grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Wait a minute, you can't possibly be counting those as three separate wins in your quest for 18-5?? You teased them all 10 points ffs. Anyone could do that. Even if was a 3 way parlay I still would call it questionable as a counter for your 18-5. To really do it you should be betting straight spreads and totals (or props), basically anything that runs about -110.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

For guys like you, someone could show 60% over 300 picks and you'd still call it small sample size. That's what is so weak about these boards sometimes, people always change the goal posts. They have decided that "you can't beat this game" so nothing is good enough.

Eh, so be it.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

I didn't

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlies1 View Post
    Wait a minute, you can't possibly be counting those as three separate wins in your quest for 18-5?? You teased them all 10 points ffs. Anyone could do that. Even if was a 3 way parlay I still would call it questionable as a counter for your 18-5. To really do it you should be betting straight spreads and totals (or props), basically anything that runs about -110.
    I didn't, currently my wins have been NO -8.5, Pit/Cle under 40, that last teaser, and NYG is pending ...

(as for your -110 point, I agree, it's just that my challengers said I could use teasers so I did today --- I most likely will not go back to them after that winner today)

grizzlies1

Nice, thanks for clearing that up. Best of Luck.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlies1 View Post
    Nice, thanks for clearing that up. Best of Luck.
    Grizz, you seem to be a straight thinker/shooter. Do you think an 18-5 run or better when calling for/on it is legitimate/nonrandom/impressive?

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Who's being consistent now, LTA? Is it much less randomness, or are you trying to diminish my good start out of the gate when I called it?
    Not at all bud. I stand behind my original comments. If you do accomplish it, it will be cool and less of a random result based on your previous record. I will definitely give you your props

However, I know you are not saying that 23 plays added onto your previous 40 plays really represents a statistically relevant sample size....right? We both know that is not the case.

Plus, we all know your so-called "quest" doesn't mean anything. I still don't get it, just trying to figure out what you are trying to prove. I think it's great if you do it and I'm rooting for ya, but what does it prove?

And I'm not trying to diminish your hot start, don't say that dude. I was just pointing out that actual plays posted in this thread was 3-0, not 4-0. You started the thread out with a win that was never posted in this thread. That's not a bad or good thing, just a fact.

I'm rooting for ya, hopefully you get this Giants game (and it goes over).

grizzlies1

Grizz, you seem to be a straight thinker/shooter. Do you think an 18-5 run or better when calling for/on it is legitimate/nonrandom/impressive?
    Interesting question. It definitely is random i.e why 18-5? It's definitely impressive, perhaps a few times in a lifetime impressive. I hit a 14-0 streak in Febuary, not intentional just an incredible run and doubt it will ever happen again. I think you have a legitimate shot at it judging by your start and your previous comeback thread which I followed a bit.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    haha - its worked for 5 weeks?
    i know...have seen you thumping your chest a lot lately.

i love you nocoin - one day hopefully you'll realize that its ok to take a "square" play sometimes.

can you please stop with the capping games stuff? all you ever say is "i dont see the angle", yet you never mention what type of angles you look at. you look at line changes, and public %'s....there is nothing wrong with that, just admit it. thats why you get so much shit from people on here.
    You mean like the time I laid 23 units on Iowa State earlier this season, ignored line movement and got killed?

How in the f\*\*k do you know how I cap and select games? You don't know me. You see the plays I make but have no idea what goes into my selections. Just because I don't post a 20 paragraph analysis of my plays doesn't mean I'm making picks based on line movement only. If I did, I wouldn't make any bets -- or even leans for that matter -- until 5 minutes before kickoff, first pitch or tip. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I post leans on plays that cash earlier than most on this site. That has nothing to do with line movement, public % or anything else.

Do I pay close attention to line movement? Of course. Is that a big part of my capping process? Of course. But if that's all I did, I'd be broke by now. You can't just read lines and nothing else, just like you can't just cap games and ignore line movement. If you did, you'd be out of this game in a hurry. Thanks for giving me credit for being nothing more than that.

Your condescension can be really fvcking annoying sometimes.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Not at all bud. I stand behind my original comments. If you do accomplish it, it will be cool and less of a random result based on your previous record. I will definitely give you your props

However, I know you are not saying that 23 plays added onto your previous 40 plays really represents a statistically relevant sample size....right? We both know that is not the case.

Plus, we all know your so-called "quest" doesn't mean anything. I still don't get it, just trying to figure out what you are trying to prove. I think it's great if you do it and I'm rooting for ya, but what does it prove?

And I'm not trying to diminish your hot start, don't say that dude. I was just pointing out that actual plays posted in this thread was 3-0, not 4-0. You started the thread out with a win that was never posted in this thread. That's not a bad or good thing, just a fact.

I'm rooting for ya, hopefully you get this Giants game (and it goes over).
    I posted that play before half time of the NO game, when the play could have lost. I already had the play on record. I can prove it on my emails. I thought the story would prove to be interesting, so I made a thread about it.

After this I won't bother in "proving" anything to anyone. I know my NFL record for the last 10 years. It's very very good, believe it or not. You can decide.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Your condescension can be really fvcking annoying sometimes.
    so can you coming into my thread to point out how a huge wager of mine was made at a poor # earlier in the week.

like i was really going to add more then 5u i had on the giants at +3.5 when the line went to 4.5.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

I don't mind a nice back and forth conversation but please don't hijack the thread.

Line movement should not influence your handicapping of the game. I know this is a somewhat picky point but it must be said --- it should affect your wagering on the game. Big difference.

Cappin' comes first, then projected cover % based on line, price, etc. which ultimately leads you to how much you put on it

Movement can be valuable, but mostly when you don't know AS much about the teams playing, for whatever reason. If I knew little about NFL or analyzing it, I would use this (if I felt I had to bet or just loved betting for entertainment) method.

Love The Action

I posted that play before half time of the NO game, when the play could have lost. I already had the play on record. I can prove it on my emails. I thought the story would prove to be interesting, so I made a thread about it.

After this I won't bother in "proving" anything to anyone. I know my NFL record for the last 10 years. It's very very good, believe it or not. You can decide.
    Now you've got it! Exactly. You didn't need to prove anything to anyone in the first place. As long as you are a historically profitable capper, then that's all that counts. You just posted this thread trying to prove something to people who either never doubted you or don't care. The only thing that matters is that you believe in your abilities and are profitable. Nothing else matters, especially "proving" something in an online forum.

Love The Action

Line movement should not influence your handicapping of the game. I know this is a somewhat picky point but it must be said --- it should affect your wagering on the game. Big difference.

Cappin' comes first, then projected cover % based on line, price, etc. which ultimately leads you to how much you put on it

Agree 100%

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

kool

Dexter
    Update your status

you had the saints play posted pre-game in your other thread. did you forget? lol

Ab34
    Ab34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2836

Keep it up bro!

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    you had the saints play posted pre-game in your other thread. did you forget? lol
    I referred to that.

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Keep up the good work man I've got a corner of my bankroll following your plays.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

I can't be denied right now.

Dexter
    Update your status

relax.....we can still lose on a TD in regulation or OT...

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

LET'S DRINK SUCKKAAAASSSS

Love The Action

ncsubowen

Anything for tomorrow?

gilbert91016
    gilbert91016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14227

Nice hit!!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Nice call SG.

In the end, Dallas did what Dallas does best.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by ncsubowen View Post
    Anything for tomorrow?
    Let's not get greedy.

This is gonna last.

ncsubowen

Fair enough. I thought about it after I posted, no point in rushing things. On to next week!

Ch Br
    Ch Br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Nice call SG.

In the end, Dallas did what Dallas does best.
    and FOR ONCE IT WASNT ROMO'S FAULT..... AMAZING

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Oh, by the way ... 4-0.

And I love this week's slate.

tj0421
    tj0421's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Whats the play tonight???

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by tj0421 View Post
    Whats the play tonight???
    This is the conundrum I'm trying to tell people I'm in:

You'll see more variation week by week if you bet more frequently. Thus, my good but not great performance when pressured to make plays. When disciplined and not urged to make anything but top plays, my NFL expertise truly comes out.

I think in the long run what you've seen from me in sparing, but higher advantage plays is worth more than the constant action that you may want (but leads to lesser results).

That said, I'm still analyzing tonight's game and may play it. As I've told others, I'll have at least 2 and probably 3 plays this weekend, which I really like.

hey buddy
    hey buddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10423

Any hints on who those plays are or do you prefer to wait?

Regardless, you do a good job on here and one of the few posters who do it in a respectable manner. GL

grizzlies1

That's one of the marks of a good handicapper dude, not forcing plays. I'll check back in Sunday for some tips!

Dexter
    Update your status

23-13 Falcons.

MJD keeps that clock moving tonight....get some

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

I agree, I cannot and will not play the Jaguars, but I have a feeling Atlanta wins by 10-13 ... but I might have a teaser including tonight's game.

You like that, Dex?

If I release that, I might as well include the other games I really like this week.

The winners are coming.

First 1234 Last