Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

What the Colts Should Do w/Manning & Luck

Phil Simms on Andrew Luck:

But the one thing I don’t see, I just don’t see big time NFL throws. I don’t care what anybody says. I’ve watched a lot of him. He never takes it and rips it in there. And you can say what you want but, man, you’ve got to be able to crease that ball every once in a while. We see it every week in these games. Hey, he can develop it but even in the USC game, you know, he’s very careful with it, guides it a lot, Rich. That’s what I see. There’s not a lot of rotation on the ball and there’s not a tremendous amount of power

I feel the same way when I watch Luck. I don't see this overwhelming once a decade QB that they keep talking about. Here's what my Colts should do but won't because Polian got old, lost his mojo, but kept his job and $Hit personality.

A. If Manning is healthy then trade the #1 and draft QB Kirk Cousins from Michigan State with their 2nd round pick...or trade down again if they feel more confident in what range Cousins will go? Cousins is not the biggest guy in the world but he has a good arm, accurate, and more than enough mobility for rollouts, etc. In my opinion....he'll be a Matt Ryan or Andy Dalton type that you can win with once you build a strong enough squad around him.

B. Hopefully still stay high enough in the draft to get WR Blackmon from Okie State. He's TO without the baggage.

C. If Manning isn't healthy then release him and trade down for Robert Griffin III.
    The Colts O-line is $hit and some mobility could really help out. He's a bigger, taller, and smarter (undergrad degree in Political Science already) righty Mike Vick imo.

I'm guessing they'll release Manning and draft Luck which means forget the playoffs for many years. They really need to rip someone off (Dan Snyder?) with that 1st pick to start fixing alot of holes. Luck on this team now wins maybe 4-5 games at most?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I think the Colts should draft Luck and then trade him and hang on to Manning. They could probably get 1st round draft picks for him.

Maybe pick up another veteran QB like Kyle Orton just incase Manning is slow to recover.

fozzybeer21
    fozzybeer21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

draft luck.

simply draft luck, bench him.and just like the rodgers, favre situation it should work itself out

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by fozzybeer21 View Post
    simply draft luck, bench him.and just like the rodgers, favre situation it should work itself out
    How is it just like Rodgers? Rodgers was a #25 pick. No comparison. You just don't typically draft a QB #1, esp one with Luck's hype, and plan to let him sit a for a couple years behind a legend. Luck is going to demand #1 draft pick QB money. How can they do that and let him sit. No way. Can't have a healthy Manning and Luck on the same roster. I don't like Archie, but he's right one this one.