bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

2006 Fantasy Football: Quarterbacks

Peyton number 1 across the board. The guy is a lock for 4,000 yards and +25 TDs year in and out. I have never got the chance to get him on my fantasy team

Where would you rank Aaron Brooks this year ?

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

A rose by any other name is still a rose and Aaron Brooks in any other uniform is still Aaron Brooks. And Aaron Brooks smells like something and it's not a rose. There are 15 QBs out there better for your fantasy team than Aaron Brooks and they will all be available in the sixth round or later...

bigboydan

where would you rank kurt warner then crackerjack ?

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd rank Kurt Warner on the IR.
    Aaron Brooks has the best situation he's ever had but I'd pass on him also.

Take a good look at Jake Delhomme.

isetcap

Drew Bledsoe will put up enormous numbers this year.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Aaron Brooks is in a good spot to revive his career, I just don't think he's a great fantasy QB. His biggest problem is inconsistency. If you've ever had him on your team you know he can have a breakout game one week and the next he'll score you negative points. He's just not someone you can rely on.

As for Kurt Warner, I have mixed feelings. He hasn't had good fantasy numbers the past few seasons, but Arizona hasn't had a running game. I think AZ has the talent at WR to really allow Warner to shine. But is he going to perform like Drew Brees when SD drafted Phillip Rivers and practically anointed him the starter once he was ready (or Jon Kitna when Bengals drafted Palmer) or will he always be looking over his shoulder. Because Leinart is the man in Arizona. Leinart's holdout helps Warner, but at some point he'll be the starter. Maybe not this year, but if the coaches think he's ready they will throw him behind center, especially if Warner is struggling at all. The best part about Warner though is that you will probably be able to pick him up pretty late in your draft. I am not sure if he is good enough to be the No. 1 QB on your fantasy team, but I wouldn't mind having him on my roster because his potential is great.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think a Manning will put up the best fantasy numbers this year, but I wouldn't bet the house that it is Peyton.

bigboydan

razz, i don't count of a repeat preformence from last year out of him.

where would you personaly rank his brother Eli ?

isetcap

Eventually Eli will be a quality backup for some team. Right now he is the only weak link on a very good offensive squad.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    razz, i don't count of a repeat preformence from last year out of him.

where would you personaly rank his brother Eli ?
    In terms of fantasy numbers, about third. In terms of where I would want him if I was starting a team, about 12th.

bigboydan

your thoughts on Steve McNair guys.

where do you think i should consider drafting this guy in my 12 man league ?

sjelveh
    sjelveh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    your thoughts on Steve McNair guys.

where do you think i should consider drafting this guy in my 12 man league ?

he will be a great pick has all the tools to have an mvp season again and will have a great defense that will get him the ball with great field position. i have been able to get him 11th and 14th rounds in all 4 of the league's am in
    Last edited by sjelveh; 08-10-06 at 04:59 PM.