who likes the detroit here getting 9.5?

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Chicago su and Detroit +9.5

JohnnyBoy928
    JohnnyBoy928's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I like detroit +9.5

WILLIAMS GUARANTEES A WIN??? Can you believe this? hahahah

We have our first meaningless guarantee of the NFL season, something that normally does not come until around early November. In a foolish rant that would make fellow Detroit resident Rasheed Wallace proud, Lions wideout Roy Williams said of the team's upcoming trip to Chicago, "We will win this game. Y'all can take that as a guarantee or whatnot, but we will win this game."

Williams must be counting on the Lions defense to pitch a shutout against the Bears. Otherwise, he's lost his mind.

"I'm just saying that when we play the way we are supposed to play, there's not a defense in the NFL that is going to stop us." Williams said.

"If we play that way against the Bears, and we should, we'll win."

WHO'S HOT
    Defensive end James Hall had a career day against Seattle, recording two sacks and blocking a field goal.

WHO'S NOT
    Wide receiver Mike Williams barely made the roster this year, and he wasn't activated for the team's Week 1 opener against Seattle.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

That's a LOT of points to give up to an up and coming team that could win as many as 8 games this year.
    I think the Lions are better than advertised, but not nearly as good as the believers believe (like the cardinals last year, or dallas this year).
    I think that many points with the Lions D is pretty safe... This is a rivalry game, also.
    I think Chicago is young enough to not take the Lions seriously enough - and in a divisional game, you can still win, but not cover in that spot.

The Lions also have a couple of playmakers on both sides of the ball -- it's hard to bet against teams with that many playmakers when you're getting 9 1/2.
    I could be wrong, though. I don't know if the 'quit' is out of the Lions, yet. I think it is going, but they will sure show a lot of where they are at this week.

tomcast
    tomcast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

Detroit plus the points

Duffy
    Duffy's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Bears win it but no way do I risk any of the old lady's money on them with that many points to give away. My prediction is 13-7 and both TD scored by defense or special teams. Any more Bear fans in this forum?

MPMEYER1982
    MPMEYER1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Does 38-6 ring a bell?????? Oh yeah, that is how BAD we destroyed Detroit in Chicago last year. Is Jon Kitna an upgrade over Joey Harrington, I don't think so. Is the Lions D that much better than last year, nope wrong again. The Bears won't take this game lightly and honestly, there is no one in this forum that can convince that this game will be close. 6 points at HOME against a good but not great Seahawk D (and trust me, I watched the game) leaves a liitle to be desired. Oh yeah, how bout the Lions fans booing Kitna and their poorous offense during the Seahawk game. A bad QB, mediocre RB and 1 good WR isn't going to be enough to be able to even compete with the Bears on Sunday. Go ahead and bet the Lions, but after they get destoyed, don't be suprised if you find me here telling you "I told you so."
    Last edited by MPMEYER1982; 09-13-06 at 09:46 PM.

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wasnt going to take the bears minus these points...that is until Williams guaranteed victory. If the bears were looking forward to the vikings they arent anymore. and that vaunted bears defense is going to try and take heads off in this game. I dont think the lions defense is as good as advertised, i just think seattles offense is not as good as last year. The seahawks will drop off this year just like all the past superbowl losers, and the bears win this game by AT LEAST 10. mark it down. Everyone is going to lose money on this game picking the lions and picking the saints. Mark my words.

John Galt1
    John Galt1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Legendz has the Bears at -8. The Bears are the play here even if Detroit is a far better team than last year.

MercJr
    MercJr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears don't impress me. Ill take the points.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

The Lions a the +9.5. The ML could also be a good value play. Lions win this one 24-14.

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't understand why the PUBLIC is on this game so strongly. That scares me. The public likes a dog? The public likes the Lions? That seems strange. Is it because of Roy's comments?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Dollars
    I don't understand why the PUBLIC is on this game so strongly. That scares me. The public likes a dog? The public likes the Lions? That seems strange. Is it because of Roy's comments?
    I would say its more for the Lions defensive performance last week against the Seahawks. Plus it was on national TV in the West region, not sure in other markets. So they got exposure.

So with them playing a less offensive threat in the Bears, them points look good.

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is a good point. I was at the Chicago vs. Green Bay game, however and the Bears looked damn good.

(actually Green Bay just looked damn bad, but I am still in denial).

GO LIONS

MPMEYER1982

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    The Lions a the +9.5. The ML could also be a good value play. Lions win this one 24-14.
    I hope you aren't serious. What advantage do the Lions have against the Bears???? Offense, lol nope don't think so, 6 points at HOME against a worse defense. Defense, lmao not even close. You know why the Lions suck and will continue to suck, they draft STUPID players. For example, Roy Williams. This stupid SOB tells the whole world that they will go into Chicago and beat the Bears. Why would you piss off a much better team on their homefield????? What in God's name is he thinking? Must he not forget, Chicago beat Detroit 38-6 at Soldier Field last year and swept the series winning in Detroit. Their QB is terrible, RB is soft and WR's are suspect (even though they draft a new WR with their 1st round pick every year). Defense isn't much better than last year. You all can bet Detroit, but when they get the shit kicked out of them again, don't act suprised.

alta
    alta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

Looking at week 1 performances and the consistency of the Chicago defense I will ignore the side and play the total under.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Is Jon Kitna an upgrade over Joey Harrington, I don't think so.
    Kitna is an experienced NFL vet who has won for several NFL teams. Harrington will be out of the NFL in 2-3 years and will never start again, barring an injury to someone's #1 QB.

Kitna is better than Grossman. Watch who is still starting in week 16. Grossman doesn't survive this season as the Bears starting QB. Grossman may get pulled before Sunday is over.

Is the Lions D that much better than last year, nope wrong again.
    Why? They are healthier, better coached and more experienced. Besides, last year they weren't that bad despite their problems. This year they look sharp with a new coaching staff & scheme. Didn't you watch last week's game? Are you saying that Seattle is weak on offense?

6 points at HOME against a good but not great Seahawk D (and trust me, I watched the game) leaves a liitle to be desired.
    Oh. So Seattle is weak on offense AND defense. Seattle, the team that might have won the Super Bowl if not for a couple questionable calls. Get over yourself and give Seattle credit for having a decent team.

MPMEYER1982

I know it's late, but yeah I told you so. That's all I am going to say.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I knew the Bears would win, but thought for sure Detroit would cover. Good call MP.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I guess the 'quit' is still in Detroit.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

The Lions will win 24-14 in Detroit.