C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Where is he being mocked strictly because of his religion exactly? Could it be that maybe he's an inferior quarterback and that's the reason he's being mocked?

He's a shitty quarterback who prays for personal gain. What's not to fukking mock anyway? LOL.

All I see is people talking him up in the media. And that's what's sickening.

Again, why don't you show us where he is being attacked for his beliefs. You and your tin foil hat clan have had plenty of opportunity to do so.
    Yeah but then why aren't all inferior quarterbacks being mocked? Jemarcus Russell couldn't win a damn game in his whole career and he wasn't bashed repeatedly on TV and that was with losing, losing and more losing. He was just "screwed" because he was on a crappy team... forget how he contributed to making that team shitty. It was Al Davis's fault, his line's fault, his receivers fault. Shannon Sharpe didn't go tell young Jemarcus that he was an awful passer.

What about other mobile quarterbacks who had crappy stats but just "won" games.

Tebow has 11 passing TD's 2 ints, and 3 more rushing TD's. He's 7-1. Donovan Mcnabb had a 49.1% completion percentage in 1999 in his rookie year and the Eagles were 2-4. The Titans were 8-5 in Vince Young's rookie year. He had a 51.5% completion percentage 12 passing TDs and 13 INTS. How many of the commentators were on his ass?

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    yes i just googled it jerry sinefeld is A JEW

DO NOT slam me for this I'm just stating a FACT
    Jerry is
    Kramer is
    George is
    Elene is
    Newman is

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Yeah but then why aren't all inferior quarterbacks being mocked? Jemarcus Russell couldn't win a damn game in his whole career and he wasn't bashed repeatedly on TV and that was with losing, losing and more losing. He was just "screwed" because he was on a crappy team... forget how he contributed to making that team shitty. It was Al Davis's fault, his line's fault, his receivers fault. Shannon Sharpe didn't go tell young Jemarcus that he was an awful passer.

What about other mobile quarterbacks who had crappy stats but just "won" games.

Tebow has 11 passing TD's 2 ints, and 3 more rushing TD's. He's 7-1. Donovan Mcnabb had a 49.1% completion percentage in 1999 in his rookie year and the Eagles were 2-4. The Titans were 8-5 in Vince Young's rookie year. He had a 51.5% completion percentage 12 passing TDs and 13 INTS. How many of the commentators were on his ass?
    You're right. Donovan McNabb and Vince Young have never been mocked. Only Tim Tebow. EVERYONE said Donovan McNabb as a BLACK quarterback was going to be AMAZING. Same with Vince Young. Not a doubter in the entire LIBERAL MEDIA. LOL.

Where is Tim Tebow mocked in the media? Not sure. But, boy, is he ever mocked like nobody else!

C-Gold

You're right. Donovan McNabb and Vince Young have never been mocked. Only Tim Tebow. EVERYONE said Donovan McNabb as a BLACK quarterback was going to be AMAZING. Same with Vince Young. Not a doubter in the entire LIBERAL MEDIA. LOL.

Where is Tim Tebow mocked in the media? Not sure. But, boy, is he ever mocked like nobody else!
    Please show me a link to where Shannon Sharpe told Donovan Mcnabb point blank in an interview that he couldn't throw the ball? Show me all of the announcers in heated voices tell me Vince Young ( despite going 8-5 in his rookie year) wasn't ever going to be any good because he had a horrible throwing motion and wasn't accurate. Vince Young in his last year as a Titan didn't get half the crap that Tebow gets as a second year player.

Look, I'd put Tebow in year 2 exactly where I put Vince Young in year 2. I don't think Tebow is any good but he's getting creamed by the media. You tell me why? Did they say the same crap about Vince Young? Ahhhhhhh the Titans won again but not because of Vince Young and his 9 TDs and 17 Interceptions... he's just getting lucky... he'll never be any good...

I've never seen a guy get hated on some much. If a guy truly sucks they just don't talk about him. Or maybe terry Bradshaw or somebody will say they "like" some of the things he's doing blah blah blah. You don't ever see a guy get bashed like Tebow. So I ask you why?

hardball
    hardball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

I love all the disdain for Tebow. Hope the kid proves you all wrong.

This jaded society hates heroes in the long run. Most are wanting them to fail.

Send a rooster shot via text, stomp a player, get arrested for a bar fight, positive steroid test....Something. Please fail.

It makes them feel better about themselves knowing nobody can be that clean cut.

The media is no different. Not networks in general. But a majority of broadcasters and analyst.

After so much vitriol predicting he would fail, they NEED him to fail. To avoid looking like an ass, not for faith reasons though...

Statistically the guy is a nightmare, but his 4th qtr QBR proves he CAN play. You can’t quantify what he does to lead his team.

Till he runs over my dog after beating his wife while rolling on molly I'm rooting for the guy.

C-Gold

His 4th Quarter QBR is better because defense are exhausted chasing him and his wing t offense around for 3 quarters. Pass rushes are weaker late in games... he has extra time to throw/run. He has good endurance/leadership and the Broncos run their best plays. It's the same crap other running QB's had in the past but they didn't all get the same hate that Tebow gets.

Donovan had a < 50% completion percentage his rookie year
    Vince Young nearly threw twice as many picks as TD's in year 2 when he was 9-6 as a starter

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Again, I must give credit to the Gold Sheet for the explanation below. Seems point on. I was against the guy last week, because he was playing my team. Any other week, I wish the guy well. Whether you like him or not, you have to admit that he is getting the job done. If anyone should know, it's gamblers, that turnovers are ticket killers.

And why do so many sportswriters and fans become infatuated by glittering passing stats, anyway? We have always thought a very- underappreciated stat might be avoiding sacks, and how Tebow (also basically turnover-free, with only one giveaway in almost 300 snaps over his first five starts) rarely causes negative passing plays by getting dumped in the pocket. Consistent 8-to-12-yard losses are a killer for offenses, and Tebow’s play seems to preclude that development, giving his team more makeable third and even fourth-down plays, not to mention pacing the game to the point where Tebow’s playmaking skills can be showcased with the result on the line in the late going.
    The object of football remains to score and prevent the other team from scoring, and Tebow’s presence, in a non-traditional way, seems to be an important plus factor in those dynamics . We suggest Tebow’s value, both at Florida and, to a certain extent, at least, with Denver, climbs appreciably because he rarely commits turnovers or gets sacked, and can extend drives by making short first-down runs that other QBs cannot. Although we are still waiting for the proper stat-driven gridiron plus/minus example that would confirm our read on the Tebow factor.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Please show me a link to where Shannon Sharpe told Donovan Mcnabb point blank in an interview that he couldn't throw the ball? Show me all of the announcers in heated voices tell me Vince Young ( despite going 8-5 in his rookie year) wasn't ever going to be any good because he had a horrible throwing motion and wasn't accurate. Vince Young in his last year as a Titan didn't get half the crap that Tebow gets as a second year player.

Look, I'd put Tebow in year 2 exactly where I put Vince Young in year 2. I don't think Tebow is any good but he's getting creamed by the media. You tell me why? Did they say the same crap about Vince Young? Ahhhhhhh the Titans won again but not because of Vince Young and his 9 TDs and 17 Interceptions... he's just getting lucky... he'll never be any good...

I've never seen a guy get hated on some much. If a guy truly sucks they just don't talk about him. Or maybe terry Bradshaw or somebody will say they "like" some of the things he's doing blah blah blah. You don't ever see a guy get bashed like Tebow. So I ask you why?
    Uhh. Shannon Sharpe was still playing when Donovan McNabb was a rookie. Obviously, Donovan McNabb COULD throw. He was second in MVP voting his first full year as a starter. Where do you think Tim Tebow will be? Young had criticism all over the place. How convenient that you're ignorant or forgetful. You do realize that he was benched his third season for Kerry Collins. Right, genius?

You're comparing apples to oranges with Donovan McNabb, and Vince Young went through nothing different. And in good time, Tim Tebow will be riding the pine just like Vince Young.

Quit crying.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

I don't know what some of you guys are talking about. Every time I hear an announcer or analysts he is praising Tebow highly. I hear none of this negative talk, where is it? You continue to make these accusations yet you show none. This is all in your mind, you want it to be true but it isn't. Just another lame attempt to blame the media for liberal bias. I don't know how you even make that connection. Especially when it has absolutely no validity.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

MonkeyF0cker , you are obsessed with this thread... Take a break, relax and cool off

God Bless Us , Every One

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    MonkeyF0cker , you are obsessed with this thread... Take a break, relax and cool off

God Bless Us , Every One
    Hardly. I enjoy moron parades like this thread.

And I have this up in the background while I'm doing other things.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Hardly. I enjoy moron parades like this thread.
    exCUSE ME???? YOU WANNA GET INTO A CAPING CONTEST WITH ME PAL???????

LETS DO THIS!!

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    exCUSE ME???? YOU WANNA GET INTO A CAPING CONTEST WITH ME PAL???????

LETS DO THIS!!
    YES! Only if I can be Wonder Woman though. Who do you wanna be?

Mofome will be so proud.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    I don't know what some of you guys are talking about. Every time I hear an announcer or analysts he is praising Tebow highly. I hear none of this negative talk, where is it? You continue to make these accusations yet you show none. This is all in your mind, you want it to be true but it isn't. Just another lame attempt to blame the media for liberal bias. I don't know how you even make that connection. Especially when it has absolutely no validity.
    Do you watch the pregame shows? Shannon Sharpe told him he was an awful quarterback and couldn't throw the ball... that the GM has no confidence in him blah blah blah. When was Mr. Shannon Sharpe saying that to Vince Young, or Jemarcus Russell or anybody else? Nobody gets disrespected like that. And the ESPN crew? They all say he sucks. Do they say that about other players who suck? About other guys who win?

2006 Vince Young
    8 wins, 5 losses, PT in 2 other games
    51.5%, 2199 pass yards ( 146.6 YPG), 12 TD, 13 INT, 552 Rush yards, 7 Rush TD
    "Vince Young just wins games"

2007 Vince Young
    9 wins, 6 losses
    62.3%. 2546 pass yards ( 169.7 ypg), 9 TD, 17 INT, 395 rush yards, 3 Rush TD
    "Vince Young just wins games"

2011 Tim Tebow
    7 wins, 1 loss
    48.5%, 1290 passing yards (117.3 YPG), 11 TD, 2 INT, 517 rush yards, 3 Rush TD
    "Tim Tebow is "lucky", he "sucks" blah blah blah"

Tebow might only have 11 TD but he has a 5.6% passing TD % and 1.0% INT percentage. His receivers also suck. Maybe he'd have a more respectable completion percentage of he had better receivers and threw a couple more 1 yard screen passes, would it matter?

He wears down a defense
    reduces the # of possessions an opposing offense will get
    Running the ball makes your o-line aggressive, going after the other team
    performed well in the 4th Q when the other teams pass rush is tired

I've just seen this guy get bashed over and over despite winning. Yes his passing stats suck but he hasn't turned the ball over and let the other teams beat themselves. When the game is close and the opposing defenses are tired he's good enough to drive down the field. Similar to Vince Young but without the hype. THAT is what pisses me off. The bias against this guy.

If Joe Webb was 7-1, with 117 passing yards per game, and 50 rushing yards per game for the Minnesota Vikings, do you think Shannon Sharpe would tell him he sucks to his face? Do you think everybody on ESPN would be talking about how he's a fluke and how he'll never amount to anything? Do you think they'd all be pissing on Joe Webb's parade? Would Keyshaun tell America that he sucks?

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

C-Gold

Yes. I think I did see that. But, isn't the overwhelming preponderance of talk positive? I would say you hear some negatives but many of the comments are now pretty positive? Things, like--I didn't know he had in him, I am surprised, I gotta give him credit. Sure there is some bad, but mostly good I think. I think you are over blowing this a bit.

I don't really think you believe these guys are after him because he is a Christian do you? I bet the majority of these same guys are Christian themselves. I think the negative comments are coming because he is not really a great passer. I am cheering for him to be truthful with you as I think most of America is. I find it amazing. I don't think it has anything to do with his religion. Yes, some people would prefer he keep that to himself. It does get a little old especially when you realize how bush it is. God doesn't give two shits about Tebow or Denver. And if you have a single brain cell you know that.
    You in this case not meaning you personally btw.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Maybe you forget how many people said that Cam Newton is gonna suck before they saw him play a few games in the NFL. Young was criticized about his release, Wonderlic scores, etc. right out of college. Tim Tebow is no different than Vince Young. He's patched together a total of 7 wins so far only when defenses get soft and go into a prevent. That doesn't make him a great quarterback. If it wasn't for the Bronco defense, he wouldn't even be a story.

QUIT CRYING.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

All this supposed hate from the "leftist media" yet the only real life "media" example from C-Gold repeatedly is Shannon Sharpe.

Someone still bitter about Rush getting the boot because of his McNabb comments?

Sam Odom

Speaking of Rush

He was 100% correct: The Media (mostly liberal) were desirous for McNabb (Black QB) to do well and succeed and were willing to not point-out his weaknesses. Same goes for Obama, the media were in the tank for him in '08 - so much so EVEN Saturday Night Live lampooned it

C-Gold

Maybe you forget how many people said that Cam Newton is gonna suck before they saw him play a few games in the NFL. Young was criticized about his release, Wonderlic scores, etc. right out of college. Tim Tebow is no different than Vince Young. He's patched together a total of 7 wins so far only when defenses get soft and go into a prevent. That doesn't make him a great quarterback. If it wasn't for the Bronco defense, he wouldn't even be a story.

QUIT CRYING.
    An analyst here, an analyst there said they "thought" Cam wouldn't be good, or that Vince had a weird throwing motion before their careers began. Can you not see how that's different than pulling Vince or Cam into a room after 8 games and saying you really are an awful passer? After Vince/Cam had success in the NFL, how much were they openly getting bashed over and over? How many times have you seen Cam get bashed on ESPN the last 4 weeks?

The reason why I brought Shannon Sharpe up is because it was the most blatant example. I couldn't believe that interview when watching it. Would Sharpe ever pull Josh Johnson into a room and say " you can't ever be an NFL quarterback Josh because you can't throw and you can't read defenses"?

ESPN is a complete joke. Let the opinion makers promote the hell out of all running quarterbacks except Tebow. Leftist media at it's finest. Couldn't possible promote the guy who built a hospital in the Phillipines. Air some more highlights on Desean Jackson disrespecting his opponents, sitting his skinny ass on the bench or the animals in Cincinatti/Xavier fight during a basketball game.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Speaking of Rush

He was 100% correct: The Media (mostly liberal) were desirous for McNabb (Black QB) to do well and succeed and were willing to not point-out his weaknesses. Same goes for Obama, the media were in the tank for him in '08 - so much so EVEN Saturday Night Live lampooned it
    Odds that Sam Odom would disagree with Rush Limbaugh:

Yes +999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999999
    No OFF

C-Gold

Speaking of Rush

Mcnabb isn't even the best example, the best example was Vick. I've never seen a more hyped up player in any sport in my life. Just forget that he's a quarterback who can't pass and has the same QB rating as Joey Harrington, just go on and on about how his 60 rushing yards should make you overlook his awful passing numbers.

Sam Odom

Odds that Sam Odom would disagree with Rush Limbaugh:

Yes +999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999999
    No OFF

Diversion & deflection

Just give your opinion , MonkeyF0cker -- Do you believe The Media (mostly liberal) were desirous for McNabb (Black QB) to do well and succeed?

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

An analyst here, an analyst there said they "thought" Cam wouldn't be good, or that Vince had a weird throwing motion before their careers began. Can you not see how that's different than pulling Vince or Cam into a room after 8 games and saying you really are an awful passer? After Vince/Cam had success in the NFL, how much were they openly getting bashed over and over? How many times have you seen Cam get bashed on ESPN the last 4 weeks?

The reason why I brought Shannon Sharpe up is because it was the most blatant example. I couldn't believe that interview when watching it. Would Sharpe ever pull Josh Johnson into a room and say " you can't ever be an NFL quarterback Josh because you can't throw and you can't read defenses"?

ESPN is a complete joke. Let the opinion makers promote the hell out of all running quarterbacks except Tebow. Leftist media at it's finest. Couldn't possible promote the guy who built a hospital in the Phillipines. Air some more highlights on Desean Jackson disrespecting his opponents, sitting his skinny ass on the bench or the animals in Cincinatti/Xavier fight during a basketball game.
    Really? Is that why Merril Hoge is still apologizing for his comments about Cam Newton?

How many times have I seen Cam Newton get bashed in the last 4 weeks? Zero. As many as he's deserved.

And LMFAO at you trying to call ESPN liberal media. The fact of the matter is that they've been flooding their shows with Tim Tebow crap because idiots like you want to hear it. And Skip Bayless has been one of Tebow's BIGGEST backers from the word "go."

You're fukking delusional, pal. Plain and simple.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Diversion & deflection

Just give your opinion , MonkeyF0cker -- Do you believe The Media (mostly liberal) were desirous for McNabb (Black QB) to do well and succeed?
    You think sportscasters try to influence the politics of their viewers? REALLY? LOL.

And how the fukk do you know THEIR political affiliation? LMAO.

You've lost it. Completely.

Sam Odom

You think sportscasters try to influence the politics of their viewers? REALLY? LOL.

And how the fukk do you know THEIR political affiliation? LMAO.

You've lost it. Completely.

More Diversion & deflection and without an answer... Now it is

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Yep. Diversion. RIGHT. It's because your questions are SO hard hitting! LMAO.

I remember a lot of skepticism over McNabb being a good quarterback. I also remember him proving those critics wrong by putting up good numbers, being an MVP caliber quarterback for years, and continuing on to take the Eagles to the Super Bowl.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

espn loves tebow lately

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Diversion & deflection

When Rush made those comments, McNabb was a great (top 5ish) QB. Before the hernia, ankle fracture, hammie, etc. slowed him down.

The Philly media were consistently brutal towards McNabb. The local guys always wanted to ditch him for Feely or Garcia or whoever and draft a QB of the future. I never noticed much of a slant from the national media one way or the other. He had a few really amazing years and then kind of fell off, and I don't think the media ever blew him up.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

I think "4th quarter QBR" might be the squarest statistic I have ever heard of.

Winning really close games in dramatic fashion isn't predictive of future success.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

It is very apparent! If someone hates Tebow they will suck Obama's rooster - and there are many people with this irrational hate for him

Its funny I have yet to hear anyone say they hate Tebow but every hilljack (plenty in Indiana) that I've ever talked to is convinced Obama is the AntiChrist and the reason for everything thats ever gone wrong in their life. Thats what irrational hate is. Oh by the way Mr. Einstein....Tom Hanks is a huge Hollywood liberal.

snoopaloop31
    snoopaloop31's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sam Odom has made up his mind already.... its him vs the world. Have fun with that.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by snoopaloop31 View Post

Sam Odom has made up his mind already....

and that is a bad thing ?

Liberals hate certainty, black or white issues 'cause everything must be grey which ends with wanting illegals given the right to vote

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Liberals, liberals, liberals WTF, you accuse other people of being obsessed. You're obsessed with the word liberal. I suggest you take a history class and a political science class and actually learn what the term means and how you and every other American benefited from the actions and successes of progressives since the beginning of the 20th century. Learn some history fellow. My God man the US is considered a liberal republic but you don't really know the meaning of the word. That is the problem. You allowed yourself to be poisoned by the right wing bias media. You know the news and papers that you listen to and read.

My last word in this thread, it's ridiculous anyway.
    Last edited by dante1; 12-14-11 at 12:41 PM.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post

My last word in this thread...

Good! Take your nonsense elsewhere

Merry Christmas

BTW-- I like classical liberalism

First 1234