SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony Stoffo: Play Eagles -6 vs. 49ers

Play Eagles -6 vs. 49ers

Game Time: 9/24/2006 4:15:00 PM
    By: Tony Stoffo

The Eagles should rebound from last week's loss and cover the spread this Sunday in San Francisco versus the 49ers.

After blowing the game against the Giants last week, look for a very motivated Philadelphia team as they take the field against the 49ers in this one.

After dominating the Giants for three quarters, the Eagles for some reason decided to take the fourth quarter off and it cost them big time. Look for Andy Reid to have the Eagles ready to play a full 60 minutes here and dominate San Francisco in every aspect of the game.

Last year these two teams met and it was embarrassing as the Eagles blew away the 49ers, 42-3. In this game the Eagles amassed almost 600 yards in total offense. With what happened to them last week, I see the Eagles putting a big hurt on the 49ers here, making them the strong play.

Play: Eagles -6

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the 49er's in this game myself. I just don't see the Eagles controlling this game like you seem to think so.

War Pig
    War Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRforum Staff
    Play Eagles -6 vs. 49ers

Game Time: 9/24/2006 4:15:00 PM
    By: Tony Stoffo

The Eagles should rebound from last week's loss and cover the spread this Sunday in San Francisco versus the 49ers.

After blowing the game against the Giants last week, look for a very motivated Philadelphia team as they take the field against the 49ers in this one.

After dominating the Giants for three quarters, the Eagles for some reason decided to take the fourth quarter off and it cost them big time. Look for Andy Reid to have the Eagles ready to play a full 60 minutes here and dominate San Francisco in every aspect of the game.

Last year these two teams met and it was embarrassing as the Eagles blew away the 49ers, 42-3. In this game the Eagles amassed almost 600 yards in total offense. With what happened to them last week, I see the Eagles putting a big hurt on the 49ers here, making them the strong play.

[B]Play: Eagles -6

I agree 100% with your pick. The Birds are steaming mad and are looking to destroy the 49's
    The Birds in the past 2 meetings with the 49's totally smoked em and embarrassed them. I see this game being a blowout so I suggest you put your on the Birds BIG!!!!
    [/B]
    Last edited by War Pig; 09-20-06 at 01:28 PM.

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I like the 49er's in this game myself. I just don't see the Eagles controlling this game like you seem to think so.
    I agree. To suffer the kind of embarrassing and demoralizing loss the Eagles suffered last week, could resonate and linger for awhile. While I do not think the 49ers will win SU, I would definitely take the points. The Eagles are in no position this week to be laying points to anyone.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Bad coaching cost the Eagles that game. You can't play that conservatively in the NFL... Run, run, run punt.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think SF will control the ball with their running game and cover this week.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Quote Originally Posted by War Pig
    I agree 100% with your pick. The Birds are steaming mad and are looking to destroy the 49's
    The Birds in the past 2 meetings with the 49's totally smoked em and embarrassed them. I see this game being a blowout so I suggest you put your on the Birds BIG!!!![/COLOR]
    [/B]

You have to remember the 49ers that the Eagles faced the last 2 meetings are not the same ones they will face this weekend. These guys can actually out up the points and the stars like Smith, Gore, Davis, and an older Antonio Bryant will give the Eagles a tough game. Take the points +6.

anthon9283
    anthon9283's Avatar Become A Pro!

The 49er team is nothing close to last year. Probably half the team are all new starters lol. So many people overlook the 49ers but their offense has been pretty nice the first 2 games. I see it more of a close game than a blowout. I am a 49er fan so Ill be cheering for them, but after that ugly lose the Eagles had I think they have something to prove this week.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

San Fran was pretty good last year at home, going I think 5-3 ATS, and that could have been even better since they lost late against the NY Giants and Arizona. Only Indy blew them out at home. Was kicking myself for not playing them last week at home against the Rams. I think the 49ers can cover or even win this.

Anyone who played Philly last week (me) would have a hard time playing this team again.