for letting him continue to play with a life-threatening injury. Not saying they're at fault but you know people like to point fingers.

pokerpj06
    pokerpj06's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't see how the team could be under scrutiny for letting him play! It is not like they knew that he ruptured his spleen and let him keep playing.

Get well Chris!

ivyconniver
    ivyconniver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

At least it wasn't a kidney!