Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Redskins +9 and Under

Romo is awful on the road. This line is crazy. You can throw records out the window when these 2 teams play. Will be a close , low scoring game.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

agreed, +9 is a lot to lay on the road against a division rival with a good defense

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

what about Redskins + 300
    Romo is awful on the road.

or does Arizona cardinals have a better shot at upsetting the overrated 9ers?

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I'm a diehard Skins fan and you may regret this bet. The Skins are the worst I've seen in literally years and while their defense is coming around and has some real talent (Orakpo/Kerrigan/Landry) their offense is one of the very worst in the league. 9 pts is big, especially as a home under-dog, but heck, I'd just tease it up further or play the other side. What I've done the past 2 weeks is play the Skins game total UNDER and it's come thru easily each time.

Mike Hazard
    Mike Hazard's Avatar Become A Pro!

My problem with the under here is that the books have adjusted to the recent poor offensive showings of the Redskins and while I agree with DJ Dana that 2 last weeks were gimmes on under, I feel this is time to stop as I see no real value on u41.5. The main reason is that the offense struggled mightily under Beck, while Grossman is much more capable of moving the chains and is also more succeptible to turnovers which may lead to instant change of the field position and points. When I look at the numbers, I see a slight value if I count only points scored, but be ware that Cowboys racked up plenty of yards and then struggled in Red. Over the longer course of time, teams that can move up and down the field are going to score more than Dallas did so far. I believe the total line here is sharp. I completely agree that the value is on the Skins at +9, even though they are awful recently.

@DJ Dana - Is there any bad blood in the locker or with Shanahans? I never read anything that would make me think that the chemistry is the problem, but your team plays so bad atm that it makes me wonder.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    what about Redskins + 300
    Romo is awful on the road.

or does Arizona cardinals have a better shot at upsetting the overrated 9ers?
    i dont think the Cards can do it twice in a row. the niners defense is going to get some turnovers against skeleton or whatever his name is

DJ Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hazard View Post

@DJ Dana - Is there any bad blood in the locker or with Shanahans? I never read anything that would make me think that the chemistry is the problem, but your team plays so bad atm that it makes me wonder.

To your first point, I was focussing ONLY on betting the Skins team pt total under (it should be about 17 or 18 and just look how inept they've been lately, it may still offer value). While Grossman is an improvement over Beck (goodness, I can't believe I actually typed that just now) they still are very challenged putting up points.

I don't know of any bad blood within the locker at this point (and I follow this team 24/7). There are just, on the offensive side of the ball only, a very real lack of play-makers at this point. In addition to this, an already talent bare team has been hit by the injury bug the past month and thus the complete lack of output on the scoreboard (Trent Williams, Santana Moss, Chris Cooley all out). Their O-line is still a work in progress and thus you get game like the Buffalo game where they got trucked for 10 sacks. Beck is probably gone for good because his lack of footwork and pocket presence allowed conservatively 4 or 5 of those sacks.

People talk about this matchup ALWAYS historically being close, and it usually is. They almost always split no matter how each team is doing individually in the given season. You won't see that this week as I forecast Dallas winning this game quite easily. 9 is a lot of points but I think Dallas covers it and with ease.
    Last edited by DJ Dana; 11-16-11 at 09:05 PM.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Romo is bad on the Road ? What is this based off of ? his 1,200 passing yards on the road ? 6 TD's ? 3 INT's ?

Mike Hazard
    Mike Hazard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dana View Post
    To your first point, I was focussing ONLY on betting the Skins team pt total under (it should be about 17 or 18 and just look how inept they've been lately, it may still offer value). While Grossman is an improvement over Beck (goodness, I can't believe I actually typed that just now) they still are very challenged putting up points.
    Oh ic, I misread sry. They are challenged I agree. It's a win win for you, huh? If they finally do come up with some 20+ points they might just win one

DJ Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hazard View Post
    Oh ic, I misread sry. They are challenged I agree. It's a win win for you, huh? If they finally do come up with some 20+ points they might just win one

Don't get me wrong amigo, I want the Skins to win! (especially against the dreaded Cowgirls). At the same time Barkley, Quinn or Jones would look great in burgundy and gold and with the other bottom-feeders in the league it's looking more and more like the Skins will be within the top 3 in next year's draft.