RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants at 49ers: Don't overthink things

I see a lot of people giving props to the 49ers for beating the Saints... true, the scoreboard says they beat the Saints. But did they beat the Saints in the dome or the Saints on the road? Because the Saints in the dome are the best team in the NFL over the last few years. The Saints on the road are a below average football team over the last few years. Which one did the 49ers beat again? What did the Seahawks do to this mediocre Saints' road team last year? Seems to me they destroyed them and then they were down 28-0 to the Bears a few minutes into the next game.

49ers aren't going to get smashed here... but if you honestly are trusting Alex Smith on a rainy day against one of the league's best front 4... you shouldn't be gambling. Not to mention, when was the last time the Giants lost a road playoff game? You don't win 4 straight road playoff games by accident. I can guarantee you that. You also don't outscore the Falcons/Packers 61-22 by accident either. The only way the 49ers win this game is if they rack up 3+ turnovers. Some might say that if Brees can get picked off multiple times than certainly Eli can... but remember this... Brees isn't that good on the road. Eli is better on the road.

Good luck guys. Should be a fun game, but if you bet on the 49ers and need Smith in the 4th quarter against a real defense, you know you aren't going to feel too good.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Blah, blah, blah. However, but, yet...whatever man. SF beat them once and they can beat them again. In Alex, the offense, the defense, the special teams, and the home field I trust. You can play connect the dots all you want.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

But look at who the Giants have beaten in their 4 game win streak. The messed up Jets and Mark Sanchez, the beat up Romo and the Boys, the soft Falcon team, and a team in GB that could not hold on to the rock. All of sudden a lot people think the Giants are the best thing since sliced bread. Yeah, the Gmen beat New England on the road, but look at some of their losses. Twice to the deadskins, Seattle at home, and barely beat the Bills and Doplhins at home. I watched that Jet game, and the Jets were dominating the line of scrimage until Cruz broke loose for 99 yard td. Changed the whole complexion of that game. I also think it will be a close game. I am not sold on Smith, but him and Davis stepped up big time against the Saints. That should give him the confidence against the Gmen. One thing I worry about though, is the Niner's receiving core- Giants clearly have the advantage there. Should be a good game- Playing the Niners on the money line.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

playoff favs of -2.5 or less are 6-9 SU and 4-11 ATS since '01-'02 season. Coughlin/Manning NYG are 19-12 SU and 21-10 ATS as a Road Dog.

psufan
    psufan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4599

SF beat them without gore. Nuff said.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFavorites$$$ View Post
    I see a lot of people giving props to the 49ers for beating the Saints... true, the scoreboard says they beat the Saints. But did they beat the Saints in the dome or the Saints on the road? Because the Saints in the dome are the best team in the NFL over the last few years. The Saints on the road are a below average football team over the last few years. Which one did the 49ers beat again? What did the Seahawks do to this mediocre Saints' road team last year? Seems to me they destroyed them and then they were down 28-0 to the Bears a few minutes into the next game.

49ers aren't going to get smashed here... but if you honestly are trusting Alex Smith on a rainy day against one of the league's best front 4... you shouldn't be gambling. Not to mention, when was the last time the Giants lost a road playoff game? You don't win 4 straight road playoff games by accident. I can guarantee you that. You also don't outscore the Falcons/Packers 61-22 by accident either. The only way the 49ers win this game is if they rack up 3+ turnovers. Some might say that if Brees can get picked off multiple times than certainly Eli can... but remember this... Brees isn't that good on the road. Eli is better on the road.

Good luck guys. Should be a fun game, but if you bet on the 49ers and need Smith in the 4th quarter against a real defense, you know you aren't going to feel too good.

at some of these posts. Actually with bad weather son i think the 49ers will rely on there running game and defense. Amazing as i watched the Packers vs Giants game i saw the Packers give the game away. I saw the Falcons miss quite a few scoring chances especially on a couple 4 and inches play. The layoff screwed the Packers more then the Giants great defense as people think. The only game i was impressed with Giants defense was against Falcons. Romo play basically with a broken hand and still didn't play to bad against this great defense. Fact is the Giants defense was ranked 25th in the league this season. 49ers 2nd ranked defense. Giants offense 9 ranked 49ers 10th ranked. Should be a great game but people on the Giants thinking this is a aren't the brightest bulbs in the bunch.

RoadFavorites$$$

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    at some of these posts. Actually with bad weather son i think the 49ers will rely on there running game and defense. Amazing as i watched the Packers vs Giants game i saw the Packers give the game away. I saw the Falcons miss quite a few scoring chances especially on a couple 4 and inches play. The layoff screwed the Packers more then the Giants great defense as people think. The only game i was impressed with Giants defense was against Falcons. Romo play basically with a broken hand and still didn't play to bad against this great defense. Fact is the Giants defense was ranked 25th in the league this season. 49ers 2nd ranked defense. Giants offense 9 ranked 49ers 10th ranked. Should be a great game but people on the Giants thinking this is a aren't the brightest bulbs in the bunch.
    When did I say it was a lock. By the way, you have already embarrassed yourself by thinking that the Saints on the road are 1/1000th the team they are at home in the dome.

The 49ers barely beat a bad Saints' road team despite having 5 turnovers. How does that inspire confidence? The Saints are not good on the road. I don't know how much easier I can make it.

RoadFavorites$$$

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    But look at who the Giants have beaten in their 4 game win streak. The messed up Jets and Mark Sanchez, the beat up Romo and the Boys, the soft Falcon team, and a team in GB that could not hold on to the rock. All of sudden a lot people think the Giants are the best thing since sliced bread. Yeah, the Gmen beat New England on the road, but look at some of their losses. Twice to the deadskins, Seattle at home, and barely beat the Bills and Doplhins at home. I watched that Jet game, and the Jets were dominating the line of scrimage until Cruz broke loose for 99 yard td. Changed the whole complexion of that game. I also think it will be a close game. I am not sold on Smith, but him and Davis stepped up big time against the Saints. That should give him the confidence against the Gmen. One thing I worry about though, is the Niner's receiving core- Giants clearly have the advantage there. Should be a good game- Playing the Niners on the money line.
    Well, under that logic, the 49ers lost at home to putrid Romo in the 4th quarter... Now they will be facing the best 4th quarter QB in the league tomorrow. If they get burnt by one of the worst 4th quarter QBs, their defense can certainly be burnt by the best.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFavorites$$$ View Post
    Well, under that logic, the 49ers lost at home to putrid Romo in the 4th quarter... Now they will be facing the best 4th quarter QB in the league tomorrow. If they get burnt by one of the worst 4th quarter QBs, their defense can certainly be burnt by the best.

The best 4th Quarter QB in the league? I'll take Brady and Brees over Manning any day.

SoonerC
    SoonerC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

If the Saints only turn the ball over 4 times instead of 5 this thread does not exist, the Giants are the play here.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Your user name is a bad way to gamble.

Always avoid betting on road favorites.

primetime408
    primetime408's Avatar Become A Pro!

why is everyone making a big deal about the rain? what do you think NY plays in?? people make it seem like the Giants play their games in the Sahara and the Niners live in the mud. and I believe he meant by this years stats, Eli is the best QB in the 4th. I'd personally take Brady over Eli, but that's about it. There's a reason why Gregg Williams is no longer a Saint. His defense on that final drive was laughable at best. Smith won't have the luxury of reading a book in the pocket all night long as he did against the Saints. When you're leading sack leader is your SS you know there's a problem. This game is far from a lock, but the NYG will win IMO.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

The smart money is on Ravens/Giants this weekend. Makes me feel good since these are the two teams I'm playing, and I have a Ravens future and Ravens/NYG Superbowl rematch.

P.S. Giants are 3-0 in the NFC Conference Championship games. Here's to being 4-0.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    The smart money is on Ravens/Giants this weekend. Makes me feel good since these are the two teams I'm playing....
    I hope your taking the points because the last time both road teams won SU was in the 1997 season.

Green Bay 23
    San Fran 10

Denver 24
    Pittsburgh 21

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    I hope your taking the points because the last time both road teams won SU was in the 1997 season.

Green Bay 23
    San Fran 10

Denver 24
    Pittsburgh 21
    Both dogs won last week in the NFC Conference.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Both dogs won last week in the NFC Conference.
    Home teams were 3-1

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Your user name is a bad way to gamble.

Always avoid betting on road favorites.
    thats a stupid recommendation. check team trends when considering Road Favs. Belicheck/Brady Patriots are 41-12 SU and 33-20 ATS as Road Favs since '01. as a whole the league finishes near 50%.