wakeboardr886
    wakeboardr886's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7877

The Seahawks will beat the eagles on Thursday

I'm taking the Seahawks ml on Thursday night. The eagles are done for the season. They displayed a poor performance against a pats D that isn't the best in the league on their own turf. This team just has been making too many mistakes. Now that they are out of the playoffs, they basically have nothing to play for. The Seahawks have been playing a lot better in the 2nd half of the season and have the ability to beat the eagles. I'm taking the dog at home on Thursday

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

I think Lynch will have a monster game.

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

You mind posting a reason other than the Eagles losing badly to the 2nd best team in the NFL?

WinningIsKeY
    WinningIsKeY's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leaning sea myself , but big on the under 44.. Bol to
    All

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Aren't teams like 0-12 or something like that when they have to travel 2,000+ miles on a short week for Thursday games?

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wakeboardr886 View Post
    I'm taking the Seahawks ml on Thursday night. The eagles are done for the season. They displayed a poor performance against a pats D that isn't the best in the league on their own turf. This team just has been making too many mistakes. Now that they are out of the playoffs, they basically have nothing to play for. The Seahawks have been playing a lot better in the 2nd half of the season and have the ability to beat the eagles. I'm taking the dog at home on Thursday
    Not committing yet but I am thinking the same thing.
    Eagles are in disarray. 4-7. Dream team?
    DeShaun Jackson's pouting has split the clubhouse in half. HUGE issue. Reid benced his ass 4th quarter.
    Vick (doubtful again) got his $ 100M... now he is a dog, pardon the expression.
    Maclin is ALWAYS hurt, only plays when it is important, and THIS GAME IS NOT. He might start "for show" then he is out after a few hits. I wish there was a prop bet on that... and two key CB's for Eagles are banged up, one doubtful, the other questionable.
    Even Andy Reid, one of the best coaches in the NFL, is under fire. A mess.
    And Vince Young is a joke, he is rusty, seems to have lost some athleticism, if he plays, they will knock him all over the place.
    2,000 mile short travel week to weird setting in the NW. Eagles do not want to go. Drink some booze, eat some salmon, chase some skirt.
    Thursday night national TV 3 hour game visitor with home dog and all of those weird Seattle fans!
    Seattle "O" is not much, but in this spot, I say, Lynch runs for 175 yds, has a field day, Eagle "D" throws in the towel.
    A key, Seattle has mentally adjusted to being out of the race, they are pros, Carroll is a relatively new coach setting the tone for the future, the players are playing for contracts, stats, to make the team, for playing time.. whereas the Eagles will mentally be out of it, harsh reality has set in, spoiled brats finally realize the stupid ass dream team thing is a disaster, and they BLEW it.
    And the NFCE sucks... overrated by media hype... goes to bookmakers lines.. ATS they have struggled out of conference. But NFCW is no stalwart, either.
    I am waiting for weather, injury updates (Rice? Vick? Maclin? Cromartie? Asomugha?), all of that...
    But at this point, Seahawks are nothing to shout about but I like Seattle +3 VERY BIG.
    Last edited by Serbone; 11-29-11 at 11:17 AM.

WinningIsKeY

Nice points guys.. I already was thinking about the travel. I remember chris berman saying philly wins when they DONT fly to travel. Well a flight here on a short week. Sea gets up at home to play games like this.How about over/under
    Last edited by WinningIsKeY; 11-29-11 at 10:41 AM.

WinningIsKeY

I like under here.. Can't see an air game between these teams. Ground game, Philly has injury issues and on short rest, sea looks like an under machine.. I see a 24-17 game here.. Thoughts??

GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11304

The under is the play for sure. Seattle has a tough time scoring and their QB is banged up. Couple of crappy teams.

wakeboardr886

I personally like the under myself, Vick might still be Hurt and Seattle does have a decent defense. I see a close game with not many points being scored

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Not committing yet but I am thinking the same thing.
    DeShaun Jackson's pouting has split the clubhouse in half. HUGE issue. Reid benced his ass 4th quarter.
    Maclin is ALWAYS hurt, only plays when it is important, and THIS GAME IS NOT. He might start "for show" then he is out after a few hits. I wish there was a prop bet on that... and two key CB's for Eagles are banged up, one doubtful, the other questionable.
    And Vince Young is a joke, he is rusty, seems to have lost some athleticism, if he plays, they will knock him all over the place.
    2,000 mile short travel week to weird setting in the NW. Eagles do not want to go. Drink some booze, eat some salmon, chase some skirt.
    Thursday night national TV 3 hour game visitor with home dog and all of those weird Seattle fans!
    Seattle "O" is not much, but in this spot, I say, Lynch runs for 175 yds, has a field day, Eagle "D" throws in the towel.
    A key, Seattle has mentally adjusted to being out of the race, they are pros, Carroll is a relatively new coach setting the tone for the future, the players are playing for contracts, stats, to make the team, for playing time.. whereas the Eagles will mentally be out of it, harsh reality has set in, spoiled brats finally realize the stupid ass dream team thing is a disaster, and they BLEW it.
    And the NFCE sucks... overrated by media hype... goes to bookmakers lines.. ATS they have struggled out of conference. But NFCW is no stalwart, either.
    I am waiting for weather, injury updates (Rice? Vick? Maclin? Cromartie? Asomugha?), all of that...
    But at this point, Seahawks are nothing to shout about but I like Seattle +3 VERY BIG.

Pretty much nailed it all but I got drilled by Seattle this past weekend. They got outgained by Rex Grossman and Roy Helu 416-250. Philly is better IF they feel like playing and if they have enough healthy receivers.
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 11-29-11 at 12:23 PM.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

look at the fat man in my avatar... do you really think this man lets this team come out and quit on thursday, after this past weekends performance?

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

They've shit the bed against Seattle before.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Seattle too, Phillys done

WinningIsKeY

They only win when they drive the team bus to away games(weird stat I got from boomer) when they fly , diff story.. Injuries to key players will factor in. Sea fans will carry team emotionally on thurs night.. like the under here even if it landed 23-20 under still hits.. Two teams will not air it out this day...gl
    Last edited by WinningIsKeY; 11-29-11 at 12:40 PM.

HotRush
    HotRush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 409

Take the under

Jutzu
    Jutzu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 520

Eagles will win out for the rest of the season!

WinningIsKeY

Quote Originally Posted by Jutzu View Post
    Eagles will win out for the rest of the season!
    espn's C'MON MAN comment of the day

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsKeY View Post
    Nice points guys.. I already was thinking about the travel. I remember chris berman saying philly wins when they DONT fly to travel. Well a flight here on a short week. Sea gets up at home to play games like this.How about over/under
    If ever there was a media-enhanced statistic, this is it... This has NO bearing on future games.

WinningIsKeY

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    If ever there was a media-enhanced statistic, this is it... This has NO bearing on future games.
    Smart guy.. I use my own method of handicapping which includes many factors. Even it it be something as small as boom mentioned still could be used in decision making. If you like the eagles in this spot you can say it. I collect information from multiple sources and at the end I make my play. Just trying to share anything on the game.. You are not different than I , so don't pass judgement pal..

Bol to all here to discuss football, not psychology.

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting on either one of these crappy teams isnt a safe or good bet imo. Calm down amd wait for the weekend.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsKeY View Post
    Smart guy.. I use my own method of handicapping which includes many factors. Even it it be something as small as boom mentioned still could be used in decision making. If you like the eagles in this spot you can say it. I collect information from multiple sources and at the end I make my play. Just trying to share anything on the game.. You are not different than I , so don't pass judgement pal..

Bol to all here to discuss football, not psychology.
    Easy there. No harm intended. However this particular statistic is about as meaningful as what the Eagles had for breakfast (A small sample "trend" that doesn't consider the line or opponent). I can get on board with using an outside influence as a reason to lay off a game, but as supporting evidence to make a play, even as the last 1% of the work done, it's bogus, IMO. I would say the same thing if it supported my position.

I respect people that handicap their own games a great deal, and honestly the board could use more cappers and less GOY/Lock fools. Glad to see another guy doing his own work. Good luck this weekend, but I disagree with playing Seattle. Below is my writeup for this game, copied from where I posted it in another thread.

I'm confused by the Seahawk support... I really like the Eagles to take this game and like the current PHI -3 (+110) available.

Looking at the Seahawks, they really don't have much available on the ground. Lynch gets the majority of the carries, but he's more of a power back than a speed/agility guy that's more suited to be a #2 RB. In the air, Tavaris Jackson is one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. Additionally, Sidney Rice will almost definitely not play this week as he just suffered another concussion on Sunday. The short week will keep him out of the lineup, IMO. Their defense looks good on paper, but when you consider who they've faced, their "solid D" makes more sense. They really only have one win against a quality team this season and that was against a Baltimore team who were themselves coming off the most important game of their season (which virtually guaranteed them the AFC North division win).

People make WAY too much of the loss to the Patriots. New England has hit their stride and are a much superior team to the current Philly team. A lot of much better teams that the Eagles have been picked apart by Tom Brady. It shouldn't be viewed as an unexpected loss, and shouldn't detract from the matchup issues for this game. Philadelphia is a much better team than the Seahawks and presents matchup issues that will make this a tough game for Seattle to be competitive.

Specifically, Tavaris Jackson will get sacked no less than 4 times in this game. Short on receiving options and range while facing a depleted (but still quality) PHI secondary is going to expand the time he'll need to work, while being harried by an aggressive Eagles pass rush. Philadelphia is one of the best teams at bringing pressure and I really don't consider Lynch to be sufficiently dangerous that he'll be able to take advantage of the spacing of the wide 9 in the interior. Philadelphia will prioritize applying pressure to Jackson to help out their depleted secondary, and Seattle is vulnerable to sacks (particularly from pressure coming off the ends and corner blitzes)

On the other end, Vince Young has another game under his belt and looked pretty good early on against the Patriots. His completion rate is low for that game because the Eagles had to pass a lot when trailing in the game. He was only sacked twice, but pressured a lot in that game and still managed 400 yards. Seattle is very weak in their pass rush and VY is going to have the time to work. The one element that Seattle is very good at is run defense, but McCoy is extremely versatile and should challenge the Seattle defensive line enough that he will still probably get 70 rushing yards. I would expect him to get a few productive touches receiving out of the backfield as well.

Finally, in the second half of the last game, Andy Reid was taking a lot of abuse from the Philadelphia "faithful" and the one element about this team that often goes unmentioned during all the dream team talk, is that Andy Reid is very well respected by his players. This trash talking of Reid is a powerful motivator to this group to perform and given the matchup issues mentioned above, I expect Philly to win this game soundly. Something in the 24-10 range.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 11-30-11 at 02:00 AM.

wakeboardr886

Taking the under too as well

gamble9-5
    gamble9-5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    look at the fat man in my avatar... do you really think this man lets this team come out and quit on thursday, after this past weekends performance?
    this fatman you speak of will not have a job after this year.... fans hate him and so does everyone else....

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by gamble9-5 View Post
    this fatman you speak of will not have a job after this year.... fans hate him and so does everyone else....
    He will be back in philly next yr... Like it or not. And no job? Teams would be knocking his door down trying to bring him in... He will be back in philly though.
    Last edited by dlunc3; 12-01-11 at 04:33 PM.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by gamble9-5 View Post
    Even if you hate the Eagles and/or Andy Reid, this is just ignorant.

zsr

Wow what a shocking start, who could of seen this coming, oh wait

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Philly answered with a TD & now Lynch is in-n-out? I have Seattle ML but my biggest play was Lynch Over 82.5 which is already a winner!!

wakeboardr886

Congrats seattle backers!!!

zsr

Congrats seattle backers!!!
    Doesn't get easier then that.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am thinking the same thing.
    But at this point, Seahawks are nothing to shout about but I like Seattle +3 VERY BIG.[/quote]

Save time. Ask Serbone.

RicRuler
    RicRuler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I seen a trend stat today that in the history of Thursday Night Football every team that has traveled 1400 miles or more from the location of their last game the previous Sunday has a lifetime record of 0-12.

I immediately took Seattle +140 to win and now the lifetime record of the team traveling 1400 miles on thursday night is 0-13.
    Last edited by RicRuler; 12-01-11 at 11:55 PM. Reason: typo

BB_Mariners
    BB_Mariners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

I just came back from the game and got to say that I was positively impressed with Hawks game, I am not sure if the win was product of their great play or lack of Eagles players effort but they looked good.
    Definitely they improved penalty game (only 30 yrd) no turnover, defense played tough made some crucial interceptions.
    My pick was -3 Eagles but couldn't lay it against my Hawks, lucky me.

Go Hawks.