Mr stickaho
    Mr stickaho's Avatar Become A Pro!

MNF SD vs Jac

hey all im new here on sbr and i have been on a really bad streak the past 4 weeks. started out 25-3 in first 7 weeks in nfl and college football. but im now im 5-27 the past 5 weeks with a losing streak of 15 picks straight. i bet a lot of games. Detroit tonight killed me an i needed an alternative to see what other people thought of my picks and i found this forum. since i won so much i bet bigger and bigger and now i dugged myself into a huge hole.

I like the SD chargers over the Jags in what i think will be comeback game for rivers, however i am doubting myself once again and keep changing my mind.

I also like the under, but i do not know yet what to do. I was planning to bet the fist half and second half too but lines are really ou for that until 6 pm tomorrow.

So my pick?

Sd -3 (if the line doesnt change)

Under 40.

comments?

SaMSoLeeT
    SaMSoLeeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I'm liking the under in this game. but i cant trust SD anymore they screwed me a lot. im gonna pick Jaguars +3.

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

I think SD is a great play...but thats why I dont like it. It looks way too good. MNF Vegas always wins. I dont see anyway the Jags keep this game close but I know if I bet on SD, the Jags will cover.

SaMSoLeeT
    SaMSoLeeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I Honestly would rather pick the Under then pick anyone of these teams.

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Live play is where its at! but I'll put some 1.5x on SD probably.. will keep get burned too haha

Weeton
    Weeton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

The SD -3 line just seems too good. It feels like setup for failure -- banking on the "must win" theme; they used to be good and they can still come back. But let's face it, they aren't in the running in their division at all this year. They have to win out their division, with games including: Balt, Det, and Oak. And Den looks to have the momentum to take the division. SD has not been very good to bet on this year.

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

Forget the side... slight Lean on the Chargers, but could go either way

the better play here is the UNDER

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

SD has more talent but the Jags play hard every week and have a new coach to impress. Norv Turner is dead man walking for SD and thats a bad situation. Sort of like another Seattle over Philly imo. The Jags beat Baltimore at home then they can beat SD too. Thats my play if I had to play it but I don't. I'm also not too excited about betting on an offense that features MJD for 2...MJD for 3...Gabbert with a 3 hopper to the receiver...PUNT! SCREAMS NO PLAY...maybe a prop on Ryan Matthews? He's improving and Phyllis Rivers isn't.

Stelio Kontos
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Home dog during a primetime game - Check

against a team on a 6 game losing streak - Check

traveling from West to East - Check

led by a QB that leads the league in interceptions - Check

playing with a hidden injury - Check

under a coach who will be fired at season's end - Check

JAGUARS ML

Sambooka

This is on Yahoo Sports:

The Jaguars (3-8) have endured the newsiest week in the franchise’s 17 seasons. Owner Wayne Weaver fired coach Jack Del Rio on Tuesday and announced he has agreed to sell the team.

Interim coach Mel Tucker fired receivers coach Johnny Cox, reassigned quarterbacks coach Mike Sheppard, waived starting receiver Jason Hill(notes) and changed the tempo of practices. The Jaguars also put three more players on injured reserve, giving them a league-high 20 guys done for the season.

Youkeepthislove
    Youkeepthislove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3295

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post

JAGUARS ML
    My thinking exactly.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

putting money on SD =

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post

JAGUARS ML
    Jacksonville is not your average "Home-dog." They have been home-dogs and road-dogs all season long with only one significant win vs. Baltimore. Given that Philip Rivers leads the NFL in interceptions (17), Cam Newton is not far behind (14). San Diego is ranked 5th offense-receiving and 6th offense-passing; Jacksonville is 32nd in both. Both teams rank poorly in terms of defense and average in rushing.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Anyone who has watched San Diego or lives on earth and thinks -3 in this game looks too easy is an idiot. San Diego is -3 because their team name is San Diego, that is all period.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tease Jax and Under.

Mr stickaho
    Mr stickaho's Avatar Become A Pro!

So far everyone is convinced jags will pull out a win. stil i'm not convinced with it, i just think there are too many changes in the organization. so many people fired. could this be a offensive blowout in the making. I might just play the under and take my losses this week.

Sambooka

Quote Originally Posted by Mr stickaho View Post
    So far everyone is convinced jags will pull out a win. stil i'm not convinced with it, i just think there are too many changes in the organization. so many people fired. could this be a offensive blowout in the making. I might just play the under and take my losses this week.

No one is convinced Jags will pull out a win... Most everybody agrees with the UNDER though