Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

IF the Giants Win with Eli Manning

where does he stand on your elite QB's list that are active, QB's since 2000, All-Time QB's?

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

5th for active, not worth ranking yet for all time (lot of career left), top 10 for 2000s

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Won't happen so who cares. Giants won't make the playoffs next year neither.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Wtf is up with people and Eli Manning. Yes this is Eli Mannings best season. Lets consider this with Eli Manning. He has never lead the league in any statistic but interceptions (twice). His team has missed the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. I'll grant you that that might not be on the quarterback, but when a team misses the playoffs in a year the quarterback leads the NFL in interceptions, you have to at least bring it up. Where was he in the clutch those years? That's the 'playoff game' fallacy. Wins to get you into the playoffs don't count. It's like there are no big games until January. That's just not reality. Since 2005 (Eli's first full year as a starter), he ranks 4th in TD passes, 1st in INTs, 17th in passer rating, 13th in YPA, and 23rd in completion %. Bottom line Eli Manning is a very good occasionally great qb but not one of the all time greats.
    Points Awarded:

k13 gave beerman2619 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: k13, JAKEPEAVY21, and SportsPedagogy

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

beerman always so bitter it makes me giggle, how about them Cowboys

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Eli will never be held on a pedestal like his brother Peyton. It will actually be funny if he ends up with more Super Bowl wins than Peyton.

HedBustah1
    HedBustah1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Wtf is up with people and Eli Manning. Yes this is Eli Mannings best season. Lets consider this with Eli Manning. He has never lead the league in any statistic but interceptions (twice). His team has missed the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. I'll grant you that that might not be on the quarterback, but when a team misses the playoffs in a year the quarterback leads the NFL in interceptions, you have to at least bring it up. Where was he in the clutch those years? That's the 'playoff game' fallacy. Wins to get you into the playoffs don't count. It's like there are no big games until January. That's just not reality. Since 2005 (Eli's first full year as a starter), he ranks 4th in TD passes, 1st in INTs, 17th in passer rating, 13th in YPA, and 23rd in completion %. Bottom line Eli Manning is a very good occasionally great qb but not one of the all time greats.

I'd rather have a qb that helped the team win championships instead of an all time great with no rings ala Dan Marino

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Sharp

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2392

Eli's got a chance to join this group.... not bad company

Bart Starr
    Bob Griese
    Roger Staubach
    Jim Plunkett
    John Elway
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Troy Aikman
    Tom Brady
    Terry Bradshaw
    Joe Montana

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

He raises his level of play in the playoffs. Regular season he is above average, post season he has been great and clutch.

jeffbrownperson
    jeffbrownperson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eli Manning is one good player. I can attest to that one and really say that he does a good work in lifting up the Giants to the superbowl again. I'm sure he'll be a sure ball hall of famer!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would put him in the ranks of Ben Roethlisberger..........

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Aaron Rodgers
    5. Eli Manning

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

around number 17 for the 2000s

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Aaron Rodgers
    5. Eli Manning

3 and 4 are interchangeable.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

Quote Originally Posted by DemoralizdDreamr View Post
    3 and 4 are interchangeable.
    Yep, I put Brees above Rodgers because he has been in the league longer with experience and has two seasons with 5000 passing yards.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady

Dutchie

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    around number 17 for the 2000s

come on he's gotta be top 10

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

well i'll say one thing, he's not fumbling the ball and throwing interceptions like a mofo like last year. still not buying it though. eli against tom brady just seems downright unfair.

Dutchie

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    eli against tom brady just seems downright unfair.
    yeah but you gotta ask yourself, does it seem more or less fair then when Eli and Brady last met in a Feb game?

if I recall Eli outperformed Brady on the way to a super bowl ring and MVP trophy, just saying

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

He is in the top 7, that's it.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1860

Lost in the first round of playoffs three times, missed the playoffs three times out of what 8 years.

Has a chance to make playoffs, throws 4 int's against Packers and 25 for the season and people call you clutch.

Why? Because some loser who's out of the league already catches a miracle on his helmet, because he throws up prayers with his eyes closed that end up touchdowns, because kyle williams gifts him a super bowl.

He's on pace to break Favre's interception record......

You throw the ball up so many times something has to hit once in a while.
    Points Awarded:

eidolon gave k13 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

All I know is that Eli's delivered this year, definitely top 7 QB at the moment.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

These arguments always go back and forth. In order to answer your question about where he is right now in terms of quaterbacks ask yourself how many teams, and fans, would swap their QB for Eli?

While you will have lots of resistence from fans from dallas claiming romo is better, or maybe some Philly fans claiming vick is better (probably not anymore, although Philly fan's aren't known to be the brightest). There literally should only be 4 teams that wouldn't want him: Patriots with Brady, Saints with Drew Brees, Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers, and while I would still want Eli over Ben Rapistburger with his rings no way that Pittsburg needs any qb. If your indi right now Peyton is to big of a question mark. He didn't play this year, and he may not play or may not be the same again, especially if he is worried that he might reinjure his neck.

Don't get why people love to hate on Eli after what he does, but for all you eli haters I hope the Giants win so that you can hear about him all off season and hate even more.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    5th for active, not worth ranking yet for all time (lot of career left), top 10 for 2000s
    Only post that logically makes sense..

Why the **** do people always compare apples with oranges..

Why are you comparing PEyton, or Brady WHEN THEY CLEARLY PLAYED LIKE 5 YEARS MORE THEN ELI..

If you want to talk about pure numbers, leave it till everyone's career is done...

Eli has a "chance" to be great, and a chance to be a shitty like Trent Dilfer..

Ultimately at the end though, whoever here said that the # you put up in January and superbowl is the ultimate thing is true, there's no arguing about it..

There's no bigger stage then the superbowl, how you perform in the superbowl and what you do once you are inthe playoffs takes bigger stage in weighing how good a QB is then regular seasons stat padding AKA Tony Romo..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Manning wins he definitely goes ahead of his brother

A no brainer.basically not stat wise yet but winning wise and more clutch

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If Manning wins he definitely goes ahead of his brother

A no brainer.basically not stat wise yet but winning wise and more clutch
    noone ever except for giant fans would consider him better than peyton

FlaxMartin
    FlaxMartin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5146

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Lost in the first round of playoffs three times, missed the playoffs three times out of what 8 years.

Has a chance to make playoffs, throws 4 int's against Packers and 25 for the season and people call you clutch.

Why? Because some loser who's out of the league already catches a miracle on his helmet, because he throws up prayers with his eyes closed that end up touchdowns, because kyle williams gifts him a super bowl.

He's on pace to break Favre's interception record......

You throw the ball up so many times something has to hit once in a while.
    How did things go when you said everyone should pound packers-10 against them giants? Not so good right? And didnīt you say everyone shouldīve pounded them because of eli? You are such a wonderful person K13.

Chong Wizard
    Chong Wizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

If Giants win the Superbowl wouldn't it be most likely that Eli would get Superbowl MVP? Therefore wouldn't it be smarter to take Eli to win SB MVP at +210 than taking the Giants ML at +125??? Also if Pats win Brady winning MVP better odds then Pats ML.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by Chong Wizard View Post
    If Giants win the Superbowl wouldn't it be most likely that Eli would get Superbowl MVP? Therefore wouldn't it be smarter to take Eli to win SB MVP at +210 than taking the Giants ML at +125??? Also if Pats win Brady winning MVP better odds then Pats ML.
    Was just writing about this in another thread and just put in my play on Eli to win the MVP at +225, solid value IMO.

Chong Wizard
    Chong Wizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Was just writing about this in another thread and just put in my play on Eli to win the MVP at +225, solid value IMO.
    Might have to put a lil money on that play too odog11

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1860

Quote Originally Posted by FlaxMartin View Post
    How did things go when you said everyone should pound packers-10 against them giants? Not so good right? And didnīt you say everyone shouldīve pounded them because of eli? You are such a wonderful person K13.
    Not because of Eli, more like the game being fixed but Packers failed anyway.

I don't think the gambling gods are going to let me cash this 100-1 ticket so fire away at Giants if you'd like.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

IF my aunt was my uncle she would have a set of nuts too...eli manning always looks like he needs a road map out there for the first 3 quarters...pats ml is a layup...mods please close thread.

FlaxMartin
    FlaxMartin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5146

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Not because of Eli, more like the game being fixed but Packers failed anyway.

I don't think the gambling gods are going to let me cash this 100-1 ticket so fire away at Giants if you'd like.

And you claimed your 100-1 shot after the game? Right? Or maybe I am
    offside right now. Just a fail-thread start by you.

millflavor
    millflavor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5255

there is no stage too big for eli

12 Last