SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

can somebody explain to me what greatness Eli displayed vs the 49ers ? He sure is getting alot of credit for getting to the superbowl even though he was pretty much worthless in that NFC championship game.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    can somebody explain to me what greatness Eli displayed vs the 49ers ? He sure is getting alot of credit for getting to the superbowl even though he was pretty much worthless in that NFC championship game.
    . He only threw for 316 yards and 2 touchdowns in pouring rain. The second TD was on 3rd and long late in the game for the go ahead score. No big deal.......

millflavor
    millflavor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5255

Quote Originally Posted by nyed1010 View Post
    . He only threw for 316 yards and 2 touchdowns in pouring rain. The second TD was on 3rd and long late in the game for the go ahead score. No big deal.......
    and despite all those conditions he didn't fumble or throw an int... that would have cost the giants the game

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

He threw for 316 yards on 58 passes .... Alex smith threw for 196 yards and 2 touchdowns on 26 passes in the same condition. I understand he threw a 17 yard touchdown in the 4th quarter, but that play was set up off of the ball hitting the punt returner (following a Giants 3 and out.) They got the ball at the 49ers 29 yard line.

Quote Originally Posted by millflavor View Post

and despite all those conditions he didn't fumble or throw an int... that would have cost the giants the game
    Come on now, there were atleast two passes that were in the defenders hands that he dropped cause he got hit by his own teammate. Eli was very lucky. Also, he did fumble, it was just recovered by the offense.

I know you guys are die hard Eli fans, but you really need to give more credit to the rest of your team, they carried him that game.

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I'm not sure you can handicap if you can't appreciate what he did in that game. Look how many times he was absolutely blown up by the Niners defense and kept coming back. Nobody all year long put up many points on that defense and some teams got flat out skunked by them (the Bengals and Steelers come to mind and neither of them have lousy playmakers on offense). I can't wait to see Eli take another one from Brady and the Pats.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2344

Eli has come so far since his first two years. I think people forget how bad he was. His rookie year made Tim tebow look like john elway in comparison

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    These arguments always go back and forth. In order to answer your question about where he is right now in terms of quaterbacks ask yourself how many teams, and fans, would swap their QB for Eli?

While you will have lots of resistence from fans from dallas claiming romo is better, or maybe some Philly fans claiming vick is better (probably not anymore, although Philly fan's aren't known to be the brightest). There literally should only be 4 teams that wouldn't want him: Patriots with Brady, Saints with Drew Brees, Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers, and while I would still want Eli over Ben Rapistburger with his rings no way that Pittsburg needs any qb. If your indi right now Peyton is to big of a question mark. He didn't play this year, and he may not play or may not be the same again, especially if he is worried that he might reinjure his neck.

Don't get why people love to hate on Eli after what he does, but for all you eli haters I hope the Giants win so that you can hear about him all off season and hate even more.
    Here are the teams that wouldn't want to trade for him (12 teams):
    Greenbay
    New Orleans
    New England
    Detroit
    Dallas
    Houston
    Atlanta
    Pittsburgh
    San Diego
    Philadelphia
    Carolina
    St. Louis

nyed1010

He threw for 316 yards on 58 passes .... Alex smith threw for 196 yards and 2 touchdowns on 26 passes in the same condition. I understand he threw a 17 yard touchdown in the 4th quarter, but that play was set up off of the ball hitting the punt returner (following a Giants 3 and out.) They got the ball at the 49ers 29 yard line.

Come on now, there were atleast two passes that were in the defenders hands that he dropped cause he got hit by his own teammate. Eli was very lucky. Also, he did fumble, it was just recovered by the offense.

I know you guys are die hard Eli fans, but you really need to give more credit to the rest of your team, they carried him that game.
    the fact that he was asked to throw the ball 58 times in horrible weather conditions shows you the Giants' reliance on Eli to have any production offensively. We forget the game was on the road against one of the best defenses in the league. The fact is the Giants do not win that game without Eli Manning. You cannot say that about any other individual Giants player.

nyed1010

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Greenbay
    New Orleans
    New England
    Detroit
    Dallas
    Houston
    Atlanta
    Pittsburgh
    San Diego
    Philadelphia
    Carolina
    St. Louis
    Is this a serious list? I'll give you New Orleans, New England, Detroit(borderline, though I will say Matt Stafford is very good no question), Pittsburgh, and San Diego(borderline, especially after this season with how much Rivers struggled). You've got to be kidding me with the other 6. You're telling me Dallas wouldn't trade the choke artist for Mr. Clutch? Even when Schaub stays healthy(which is never), Eli is better. Vick is one of the most overrated QBs in the league. Cam Newton, let's calm down about the rookie. He could be good, or he turns out to be Akili Smith. The most comical team on the list is St.Louis . He's in the same boat as Cam, young QBs with minimal success. Who in the world would keep those guys over a proven winner?

eidolon
    USA

Is this a serious list? I'll give you New Orleans, New England, Detroit(borderline, though I will say Matt Stafford is very good no question), Pittsburgh, and San Diego(borderline, especially after this season with how much Rivers struggled). You've got to be kidding me with the other 6. You're telling me Dallas wouldn't trade the choke artist for Mr. Clutch? Even when Schaub stays healthy(which is never), Eli is better. Vick is one of the most overrated QBs in the league. Cam Newton, let's calm down about the rookie. He could be good, or he turns out to be Akili Smith. The most comical team on the list is St.Louis . He's in the same boat as Cam, young QBs with minimal success. Who in the world would keep those guys over a proven winner?
    proven hail-mary artist you mean?

nyed1010

proven hail-mary artist you mean?
    are you still mad about Tyree? Is that what this is all about?

eidolon
    USA

actually he did it again in this playoffs

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Top 10 sure. Not top 5.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

only great thing he did was take some short fields to score and not be stupid, held onto the ball and took hits and sacks instead of forcing it and turning it over. so.... waited for his D or special teams to win it, and it worked.

but still, qb gets credit for TEAM WIN. just like that pos Brady.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

The fact is the Giants do not win that game without Eli Manning. You cannot say that about any other individual Giants player.
    This goes for almost every NFL team also. Take out the QB, team crumbles.

nyed1010

actually he did it again in this playoffs
    oh right against the falcons this year. Good thing you brought it up, you've just added to the greatness of Eli Manning. Eli Manning will go down as a top 5 QB of all time. He just does everything. From short passes to hail marys. The guy does it all.

nyed1010

Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    This goes for almost every NFL team also. Take out the QB, team crumbles.
    you're absolutely right . The texans crumbled when Schaub and Leinart went down and the packers were horrible with Flynn

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greenbay
    New Orleans
    New England
    Detroit
    Dallas
    Houston
    Atlanta
    Pittsburgh
    San Diego
    Philadelphia
    Carolina
    St. Louis
    Dude I'm not even going to justify your list or where you got it from, but what's your personal vendetta against Eli Manning? Whether you consider him lucky or not, dude is a Superbowl MVP, Superbowl Winner, and has a winning record in the playoffs. I think 7-3 thus far. No wonder why he compares himself to Brady, very smart guy!

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

there is no IF son, get it right

MHawk
    MHawk's Avatar Become A Pro!

People write him off and think hes a pussy because hes quiet, which has nothing to do with his ability to play QB

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

5th or 6th of current QBs.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by MHawk View Post
    People write him off and think hes a pussy because hes quiet, which has nothing to do with his ability to play QB
    He takes a beating better than pretty much any other QB in the league, looks can be deceiving

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I agree he's pretty tough. Up there with Cutler, Rapelisthberger

eidolon
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post

Dude I'm not even going to justify your list or where you got it from, but what's your personal vendetta against Eli Manning? Whether you consider him lucky or not, dude is a Superbowl MVP, Superbowl Winner, and has a winning record in the playoffs. I think 7-3 thus far. No wonder why he compares himself to Brady, very smart guy!
    He is a good QB. But he is also one of the luckiest QBs I've ever seen. This is coming from a NY Giants fan since the 80s. If you ever have a chance to watch all his games in the playoffs, you will see how many times he was lucky he wasn't intercepted, or where a hailmary pass is caught that changes the game. The fact that he got MVP during that Superbowl was BS; Tyree should have gotten it or someone else the Defense because looked so good that game (maybe Tuck who had 5 tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble).

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is a good QB. But he is also one of the luckiest QBs I've ever seen. This is coming from a NY Giants fan since the 80s. If you ever have a chance to watch all his games in the playoffs, you will see how many times he was lucky he wasn't intercepted, or where a hailmary pass is caught that changes the game. The fact that he got MVP during that Superbowl was BS; Tyree should have gotten it or someone else the Defense because looked so good that game (maybe Tuck who had 5 tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble).
    Tyree's catch was big, but the scrambling by Manning to not get sacked and still get that pass off was bigger.

HedBustah1
    HedBustah1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Eli has come so far since his first two years. I think people forget how bad he was. His rookie year made Tim tebow look like john elway in comparison
    he only started 6 games his rookie year and his 1st full season as a starter he won the division

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

ummm..ok.

He is a good QB. But he is also one of the luckiest QBs I've ever seen. This is coming from a NY Giants fan since the 80s.
    I don't believe you. I'm not the biggest fan, but something is telling me, you're trying to pull a fast one...
    Attached Images  

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1884

A quarterback is as good as his receivers.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by HedBustah1 View Post

he only started 6 games his rookie year and his 1st full season as a starter he won the division
    2nd year sucked too

eidolon
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post

I don't believe you. I'm not the biggest fan, but something is telling me, you're trying to pull a fast one...
    Giants and Bears have been my NFL teams for the last 25 or so years

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

Greenbay
    New Orleans
    New England
    Detroit
    Dallas
    Houston