SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alex Smart: Kc-DEN Over 40

Alex Smart: KC-DEN Over 40

By: Alex Smart
    http://www.who2beton.com

The over/under line of 40 is too low for the Chiefs and Broncos who meet Sunday in Denver.

Kansas City enters into this Week 2 contest against the Denver Broncos in the Mile High City without their starting QB Trent Green after the veteran suffered a ugly looking concussion in the Chiefs' first game of the season.

His replacement, Damon Huard, is a more than capable replacement and is 5-1 in his six lifetime (.833) pro starts. With targets like TE Tony Gonzalez and WR Eddie Kennison in the offensive scheme, and RB Larry Johnson in the backfield, Huard will armed and capable of putting points on the board.

The Broncos on the other hand will be primed for some redemption after being beaten 18-10 by the Rams in Week 1 action as 4-point road favs. Denver will come out here with all guns blazing behind the arm of Jake Plummer in an attempt to erase last week's disappointing opening. Jake the Snake has a 98.6% passer rating vs the Chiefs in his career.

Bottom line: The total on this tilt was pushed down because of the Chiefs' loss at QB and their below average offensive showing at home last week. So considering the above mentioned data, we are getting what I believe is a favorable number.

Play: Chiefs-Broncos Over 40

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Nice write-up. I'm still nervous about playing any over in the NFL at this point...or college for that matter.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Without Green playing this weekend, I'm not sure if Kansas City can score at all. I'll most likely pass on this game myself, but I'd probably take the under myself if i had to play it that is.