Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

CFL pick for tonight

1* Hamilton +12 -108

Hamilton beat Edmonton su last weekend and has always played edmonton tough in commonwealth. Hamilton head coach Ron Lancaster is always welcomed in Edmonton after his successful years coaching Edmonton and Commonwealth stadium is one of the least imposing stadiums to visit unless it is completely sold out which isn't likely.

Hamilton will have revenge as an added motivation after Edmonton linebacker AJ Gass took 2 cheap shots at Hamilton players last week. One was a kick to the head of receiver Brock Ralph.

Mass is finally starting to get on the same page with his receivers and the offensive line is rounding into form so I think Hamilton can at least keep this one close if not win it outright.
    Last edited by Hulu; 09-22-06 at 08:05 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thats the way i'd play this game as well bud.

unclejoe
    unclejoe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last week the Eskimo shut down the Tabbies in the second half

All 27 points came in the first half.

By then it was too late for Ricky Ray to catch up.

+12 is big but I see the Esks taking revenge and covering big time.

They are 4 points from that final playoff spot and have a chance.

Good luck everyone.

Hulu

You raise some good points unclejoe. But I think the cats can stay within striking distance in this one.

10-10 at the half and Edmonton is a bit lucky to have stopped Hamilton so many times in the red zone.. The cats have been a horrible second half team this year so it will be interesting to see if they can stay close. Their defence should be alright but the offence has a tendency to fold like a house of cards in the 3rd quarter.

Hulu

Final Score Hamilton 20 Edmonton 18.

Very entertaining game, coming right down to the last minute.

Its really impressive to see what John Salavantis has been able to do with the Hamilton offensive line since stepping out of the broadcast booth a few weeks ago. I had the opportunity to talk to him at length on a train ride with the team back from Montreal one year and the man is a strategic genius when it comes to blocking schemes. With all the injuries they have sustained this year, he has really made the line a strong point of the team.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Good call Hulu, what was the ML on that bad boy? +600 or thereabouts?

bigboydan

gotta like it hulu. congrats

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Nice pick Hulu. Unfortunately I had already bet Edmonton by the time I read your write up.

Hulu

I was too chicken to take the monry line but now I wish I had dropped just a little on it.

bigboydan

I can't fault you at all for not betting a little change on the ML bud. It's really hard to take a ML on a game like that.

unclejoe
    unclejoe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good call Hulu...especially on the meltdown.

I did ok with Calgary tonight but the Sunday games are pretty tough to call.

Hulu

Good for you on the Calgary game. I thought the point spread was just about right on that one so I was too timid to touch it.

I think BC looks tempting at +1 -112 @ Sask today. BC has won 7 games straight if I'm not mistaken. Of course Sask has beaten them twice this year. But BC will want to tie up the season series in case of a tie-breaker for playoff position.

And Winnipeg may keep it close in Montreal where they are 7 point dogs. But I am passing on both these games since there is more surefire NFL action today and its all about making units.

Good luck.

Hulu

Ahh what the hell...I'll take BC +1 -112 for a unit. I'll be watching that game in my rotation so it'll make it a bit more fun. And I think BC should be able to keep Sask under wraps.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Hulu, any thoughts on tonight's Montreal/Winnipeg game?