Pocket Passer
    Pocket Passer's Avatar Become A Pro!

THE NFL line everyone seems to be overlooking...

The last week of the NFL season can be a tricky one to bet... much like the pre-season in many ways in that you never know how much certain starters will play (Brady, etc) or how hard some teams will be trying as their fate is already decided.

They key, for me, has always been to try and isolate those teams who really need the win... One game I'm betting hard this weekend, which doesn't seem to be getting much action, are the Jets +3 over Miami. The Jets need this game to keep their playoff hopes alive and Miami is done regardless. The game is in Miami, which offers no home field advantage as Miami doesn't play well at home and no fans will be showing up for this. You'll hear J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS more than and Phins chant down in South Florida. The Dolphin coaching staff has already packed up their office and are looking for their next jobs. On top of all this, is the fact that Reggie Bush AND Jake Long are not playing for Miami. Throw in the fact that Karlos Dansby has been off all week for "personal family issues" and even if he plays, could most likely be very distracted.

The Phins are a team looking forward to time off and the Jets will be hungry. Bet the Jets +3 hard fellas, I'm even taking them on the ML...

Thank me Sunday night!

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

great, goat milk likes them too, dolphins to the bank

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The problem that I see with the Jets is that their offense as become stagnant. Sanchez has lost what little confidence he may have had. Rex Ryan's act has worn thin. The fact of the matter is that a lot of teams are going to have to lose for the jets to get into the playoffs. Miami can play it as loose as they like. Thisis a pass for me. There are better games on the board to wager on.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

gl but wouldnt bet the jste if they were playing the sisters of mercy

Pocket Passer

The Jets are do for a big game and this will be it. Take the Jets and the points, I'm telling you!

Adm. Cowpollock
    Adm. Cowpollock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Funny, I was just making some picks and came to the same conclusion you did, then found this thread. Agreed, lay large on NYJ!

Daniel Thomas takes over as RB for the injured Bush, and Thomas has a bum knee himself from last Sunday. Listed as probable. Reggie Bush and those 100+ yard games were a pretty big reason why Miami finished strongly.

Jets play at 1 p.m., and only one other 1 p.m. game influences their chances -- NYJ needs TEN to lose at HOU. If Jets win and Titans lose, then the Jets fate depends on 4 p.m. games with NYJ needing a Bengals loss, and either/both a Raiders loss and/or Broncos loss.

Season's on the line, yes it's been a disappointing one for NYJ but let's remember this team knows how to win on the road in playoff scenarios.

Scully
    Scully's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

For all the reasons you stated pointing towards the JETS and yet they're still a 3-pt underdog in a must win game for them? Good luck with that one.

McMaster
    McMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Jets in a teaser for me.

Pocket Passer

Quote Originally Posted by McMaster View Post
    Jets in a teaser for me.
    Bank on it!

GatorTD
    GatorTD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

The jets have something to play for and the majority of the bets but yet they are bigger dogs than when the line opens?

I think you're overlooking the fact the book is probably going to take your money.

thelegend67
    thelegend67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2528

miami wins this big.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket Passer View Post
    The last week of the NFL season can be a tricky one to bet... much like the pre-season in many ways in that you never know how much certain starters will play (Brady, etc) or how hard some teams will be trying as their fate is already decided.

They key, for me, has always been to try and isolate those teams who really need the win... One game I'm betting hard this weekend, which doesn't seem to be getting much action, are the Jets +3 over Miami. The Jets need this game to keep their playoff hopes alive and Miami is done regardless. The game is in Miami, which offers no home field advantage as Miami doesn't play well at home and no fans will be showing up for this. You'll hear J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS more than and Phins chant down in South Florida. The Dolphin coaching staff has already packed up their office and are looking for their next jobs. On top of all this, is the fact that Reggie Bush AND Jake Long are not playing for Miami. Throw in the fact that Karlos Dansby has been off all week for "personal family issues" and even if he plays, could most likely be very distracted.

The Phins are a team looking forward to time off and the Jets will be hungry. Bet the Jets +3 hard fellas, I'm even taking them on the ML...

Thank me Sunday night!
    Pretty sure if you have used this strategy last 10 years across the board in all sports, you would be significantly down. Needing a win hasnt seemed to help NFl teams, maybe even hurt them causing them to play tight.

I think it is better to find teams that have layed down. Don't think Phins are that team. Thought they may after Spirano got canned, but then they whooped the Bills.

Anyway, I have no opinion on this game. I hope you have a winner here.

Badlands
    Badlands's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Been impressed with Dolphins in recent weeks and no doubt being able to play loose in a nothing game to them may help but without Bush who has been instrumental in their turn around, i just dont know. Dolphins would love to piss all over Jets play-off hopes but i think the Jets show up today.

Pocket Passer

Cash it!!!!

Adm. Cowpollock
    Adm. Cowpollock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nail biting ugliness, but it worked!

GatorTD
    GatorTD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Back door is better than no door!