BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

A Classic Line

Last night, the wife and I ware at our local club with a bunch of friends. One person in particular is a HUGE Green Bay Packers fan. He is from Wisconsin, and even owns stock in the team. The bartender at the club is Iris, a sweet born again woman who does not have a cross word for anyone. Iris knows little, if anything about sports, other than to root for Michigan and Tennessee teams, because that is where she was born and raised.

We are talking about pro football last night, and Iris, (remember she is a born again Christian) starts up about Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos and how they are going to defeat Green Bay in the Superbowl this season. At first, we all thought that this was cute, but she kept it up. Naturally, we all jump on her side. Now my Green Bay friend is just getting madder and madder because we are really sticking the needle in him. Finally, Iris comes up with this absolute gem that floored the entire bar. She says not only is Tebow going to defeat Green Bay, but he was going to do it in a special way. She said that Green Bay would be ahead by 5 points with 1 second left in the game and that "Tim Tebow would suddenly convert to become a Catholic and then beat Green Bay with a Hail Mary Pass."

The place went hysterical. An absolute classic, especially when you consider that my Green Bay friend is a Catholic and the Principal of a Catholic School. One of the funniest sports lines that anyone in there had ever heard. How she came up with this I do not know, though she did ask me what you call the long pass that beats the other team in the last second of a game. So I told her it was called a "Hail Mary". Talk about the old saying "Out of the mouths of babaes..." I guess you can call that seasonal humor.

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

I'm from Chicago and one of my best friends is a die hard Packers fan. I swear I would cry if that happened