riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Bears @ Raiders thoughts?

What are your thoughts on this game; both against the spread and the total?

I'll be at the game and would love to hear different opinions. Personally I like the Bears to cover the spread and even win outright. Hanie looked decent last time he was on the field (i know it was a lonnnng time ago) and he has been with the Bears a while now and knows the system. I thing as long as his decision making is on, the Bears will be fine. Add Hester, Forte and the handful of other studs to the mix and the Raiders will have their hands full. All that said. I want to hear YOUR opinions!

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Before Cutler's injury I would have a hard time picking this one. Both teams were very evenly matched on the road and at home. Now, I'm confident that Oakland will pull it off.

Don't expect Chicago's offense to perform at the same level; I anticipate some struggles.

Two main factors:

Cutler is out
    Oakland has home field advantage.

I think that's all it will take.

manicart
    manicart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

I like the bears defense to pressure carson into some interceptions and forte to have a great game
    Bears + pts

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

CHI + the points because of there D and Forte will be getting a tonne of action . And also the Under because of the same reasons.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Toughest game on the board to handicap. Palmer is inconsistent and who know what you will get from Hanie.

I am done betting any game that involves the AFC west

Bosseman22
    Bosseman22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 43540

also liking the under

GreatNorthSports
    GreatNorthSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

With a new QB, I'd except CHI to lean heavy on Forte. Don't forget, the Raiders lost to KC and Denver at home. Neither of those two teams are anything special. Also, OAK is allowing 131.6 yards/game to opposing running backs which puts them at 26th in the league. A solid day for Forte and the Bears should take this one straight up.

overmanbrats
    overmanbrats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 278

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNorthSports View Post
    With a new QB, I'd except CHI to lean heavy on Forte. Don't forget, the Raiders lost to KC and Denver at home. Neither of those two teams are anything special. Also, OAK is allowing 131.6 yards/game to opposing running backs which puts them at 26th in the league. A solid day for Forte and the Bears should take this one straight up.
    The raiders lost to KC & Den due to inconsistencies with a New QB.
    In those 2 games, they threw 9 interceptions.
    The offense is getting better each week.
    Carson Palmer will manage this game & keep Forte off the field.
    The defense will be rested & contain forte, he wont have more than 60yds

joeyt
    joeyt's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like chicago + pts

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I did split my bet 50/50 between Bears ML and Bears +4.5

I think it will be a really tight game and I feel Bears will come out on top in the end...

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Raiders win this one by 7+...................................... ........................................ ....................

Jutzu
    Jutzu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 520

Over

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

who knows with the spread the under is a fact

letitride87
    letitride87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears are more complete team even with hanie at qb. raiders are extremely banged up their only healthy receivers are chaz schilens and old man housh. Bears + the points is the play.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by letitride87 View Post
    Bears are more complete team even with hanie at qb. raiders are extremely banged up their only healthy receivers are chaz schilens and old man housh. Bears + the points is the play.
    Bears are certainly not a more complete team with Hanie at the helm. Cutler is having a great season, dudes just love to hate on him

the under in this game is one of my favorite plays all week.

letitride87
    letitride87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Time is Money View Post
    Bears are certainly not a more complete team with Hanie at the helm. Cutler is having a great season, dudes just love to hate on him

the under in this game is one of my favorite plays all week.

I'll agree to disagree. Defense and special teams no contest bears are better. Offense tilts to oakland due to cutler going down who was on a hot streak, I agree. I just think hanie can manage with a heavy does of forte/barber running for chunks of yardage.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

i was going to play raiders medium but not sure after line moving from 4 to 3

rkowna
    rkowna's Avatar Become A Pro!

Found this site a while ago, have been lurking, but some posts seemed to be flamewars. Have seen some great threads, however, and some great minds and insight, so decided to join. There are so few real handicapping sites I was amazed a place like this existed. Every year, for the past 20 years, I pick 5 teams to follow. Bears are default team, as they are my hometown, and then two AFC, two NFC. I take a month off, go to the camps, and then study not just stats but articles and opinions as well as they seem to mean more than ATS record 3 years ago when the defensive back coach is a juggler. Thanks for letting me in, and love the site.

The key here is do you believe in Mike Martz Cutler is not a top tier quartrback, but he has shown an ability to mix up the air game enought to let Forte do his thing. The illerati lumen fidei tend to agree with the notion that MArtz is capapble of working a grocery clerk into the lineup. Warner was a good QB with no exposure, not a lucky lottery guy. That said, MArtz offense is always built around a power back (Faulk, Forte), that can scare pass coverage into cheating to a run play.

Can Caleb do any of the things required to draw coverage off of Forte and the run and onto the receiving corps? I watched a lot of BEar camp, and he isn't bad. He keeps his composure, and his arm is strong. Hanie is no grocery bagger, but I am guessing neither was Warner.

I had two best bet plays ATS after running all of my regression programs and my own "instinct" analysis. Jets -9.5 against
    billls should be a no brainer. The Jets have to make amends for big mouths, little brains against the Broncos. This should be an easy pick, the kind you don't even have to watch, but my complete lack of faith in Ryan and his band of failures makes this one a no go. I normallly build on a two team, lock parlay, and drop 350 to 1100 units on both to win.

This week, no lock parlay (have hit 9 of 10 weeks to date). Can't trust the Jets. I am stuck with the Bears. One overlooked factor is the Bear defense. They have not played well, and Brina Urlachr called them out this week. A couple years ago Palmer smoked the Bears. While this may be a rd flag, after listening to Urlacher he remembers how Palmer, not the Bengals, Palmer, made the Bears look bad, and wont hesitate to make sure his teammates remember as well.

Whether Martz works his magic or not I believe the sleeping giant Bear defense has been awakened. 500, not a typo, 500 units on bears at -3.0, 100 units on bears money line. Sick I can't bet parlay combos but just not sure about jets leadership.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    i was going to play raiders medium but not sure after line moving from 4 to 3
    So you were willing to lay 4 but not 3?

YouHave2outs

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    So you were willing to lay 4 but not 3?
    line moved from 5 to 3 today. something is fishy. i don't know why you are scratching your head like a straight idiot. steam like that is usually a good reason to reconsider a play.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Folks don't forget how beat up the Raiders are. Outside of the highly publicized injuries to McFadden (out) and Jacoby Ford (out), Darius HB is a gametime (was in the hospital after last weeks game). Denarius Moore is also out leaving them with TJ, Chaz Schillens and Louis Murphy as wide outs. That is a ton of speed out of that position. Their starting centre Samson Satele is cooked with a concussion and won't go.

Moore and Taiwan Jones will both be out so they need a new punt returner and may turn to a guy they just signed.

On D safety Michael Huff is still banged up and Richard Seymour is only going to play on rush downs. That is huge against Forte.

The Bears are healthy except for Cutler. If Hanie has his timing down, this is still a Mike Martz game plan and they can be very tough on a defense. Especially one who will allow rushing yardage to set up his schemes. Martz has adapted well this year in working the run into his complicated bullshit. Oakland is weak defensively against the run.

Chicago has compiled a better record against a much much tougher schedule and are clearly the better team here. I don't know a damn thing about Caleb Hanie or I would be tripping over myself to play the Bears.

Good Luck Gents with whatever you decide but that is my scoop for what it is worth.
    Last edited by billysink; 11-26-11 at 11:33 PM.

YouHave2outs

great info, thank you for the post

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    great info, thank you for the post
    Hope it helps.

That is a very bad man in your avatar.