ScottK
    ScottK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thursday: Eagles vs. Seahawks

Early Week 13 game. Hard game to cap in my eyes as you never know if either Philly or Seattle will show up with a legitimately good effort.

The Eagles will be favored on the road, I'm sure. Who you guys liking?

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Vick probably plays, but I like the Seahawks to pound them by running it.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

If Vick plays...Seahawks
    If Young plays....Seahawks

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Weird upscope is against the eagles again Haha... I guess he's smart though... He is 7-4 this season with his hatred towards philly.. Good work, that's a solid record! Hopefully for your sake you didnt carry your hatred into baseball the last few yrs and bet against the phills every night... On a different note, aren't you the guy who said he had to quit betting football bc he couldn't take the losing?? Now I'm just confused!

upscope

What are you confused about?? Can you honestly tell me that you're beating football this yr??

And obviously, you don't bet baseball?? Do you think betting on the Phillies every night netted any profit?? Do you homer it UP there too & lay -230 every night?? I bet you do really well consistently laying -230 in baseball?? I actually did quite well fading the over priced Phillies this yr in the playoffs. Just like I'm sure you're having a winning season betting football too?? You somehow get more & more delusional after each Eagle loss. Seriously, tell me how much you've lost betting on the overrated Eagles this yr?? I'll be honest w/ you, I'm 3-1 this yr betting against the Eagles. Lost the St. Louis game & won the Buf, Chi & Ari games. How bout you?? And no I will not be betting on or against them this week.

You know why I despise Philly teams so much?? I like teams that "build" championships not "buy" them. Add that w/ hands down the most arrogant yet ignorant fan base & Philly becomes an easy target

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

I am hammering the favorite here. Thursday night after TG is a fav every year..

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    What are you confused about?? Can you honestly tell me that you're beating football this yr??

And obviously, you don't bet baseball?? Do you think betting on the Phillies every night netted any profit?? Do you homer it UP there too & lay -230 every night?? I bet you do really well consistently laying -230 in baseball?? I actually did quite well fading the over priced Phillies this yr in the playoffs. Just like I'm sure you're having a winning season betting football too?? You somehow get more & more delusional after each Eagle loss. Seriously, tell me how much you've lost betting on the overrated Eagles this yr?? I'll be honest w/ you, I'm 3-1 this yr betting against the Eagles. Lost the St. Louis game & won the Buf, Chi & Ari games. How bout you?? And no I will not be betting on or against them this week.

You know why I despise Philly teams so much?? I like teams that "build" championships not "buy" them. Add that w/ hands down the most arrogant yet ignorant fan base & Philly becomes an easy target
    This has been the easiest football season to bet in the last 5 years... I am a $200 unit bettor and am up a little under 15k thusfar (college included).. how are you not up money??? I am dreading the season coming to a close..

And how have the phills "bought" a team? who did they buy on that roster other then cliff lee? for the most part, the rest of the team has been home grown or brought in via trade... esp the 2008 WS team.. you must be clueless... and this eagles team has the same exact salary cap as any other team.. there is a salary cap in football in case you didnt know, every team is forced to spend a certain amount of money, and every team has a limit. The term "bought" has no place in sports where there is a cap..

And YES, if you bet the phills every regular season game this year, you are definitely up.. they were the #5 team in baseball in terms of money made, and have been in the top 10 since the 2008 season... you honestly must be new to sports
    Last edited by dlunc3; 11-29-11 at 02:28 PM.

dlunc3

And I dont bet baseball???

dlunc3

you want a garbage fan base, why dont you target cowboys and braves fans??? dont your find it funny that the majority are a fan of both teams?? weird since Dallas and Atlanta are nowhere near each other right? Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they were both good in the 90's and that the majority of guys on this site grew up in the 90's

upscope

There's your delusion coming through again.....You're right the Eagles have always been known as the "Dream Team".....weird how they have the same roster they had last yr?? I could have swore that handed out multiple 5 yr deals last yr?? My bad, I must be mistaken

Yea. Sure the Phills didn't buy anybody .....Oh wait, you're counting dump of trades where a team gives UP some lint for a 20m/per as not "buying" ......Yep, Haladay was homegrown?? Lee, sure.....Oswalt, Pence, Ibanez?? Sure thing.....gotcha'. Blanton, Werth, Lidge....okie dokie!! Now they just "bought" Papelbon for 12m/per....lol....Seriously dude the Phillies payroll was $173,000,000 last yr & you're trying to say they haven't bought anybody.....WTF is wrong w/ Philly fans?? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt & shrug it off as delusion even though it's actually border line retardation.

upscope

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    I am hammering the favorite here. Thursday night after TG is a fav every year..

You really believe that has any bearing on who's going to cover this game??

dlunc3

packers must buy championships too huh? or did they draft charles woodson? there is no such thing as buying a team in football... hate on the fraud cowboys fans if you wanna hate on a fan base.. not the devoted philly fan base who have been with this team through it all and still havent seen a ring...

dlunc3

or how about the pats fans? at the game on sunday and couldnt even keep track of all the bandwagoners out and about... its a joke

upscope

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    packers must buy championships too huh? or did they draft charles woodson? there is no such thing as buying a team in football... hate on the fraud cowboys fans if you wanna hate on a fan base.. not the devoted philly fan base who have been with this team through it all and still havent seen a ring...
    I respect devoted fans....But geeze keep it realistic man. At least you have an argument w/ the Eagles but to claim the Phills are not "buying" their way to pennants is strait delusion....

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

This has been the easiest football season to bet in the last 5 years... I am a $200 unit bettor and am up a little under 15k thusfar (college included).. how are you not up money??? I am dreading the season coming to a close..

I totally agree with you on this season. I think the lockout and the high amount of injuries has made for a perfect storm for alot of bettors. I think the bookies have set more easy lines this year too. For example...got Eli over 285.5 yards passing last night. How easy was that? Jacobs runs with those little choppy steps most of the time so you knew Eli was throwing it a ton. I think the Bears are an easy one this weekend.

dlunc3

none of the four big names the eagles brought in, babin, jenking, nnamdi, and drc were "bought".... the eagles work the cap well and made the room to lock up these big names.. locked babin, jenkins, nnamdi all up to 5 yr deals, and you also fault them for trading to bring in DRC? other teams wish they worked the cap corrected so that they can afford to bring in talented free agents.. you really are going to blame the eagles for being wise with their money and how they work the cap?? sure, the players havent produced as expected, but being clever with their personnel and cap money is something you should applaud them for, not hate on.. again, football and baseball are two different monsters.. the cap prevents "buying" championships... if a team works the cap well and is smart with how they spend their money.. then good for them

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post

I totally agree with you on this season. I think the lockout and the high amount of injuries has made for a perfect storm for alot of bettors. I think the bookies have set more easy lines this year too. For example...got Eli over 285.5 yards passing last night. How easy was that? Jacobs runs with those little choppy steps most of the time so you knew Eli was throwing it a ton. I think the Bears are an easy one this weekend.
    seriously... jimmy graham over was only 72 yards?? giants have been giving that up to tight ends all season.. saints, texans, and pats were all gifts this week

dlunc3

I respect devoted fans....But geeze keep it realistic man. At least you have an argument w/ the Eagles but to claim the Phills are not "buying" their way to pennants is strait delusion....
    the core of the 2008 WS team was hamels, howard, utley, rollins, ruiz, madson... all home grown.. bc of these home grown players making this team successful, along with the devoted fan base, this team can afford to now go out and spend money to get better.. money didnt just appear out of nowhere, the winning players and fan base has resulted into extra money to spend... that is how powerhouses in baseball are built

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

For this game it would have to be Seattle ML or nothing. Either Philly goes out hard and wins it or lays down & gets smoked. I don't see a close game either way.

dlunc3

i wont be betting it... but andy reid has been historically good coming off bad losses.. BOL whichever side you chose

upscope

Double digit favs are never gifts in the NFL. I'll admit college has been pretty smooth this yr. & seems "too easy" @ times but to say the NFL is as easy as it has been in 5 yrs is absurd. I generally don't lay -115 which is what it takes to bet player props so if that's what your calling "easy" then Ok, I guess. But beating the NFL spread wise has been anything but "easy" for the majority of betters this yr for some reason.

dlunc3

who was the double digit fav?

upscope

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    who was the double digit fav?
    meant td fav

upscope

any fav for that mat....lol

dlunc3

yea no doubt... nothing is a lock, but there seem to be a few good games every week... have also had a lot of success with 2 game 6.5 teasers and 10 pt 3 team teasers... for example, Atl and and dallas teaser last week, gb + dal on thanksgiving, or nyj/atl/pitt the last two days... each teaser made all those games ML plays... of course dallas and nyj made me sweat it out, but it seems like these type of plays have been cashing in quite a bit this season

2dolla2holla
    2dolla2holla's Avatar Become A Pro!

i really like the under in this game

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm confused by the Seahawk support... I really like the Eagles to take this game and like the current PHI -3 (+110) available.

Looking at the Seahawks, they really don't have much available on the ground. Lynch gets the majority of the carries, but he's more of a power back than a speed/agility guy that's more suited to be a #2 RB. In the air, Tavaris Jackson is one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. Additionally, Sidney Rice will almost definitely not play this week as he just suffered another concussion on Sunday. The short week will keep him out of the lineup, IMO. Their defense looks good on paper, but when you consider who they've faced, their "solid D" makes more sense. They really only have one win against a quality team this season and that was against a Baltimore team who were themselves coming off the most important game of their season (which virtually guaranteed them the AFC North division win).

People make WAY too much of the loss to the Patriots. New England has hit their stride and are a much superior team to the current Philly team. A lot of much better teams that the Eagles have been picked apart by Tom Brady. It shouldn't be viewed as an unexpected loss, and shouldn't detract from the matchup issues for this game. Philadelphia is a much better team than the Seahawks and presents matchup issues that will make this a tough game for Seattle to be competitive.

Specifically, Tavaris Jackson will get sacked no less than 4 times in this game. Short on receiving options and range while facing a depleted (but still quality) PHI secondary is going to expand the time he'll need to work, while being harried by an aggressive Eagles pass rush. Philadelphia is one of the best teams at bringing pressure and I really don't consider Lynch to be sufficiently dangerous that he'll be able to take advantage of the spacing of the wide 9 in the interior. Philadelphia will prioritize applying pressure to Jackson to help out their depleted secondary, and Seattle is vulnerable to sacks (particularly from pressure coming off the ends and corner blitzes)

On the other end, Vince Young has another game under his belt and looked pretty good early on against the Patriots. His completion rate is low for that game because the Eagles had to pass a lot when trailing in the game. He was only sacked twice, but pressured a lot in that game and still managed 400 yards. Seattle is very weak in their pass rush and VY is going to have the time to work. The one element that Seattle is very good at is run defense, but McCoy is extremely versatile and should challenge the Seattle defensive line enough that he will still probably get 70 rushing yards. I would expect him to get a few productive touches receiving out of the backfield as well.

Finally, in the second half of the last game, Andy Reid was taking a lot of abuse from the Philadelphia "faithful" and the one element about this team that often goes unmentioned during all the dream team talk, is that Andy Reid is very well respected by his players. This trash talking of Reid is a powerful motivator to this group to perform and given the matchup issues mentioned above, I expect Philly to win this game soundly. Something in the 24-10 range.
    Points Awarded:

dlunc3 gave suicidekings 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I'm confused by the Seahawk support... I really like the Eagles to take this game and like the current PHI -3 (+110) available.

Looking at the Seahawks, they really don't have much available on the ground. Lynch gets the majority of the carries, but he's more of a power back than a speed/agility guy that's more suited to be a #2 RB. In the air, Tavaris Jackson is one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. Additionally, Sidney Rice will almost definitely not play this week as he just suffered another concussion on Sunday. The short week will keep him out of the lineup, IMO. Their defense looks good on paper, but when you consider who they've faced, their "solid D" makes more sense. They really only have one win against a quality team this season and that was against a Baltimore team who were themselves coming off the most important game of their season (which virtually guaranteed them the AFC North division win).

People make WAY too much of the loss to the Patriots. New England has hit their stride and are a much superior team to the current Philly team. A lot of much better teams that the Eagles have been picked apart by Tom Brady. It shouldn't be viewed as an unexpected loss, and shouldn't detract from the matchup issues for this game. Philadelphia is a much better team than the Seahawks and presents matchup issues that will make this a tough game for Seattle to be competitive.

Specifically, Tavaris Jackson will get sacked no less than 4 times in this game. Short on receiving options and range while facing a depleted (but still quality) PHI secondary is going to expand the time he'll need to work, while being harried by an aggressive Eagles pass rush. Philadelphia is one of the best teams at bringing pressure and I really don't consider Lynch to be sufficiently dangerous that he'll be able to take advantage of the spacing of the wide 9 in the interior. Philadelphia will prioritize applying pressure to Jackson to help out their depleted secondary, and Seattle is vulnerable to sacks (particularly from pressure coming off the ends and corner blitzes)

On the other end, Vince Young has another game under his belt and looked pretty good early on against the Patriots. His completion rate is low for that game because the Eagles had to pass a lot when trailing in the game. He was only sacked twice, but pressured a lot in that game and still managed 400 yards. Seattle is very weak in their pass rush and VY is going to have the time to work. The one element that Seattle is very good at is run defense, but McCoy is extremely versatile and should challenge the Seattle defensive line enough that he will still probably get 70 rushing yards. I would expect him to get a few productive touches receiving out of the backfield as well.

Finally, in the second half of the last game, Andy Reid was taking a lot of abuse from the Philadelphia "faithful" and the one element about this team that often goes unmentioned during all the dream team talk, is that Andy Reid is very well respected by his players. This trash talking of Reid is a powerful motivator to this group to perform and given the matchup issues mentioned above, I expect Philly to win this game soundly. Something in the 24-10 range.
    very good writeup

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Suicide Kings, one of the few intelligent posters in the NFL forum

upscope

Quote Originally Posted by SparJMU View Post
    Suicide Kings, one of the few intelligent posters in the NFL forum

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

When Seattle is an underdog at home they play very well and very tough. Qwest Field is a tough place to play in (ask the Saints). I take Seattle ML, no need for the points here.