SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chiefs, Texans A Real Yawner

By: Ross Benjamin
    http://www.rbenjaminsports.com
    8/12/2006 9:44:01 AM

With injuries to projected starters and new faces unfamiliar with offensive schemes, look for KC-Houston to be low scoring.

This game will be as vanilla as they come.

The Texans have nine projected starters that are unlikely to see action due to injury or lack of practice time as a result of injury. The Chiefs will play Trent Green one or two series at the most. Their backup quarterbacks, Damon Huard and rookie Brodie Croyle, are both hurt and will not be available. Jeff Smoke was signed this week; however, he is not familiar with the playbook. Herman Edwards has stated that he will run the ball every play if need be. Their top two running backs, Priest Holmes and Michael Bennett, are also banged up and won’t see action. The Chiefs will be vastly improved on defense with some good offseason acquisitions to bolster the unit.

This one will put you to sleep.

Play: UNDER 35.5

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

no doubt about it, this one is a true yawner alright. i'll probly watch bits an peices of this game tonight, but won't be wagering on it thats for sure.

i guess if somebody put a gun to my head, and i had to play it i'd probly go with KC