PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Interesting fact about Eli for this game vs 49ers

"64.4: Eli Manning's QB Rating when he was faced with four or fewer pass rushers. That says a lot. It says his rating suffers when we can afford to keep a lot of players back in coverage, which is why their run game and getting men into the box helps him. It's also very encouraging for us, since we routinely send only 4 pass rushers, usually our 3 DL and one of our LBs. (courtesy of ESPN through SB49er4life)"

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard...d.php?t=127617

^^Just researching a bit for this game tonight and that stat hit me pretty hard. The only way Green Bay was able to get any pressure was to unload and blitz multiple people. Packers can't do shit rushing only 4. Eli thrives in that setting when there are fewer people in coverage. However, he doesn't when teams are able to send 4 and get pressure with just 4 (and against more defenders in coverage), like the 49ers are so good at and run routinely on defense.

Just wanted to relay this find. I thought it was interesting and thread worthy.

fud007
    fud007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

wow if that stat is accurate it makes me very nervous about the bet I just placed on the Giants lol

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Thats pretty much common sense....teams normally blitz the hell out of scrub QBs and they lay back in coverage against the good ones. Eli is Eli....I'm guessing he'll play well but throw atleast 1 dumb interception. The bigger question to me is how will Alex Smith hold up? Greg Williams got himself fired by blitzing so much that he let Vernon Davis run wild. The Giants don't have to blitz to get pressure. I'm hoping Crabtree plays like he did last week and NY is in pretty good shape imo. It should be a good battle either way. I did notice Braylon Edwards, Ted Ginn, and Delanie Walker caught 12 balls for 155 yards last time and Edwards is gone, Ginn is questionable, and Walker has been out too and is just coming back.

Adm. Cowpollock
    Adm. Cowpollock's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is interesting. For today you have to take into account the weather -- a slippery field is going to slow the pass rush.

A rainy day is going to give Eli a little more time ... to throw into a 20 mph wind gust.