SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do Packers crush my Xmas??

I had a parlay last week that would have paid $7000 and it all came down to Packers ML over Kansas City...and we all know how that ended up.

Well, I gave GB one more chance as I have a nice little payout coming if Green Bay holds on here. Do you think anything crazy happens tonight in which GB loses this 14 - 3 lead at halftime? I cannot lose this parlay as it's been a long day of up and down performances by my team...and it all boils down to what I think was the safest play in the GB over Chicago. Hold on Pack.

Just in case you're wondering, my parlay was:
    Knicks ML over Celtics - reasoning here was that with Pierce out and with no training camps, the veteran squad of the Celtics would struggle to find their rhythm. This was correct as the Knicks opened up a 17 point lead only to be down 8 to 10 in the fourth. My parlay was turning out to be what my last two weeks were...losing big leads late. But the Knicks came through (or should I say Melo came through as he took over the fourth quarter)

Miami ML over Dallas - reasoning here was Dallas' bench becoming weaker by not re-signing Chandler and JJ. Yes they got Lamar, but it would be some time before he found his role with the Mavs and you know the Heatles were out to get some redemption in front of a national audience. They showed up and led by over 30 and ended up winning by like 10 or so. I never sweat this one out

Bulls over Lakers - This was a play on the Lakers being without Bynum, Lamar (gone to the Mavs) and the potential of Kobe not being able to shoot too well with the injury. Plus the Bulls are solid on defense and if they could contain the supporting cast, their offense would put up enough to win. Well, up 7 at half, I felt comfortable only to see the Bulls down 8 in the fourth. At this point, I was frustrated but realized that if I lose here, it was a good bet that lost. No problem. Then the Lakers started missing FTs and Rose showed why he was league MVP with a great runner for the lead. I now sweat-ed out a last second fade away shot by Kobe to see it blocked and hoping for no foul call. Safe on both ends and we're down to the last two

UTEP over Auburn - this one scared the **** out of me. I saw this line at -1.5 early in the day for the Miners and I thought with the records, why would UTEP be favored. They wanted the public to take Auburn maybe, but I took my chances with UTEP as I liked what I saw from them against Kstate and I felt they might have more motivation in a meaningless game against an SEC bunch. I sweated out a game in the 2nd half as it was back and forth for a bit, but a couple big three's and early foul trouble for auburn put the game away with about 2 to play.

Now, the last of the bunch...Green Bay over Chicago.

Green Bay was off to the quick 7 - 0 lead and with a couple of fortunate events (missed fg and int) the Packers held on to a 7 - 0 lead but kept going 3 and out. Chicago comes through with a nice three at the end of the half, and Green Bay quickly responds with 7. As I finish typing this, the 2nd half begins and I should feel comfortable as this the "best" team in the NFL with a two score lead at home. Can't lose, right? I've been betting for too long to know that is not the case and this could easily lose. No locks AT ALL in sports. I'm hoping for a nice comfortable win so I can go to sleep easily knowing that I have a nice bankroll to play with starting tomorrow (or maybe take a few days off as I need the rest and last chance at the NFL regular season)

I've been frustrated lately and felt like I couldn't win. Well Let's hope for a nice ML victory tonight

SportGTI
    Update your status

And just as I finish my essay, Chicago gets a huge gain to set-up a first and goal from the one. 14 - 10 likely in a few minutes

yD
    yD's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are crushing mine. ******* ridiculous.

Nothing worse than a bunch of backups doing something they never do to make you lose.

yD

How many times are they going to get away with fumbling the ball?

I have GB and under and I'm running out of room. Bears can't score anymore.(funny I know, with this defense)

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

GB can't stop Chicago's ground game.

SportGTI
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by yD View Post
    They are crushing mine. ******* ridiculous.

Nothing worse than a bunch of backups doing something they never do to make you lose.
    Are you on GB spread?? If so, I'll hope you cover

SportGTI
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    GB can't stop Chicago's ground game.
    Ain't that the truth. I actually knew this coming into the game. I know GB's defense is far from good. However, with Marion Barber and Matt Forte out and down to the Bears' third stringer at qb, I felt that GB should be able to hold them to less than 14 points. So far so good, but I thought the GB offense would show more life instead of two td drives and the remaining three and outs.

And yes!!!! TD nelson. That's why I bet them last week and this week. Their offense.

But you are right No Coin, very weak rush d

yD

Yes sir I am on GB spread, but also the under. One more Bears touchdown and it is impossible to win both.

It would really suck if we were up 28-10 and then the Bears score a garbage TD to make it 28-17, but they will get it before then the way the Packers D is playing.

SportGTI
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by yD View Post
    Yes sir I am on GB spread, but also the under. One more Bears touchdown and it is impossible to win both.

It would really suck if we were up 28-10 and then the Bears score a garbage TD to make it 28-17, but they will get it before then the way the Packers D is playing.
    Yea, I think the under is going to be tricky. I'll hope the game ends in a victory for you yD. It's Christmas, we all deserve to win. BOL yd

yD

So let's see.

That last Packers TD wiped out my parlay with the under, and also my regular bet.

This last Bears TD wiped out my 6 point teaser.

The 2 point conversion made it to where this next one is relevant.

Another Bears TD wipes out my -11.

Just another day here.