Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Safer bet Detroit -4.5 or Carolina +7.5?

Detroit plays the packers that are not playing for anything but detroit needs to win to make the playoffs. New orleans pretty much is not playing for anything. Who would you take and why? Thanks.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carolina + 7.5. BIG.

New Orleans knows that SF will beat the Rams and get the 2nd bye, so why risk injuries when you are going to play the next week?

Carolina is up and coming, used to being out of the playoff hunt but still upbeat they are building for next yr behind Cam Newton and will fight hard.

Who know what will happen with Detroit and GB? Neither wants injuries, Detroit does not really have much to play for, in their hearts, WTF difference is a # 5 or # 6 seed? Playing in dome against Saints might be a little tougher game than either cold New York or hostile Dallas. Does it matter worth risking all the banged up players? I guess the Packers will pull everybody and Detroit will be slightly more motivated...

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Carolina + 7.5. BIG. New Orleans knows that SF will beat the Rams and get the 2nd bye, so why risk injuries when you are going to play the next week? Carolina is up and coming, used to being out of the playoff hunt but still upbeat they are building for next yr behind Cam Newton and will fight hard. Who know what will happen with Detroit and GB? Neither wants injuries, Detroit does not really have much to play for, in their hearts, WTF difference is a # 5 or # 6 seed? Playing in dome against Saints might be a little tougher game than either cold New York or hostile Dallas. Does it matter worth risking all the banged up players? I guess the Packers will pull everybody and Detroit will be slightly more motivated...
    Thanks man but I feel detroit has a lot to play for with not wanting to play the saints in the first round. I decided to buy the points to make detroit -3. I don't really see green bay trying real hard at all. Was not a blowout last time. This time should either be a blowout detroit or at least a cover.

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Detroit plays the packers that are not playing for anything but detroit needs to win to make the playoffs. New orleans pretty much is not playing for anything. Who would you take and why? Thanks.
    everyone seems to know that GB will play for nothing and Detroit will play to avoid New Orleans...and this is what i don't like. be careful cuz GB can be covered by back door.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

how are the saints not playing for anything? there playing for a bye

KingJD31

theres one thing you can always count on the saints for and thats being assholes that run up the score period. They been good to me this year and im sticking with them so I guess i like detroit but i like over 41 alottttt in the lions pack gm

GatorFan

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    if you think the rams gonna win over the 49ers, then the saints need to win for a bye

GatorFan

honestly, i think the Rams +10.5 is safer bet than these two

KingJD31

Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan View Post
    if you think the rams gonna win over the 49ers, then the saints need to win for a bye
    I think the rams got a chance but im all over the under 35 in that gm

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

theres one thing you can always count on the saints for and thats being assholes that run up the score period. They been good to me this year and im sticking with them so I guess i like detroit but i like over 41 alottttt in the lions pack gm

Weather looks terrible in Green Bay Sunday that could be why over/under total is so low. High winds and snow flurries. Not to mention Packers resting alot of starters.

GatorFan

I think the rams got a chance but im all over the under 35 in that gm
    yeah I am thinking the same but i prefer the rams + points than under a bit

GatorFan

it's not always a good idea to bet against the Saints at home... that something that i promise to myself to stay away from the saints at home since i mostly bet on under dogs

takeunder
    takeunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4247

I would take the Packers because they are better than the Lions and they are at home...Vegas gives too many points to the teams that "Must Win"

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by takeunder View Post
    I would take the Packers because they are better than the Lions and they are at home...Vegas gives too many points to the teams that "Must Win"
    Packers horrible at defending the pass+resting there starters=Detroit winning.

Demonata

Thanks for all the help guys. Now the detroit line is -6 so glad i went with the -3. Good Luck everyone.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

if brees plays first half who knows saints could have a double digit lead by halftime they r on fire at home. this is a dangerous game because of mystery surrounding new orleans plans for resting their starters and for how long.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

dont like dtroit on the road

BeerBottlez
    BeerBottlez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    dont like dtroit on the road
    Detroit is 5-2 on the road this year with more incentive to play for but yeah it is in Green Bay.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

They know SF will pound the injury riddled worst offense in the NFL lame duck coached Rams to ensure the by so when the Saints see the scoreboard SF 20-0 in 2nd quarter they will pull their players.

Even if it is still close, in their hearts, Saints know SF will win, so why kill themselves and risk injury when you are playing NEXT week?????